What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (3 Viewers)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Surprisingly, after 10 games the Ravens are now in third place in the AFC North, and four games out of first place. They have a critical game against Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving night. If they lose, Baltimore may struggle to make the playoffs.

Has the NFL adjusted to Lamar Jackson this fast?

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Surprisingly, after 10 games the Ravens are now in third place in the AFC North, and four games out of first place. They have a critical game against Pittsburgh on Thanksgiving night. If they lose, Baltimore may struggle to make the playoffs.

Has the NFL adjusted to Lamar Jackson this fast?
I haven’t been watching, but has the Ravens figured out how to get WRs involved more in the offense? Seemed to me that Jackson and the offense didn’t get much out of the passing game, other than the tight ends last year.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Damn that Saint defense was good and I would speculate that Taysom Hill made his bones today!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I haven’t been watching, but has the Ravens figured out how to get WRs involved more in the offense? Seemed to me that Jackson and the offense didn’t get much out of the passing game, other than the tight ends last year.
No, they have not. I'm not sure if it's a scheme issue, or just Jackson's lack of accuracy.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Bengals horrible offensive got their new franchise QB knocked out for the rest of the season. It's tough to see a promising young QB get injured - - Burrow was having a fine rookie season.
As someone who has followed the Bengals since moving into Bengals country 15 years ago, the most positive thing that can happen for that franchise is for the owner to sell the team to someone who values winning more than the pocketbook.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Well, no Thanksgiving night NFL game as the Ravens/Steelers game has been postponed to Sunday. That Sunday game might even be postponed as Covid-19 turns its ugly head again.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Well, no Thanksgiving night NFL game as the Ravens/Steelers game has been postponed to Sunday. That Sunday game might even be postponed as Covid-19 turns its ugly head again.
The Ravens play again next Thursday night, so postponing this game to Monday or Tuesday would cause that game to be rescheduled, too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
The Ravens play again next Thursday night, so postponing this game to Monday or Tuesday would cause that game to be rescheduled, too.
If things get out of hand beyond just those games, I think the last resort is to reduce the two week period before the SB to just one week. Frankly, I always hated the two week gap.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Rumors abound that the Chicago Bears are going to make Jim Harbaugh a whopping offer to take over coaching and football operations in 2021...and Harbaugh is interested. Michigan appears willing to keep Jim as their HC but obviously as with anywhere Harbaugh goes, tensions have arisen.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Rumors abound that the Chicago Bears are going to make Jim Harbaugh a whopping offer to take over coaching and football operations in 2021...and Harbaugh is interested. Michigan appears willing to keep Jim as their HC but obviously as with anywhere Harbaugh goes, tensions have arisen.
Please, Chicago, do it! It's time for Harbaugh to move on from Michigan. Jim has spent six seasons building the worst Michigan team that I can remember in the 50 years I've been watching the Maize and Blue.

Last week was just another example of how bad things are. Supposedly, there was an open competition during the week for the starting QB job between incumbent Joe Milton and sophomore Cade McNamara. Milton, a big mobile QB who cannot hit the broad side of a barn with his passes, held his job. After Michigan fell behind 17-0 to a horrible Rutgers team, Harbaugh finally put in McNamara, who proceeded to throw pinpoint passes all over the field and get the offense moving. The defense still couldn't stop anything, but Michigan did win 48-42 in triple overtime.

How any coach could watch both Milton and McNamara every day and come to the conclusion that Milton was the better option is something I just cannot comprehend.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That was the only game worth watching today. Now I guess it is a movie tonight.
What, those great matchups of Detroit vs. Houston and Dallas vs. Washington don't excite you? That Cowboys - formerly Skins game has serious playoff implications! :laugh:

I am bummed that the Steelers game has been pushed off to Sunday. I was looking forward to watching the game tonight. Pittsburgh players are not too happy about it, either. They lost their bye week due to Tennessee having Covid issues, and now have lost their "mini bye" due to Baltimore having similar issues. It's been a tough season for several teams.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, I am trying to talk myself into watching the Dallas game because it is pretty much a battle for first in the NFC East.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes, I am trying to talk myself into watching the Dallas game because it is pretty much a battle for first in the NFC East.
We'll be at my sister's house for dinner during that game. This is actually a really hard Thanksgiving for us. It's the first time in 32 years that I have not spent this long holiday weekend at my parents house in northern Michigan. My dad passed away a week before Christmas, and we moved my mother to a condo near us in southeastern Michigan in March.

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Mind boggling how bad the Lions bungled the end of the first half with atrocious clock management. Stanford has been there forever, and he doesn’t seem to take his team by the reigns.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Mind boggling how bad the Lions bungled the end of the first half with atrocious clock management. Stanford has been there forever, and he doesn’t seem to take his team by the reigns.

I had the exact same thought. It appeared they just gave up after the first half. Looking towards the draft I suppose.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I see that Jackson of the Ravens tested positive for Covid. This outbreak might finish the Ravens for this season. I do wonder if they even play on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerkyboyz2jerkymen