What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I haven't been following this thread, so sorry if it's already been brought up. And this seemed to be a touchy subject when I mentioned it a couple months ago... but here I go again.

Is it time to maybe address the options regarding Cam Newton? Is he simply not as good as he seemed to be? I still think something in him broke in the Super Bowl, and it never seems to have come back. He simply doesn't seem like the same player since what Von Miller did to him in that game.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t know why anyone would get on your case for asking that.

Newton hasn’t been very good since his mvp season. What was that ‘05?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don’t know why anyone would get on your case for asking that.

Newton hasn’t been very good since his mvp season. What was that ‘05?
I think your decade wheel slipped ;). It was the 2015-16 season. Cam was unbeatable. The Panthers went 15-1 and then Cam got positively planted in the Super Bowl. In fact, a lot of what happened to him in that game is illegal now, and was pretty borderline then. I think Miller (and some others) probably got away with it because Cam is such a running threat. So, the officials treated him more like a runner and less like a QB, which is really just fair. He pouted and walked out in the middle of his post game interview, and he simply has never seemed to be the same since.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Heck, he hasn't seemed the same since weeks 1-2 of the current season. He did fairly well pre-COVID. Since he's come back, he's been awful.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Heck, he hasn't seemed the same since weeks 1-2 of the current season. He did fairly well pre-COVID. Since he's come back, he's been awful.
He did seem revived early this year. COVID can have serious, lingering effects, and who knows if he's suffering from that?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Ron Rivera [whom I generally like and wish well] used Cam as a wrecking ball in Carolina for so many years that serious injury was inevitable at some point.
I personally still think Cam has a good year or so in him and there's no better coach to get them out than Belechik.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
What a game today in Englewood! I'm still pissed about the Las Vegas move but, Go Raiders.

Meanwhile Dak was sorely missed in big D today and @Robert Crawford , you're correct, Romo talks way too much.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What a game today in Englewood! I'm still pissed about the Las Vegas move but, Go Raiders.

Meanwhile Dak was sorely missed in big D today and @Robert Crawford , you're correct, Romo talks way too much.
He never shuts up. I wonder if they have an oxygen tank in their booth for Jim Nance due to Romo sucking all of the air out of the booth.;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Which NFL team is going to do us Michigan fans a favor and make Jim Harbaugh a contract offer in the off season?

Jets: a tire fire of a franchise, but they may end up with Trevor Lawrence. Maybe Harbaugh will be intrigued by coaching a franchise QB.

Atlanta Falcons: still have some offensive talent in Ryan, Julio Jones and Ridley.

Detroit Lions: just don't see Harbaugh wanting to go to the franchise where coaching careers go to die.

Dallas: Jerry Jones likes to make headlines, and McCarthy has been a disaster as a coach this season.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Would Harbaugh still be a hot name among NFL teams?

I doubt he’d be interested in the Falcons- an aging QB who will be remembered for helping his team give away a Super Bowl.

The Jets- interesting. I figure they’re going to wipe the slate clean in both the player personnel and coaching departments, and they’ll likely get the chance to pick the
“can’t miss” QB (I still think they should give Darnold another chance- picking a QB after every bad season has done the franchise no good, and who’s to say the kid QB is going to pan out anyway).

The Cowboys- McCarthy isn’t going anywhere. Jones would look like a bigger horse’s patute than he already is if he gives up on the current coach after sticking with the previous coach for too long.

The Lions- perhaps the worst franchise in the sport. Who’d want that aggravation?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I doubt he’d be interested in the Falcons- an aging QB who will be remembered for helping his team give away a Super Bowl.

The Jets- interesting. I figure they’re going to wipe the slate clean in both the player personnel and coaching departments, and they’ll likely get the chance to pick the
“can’t miss” QB (I still think they should give Darnold another chance- picking a QB after every bad season has done the franchise no good, and who’s to say the kid QB is going to pan out anyway).

The Cowboys- McCarthy isn’t going anywhere. Jones would look like a bigger horse’s patute than he already is if he gives up on the current coach after sticking with the previous coach for too long.

The Lions- perhaps the worst franchise in the sport. Who’d want that aggravation?
I think their GM is safe as he had only one draft so far. As to Gase, he should be gone, but we're talking about the Jets.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Harbaugh did take the 49ers to the Super Bowl. I would think he would still be in demand in the NFL, even after a six year failure at Michigan.

As for McCarthy, I think the big difference between his and Garrett's situation is that there have been several reports of players being very disgruntled with McCarthy, while Garrett was well-liked. Jones may decide to move on quickly this time.

I forgot about Houston -- a team with a young dynamic QB, a superstar defensive end who seems to be breaking down physically, and not much else.

The sad thing about the Lions is that if both the coach and GM get canned, there is absolutely no one in the organization capable of hiring replacements.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Watching a recap of yesterday's games earlier this morning. What a fantastic play at the end of the game yesterday between Murray and Hopkins. Just another stinging reminder of the damage that moron O'Brien did to the Houston Texans with that ill-advised trade. How he could trade away Hopkins still boggles the mind. What a jack-ass.

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So does Belichick also control the weather at Gillette Stadium? The weather got progressively worse all through the game until it turned into a full-blown tropical storm in the last few minutes, then promptly ended shortly after the game clock hit zeros.

Perfect timing that pretty much put the kibosh on any last-minute Lamar Jackson heroics to win the game for the Ravens.

1605544882777.png

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
So does Belichick also control the weather at Gillette Stadium? The weather got progressively worse all through the game until it turned into a full-blown tropical storm in the last few minutes, then promptly ended shortly after the game clock hit zeros.

Perfect timing that pretty much put the kibosh on any last-minute Lamar Jackson heroics to win the game for the Ravens.

View attachment 81971
Evil genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks