2020-2021 NFL Season

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David Norman

Premium
What can the Falcons do to top this and come up with some other new way to lose a game? How many different ways can they come up with to blow the game in teh last minute of the game.
I guess they screwed up and scored a TD to lose the game instead of doing it by missing an 18 yard FG.

Cam Newton reverting to the Cam we've seen for the last 4 years. What an awful game

I got so tied up with the World Series I forgot to check back with the Seattle game. Flipped back and it was a 10 point lead late int eh 4th quarter. I was shocked to check the score just now and find the Cards came back and won in OT

Reactions: Reggie W

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
With all that talent at the skills positions, the Cowboys are still awful. While losing Prescott certainly hurts, that offensive line is terrible, as is the defense.
And Dalton is a downgrade from Prescott. While I don’t think Dak is, or ever will be an elite QB, Andy is nothing more than an average QB who goes down the drain once the playoffs start.

Last edited:
  • Agreed
Reactions: Scott Merryfield

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What can the Falcons do to top this and come up with some other new way to lose a game? How many different ways can they come up with to blow the game in teh last minute of the game.
I guess they screwed up and scored a TD to lose the game instead of doing it by missing an 18 yard FG.
1603729351868.png
1603729375802.png

1603729608130.png

Poor Arthur Blank. :D He should just stay home in bed on Sundays and watch a good movie.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When you've got two of the most Stooge-like teams in the NFL playing each other, you knew they'd have to come up with something bizarre. :D I'm just amazed that Detroit didn't miss the extra point so it could end in a tie.

• Haha

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When you've got two of the most Stooge-like teams in the NFL playing each other, you knew they'd have to come up with something bizarre. :D I'm just amazed that Detroit didn't miss the extra point so it could end in a tie.
Was this the game with a 48 yard extra point?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
End in a tie? Would have gone to OT and pretty much everyone would have turned off their TV sets.

I heard a radio personality sum it up for me by pointing out the Falcons may be the first team in NFL history to ever score a game-losing TD!

• Haha
Reactions: Johnny Angell

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
End in a tie? Would have gone to OT and pretty much everyone would have turned off their TV sets.

I heard a radio personality sum it up for me by pointing out the Falcons may be the first team in NFL history to ever score a game-losing TD!
It happened in the Indiana - Penn State game this past Saturday. Instead of taking a knee, which would have allowed PSU to run out the clock, the PSU running back trotted into the end zone for a TD, giving PSU an 8 point lead. Indiana drove down the field quickly to score a TD, converted the two point attempt, and then won in overtime. A really dumb play by the PSU running back, and poor coaching, too. The players should have been told the situation and been reminded not to score.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
In this case I give the player a pass. Only the coach is being paid.
I don’t think that’s relevant when they are playing and performing in a football game.

They still have to make the right play.

I was talking about that penn state game with my wife.

We don’t know what happened but if the coach didn’t tell the players to take a knee and not to score then blame goes to the coach.

If they did tell the players then the player should have followed the coaches decision.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
If they did tell the players then the player should have followed the coaches decision.
Agreed. Anyone can make a bonehead mistake though, especially under pressure. When you're a professional, being paid VERY well and not encumbered with a class load, I am less forgiving.

Reactions: TonyD

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
After yesterday's embarrassing loss to Michigan State, I am ready for Jim Harbaugh to return to the NFL. This Michigan fan was excited when he was hired, but this is his sixth season in Ann Arbor, and the team is no better than when he arrived.

Yesterday Michigan lost to a Spartans team that clearly had less talent. Michigan was unprepared and outcoached. The two straight wildcat plays inside the Spartan five yard line were the stupidest play calls I've seen in a long time. Michigan has a 6'5" mobile QB, so why would you take him out for a running back who cannot throw, and then run the ball up the middle where they had been unsuccessful all game? On the 2nd wildcat play, they attempted a pass -- the receiver was wide open, but the pathetic arm of the RB resulted in a knocked down pass. Those four potential points left on the field by settling for a FG would have come in handy in a game decided by 3 points.

Other issues from yesterday's game was a defense that refused to adjust and help protect their young cornerbacks, instead leaving them on an island in man to man coverage for the entire game when they obviously couldn't handle the coverage. Also, they continued to attempt to run inside unsuccessfully instead of leveraging their big speed advantage and getting the ball in space to their playmakers.

This will be another season without beating Ohio State, without a Big Ten title, and without a trip to the college football playoffs. While Harbaugh seemed like the perfect hire six years ago, in reality he has failed to deliver anything but disappointment.

It's time for both sides to move on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
After yesterday's embarrassing loss to Michigan State, I am ready for Jim Harbaugh to return to the NFL. This Michigan fan was excited when he was hired, but this is his sixth season in Ann Arbor, and the team is no better than when he arrived.

Yesterday Michigan lost to a Spartans team that clearly had less talent. Michigan was unprepared and outcoached. The two straight wildcat plays inside the Spartan five yard line were the stupidest play calls I've seen in a long time. Michigan has a 6'5" mobile QB, so why would you take him out for a running back who cannot throw, and then run the ball up the middle where they had been unsuccessful all game? On the 2nd wildcat play, they attempted a pass -- the receiver was wide open, but the pathetic arm of the RB resulted in a knocked down pass. Those four potential points left on the field by settling for a FG would have come in handy in a game decided by 3 points.

Other issues from yesterday's game was a defense that refused to adjust and help protect their young cornerbacks, instead leaving them on an island in man to man coverage for the entire game when they obviously couldn't handle the coverage. Also, they continued to attempt to run inside unsuccessfully instead of leveraging their big speed advantage and getting the ball in space to their playmakers.

This will be another season without beating Ohio State, without a Big Ten title, and without a trip to the college football playoffs. While Harbaugh seemed like the perfect hire six years ago, in reality he has failed to deliver anything but disappointment.

It's time for both sides to move on.
Yeah, I'm hearing grumblings from others about MIchigan and Harbaugh. Let's be honest, he's not as good of a HC as his brother. He appears to be more arrogant than John, who had to work himself up the coaching chain to be a HC.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm hearing grumblings from others about MIchigan and Harbaugh. Let's be honest, he's not as good of a HC as his brother. He appears to be more arrogant than John, who had to work himself up the coaching chain to be a HC.
Speaking of Jim Harbaugh's wiser and less athletically-talented older brother, he and Mike Tomlin matched wits in a very entertaining and well-coached game today. Harbaugh's Ravens shut down the Steelers offense completely in a very dominant first half. The second half was much more even, and the difference was Baltimore committed some key turnovers and critical penalties, while Pittsburgh avoided the big mistakes.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Speaking of Jim Harbaugh's wiser and less athletically-talented older brother, he and Mike Tomlin matched wits in a very entertaining and well-coached game today. Harbaugh's Ravens shut down the Steelers offense completely in a very dominant first half. The second half was much more even, and the difference was Baltimore committed some key turnovers and critical penalties, while Pittsburgh avoided the big mistakes.
And there was an issue about restoring time to the clock while the Ravens has the ball with seconds to go. No time was added back, when it appeared that adding time back was the correct thing to do.

Reactions: ChristopherG

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
And there was an issue about restoring time to the clock while the Ravens has the ball with seconds to go. No time was added back, when it appeared that adding time back was the correct thing to do.
I think the rule is rather vague in that particular circumstance. It depends on when the injured player was noticed and the officials would have normally stopped the clock. A bigger issue was Ravens running back J.K. Dobbins fighting for a couple of extra yards instead of getting out of bounds. It was a rookie mistake.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niloc