What's new

2020-2021 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which team will win more games and have the most success this season?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We'll see. Mahomes likes to do a lot of his own running. If Bell's feelings get hurt and he doesn't feel he's being utilized properly, I foresee more passive-aggressive tweeting in his future.
I think Mahomes likes to throw to open receivers more which Bell is good in the passing game.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
He just signed with the Chiefs and I expect him to behave himself as he's now with one of the best organizations in the NFL with perhaps the best QB. He could be very useful to Maholmes.
If he can't get along with Andy Reid and be happy in that offense, then he will not work out anywhere. It was probably the best landing spot for Bell. KC can use him, too, as their rookie running back hasn't been great in all situations. It's a low risk move with a potential big payoff for the Chiefs.

From a purely "on the field football" viewpoint, Pittsburgh was probably the only other team where he would have fit nearly as well. However, there is no way the Steelers would have brought him back after the way he left the team.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Another day of crappy games being offered up here by the networks. At 1pm we only get the Lions - Jaguars on Fox. At 4pm, CBS is showing Miami and the Jets, while Fox shows Green Bay vs. Tampa Bay. Why offer such a crappy 4pm game on CBS? Even opposite the Lions, there are several 1pm games that would draw more viewers than Dolphins vs. Jets --- especially when shown opposite the Packers and Bucs.

My TV sets will be off at 1pm, and I'll follow the Steelers - Browns game on my phone instead.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There are only two late games today.
Not sure how that happened.

Chiefs/Bills was probably the other late game.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
There are only two late games today.
Not sure how that happened.

Chiefs/Bills was probably the other late game.
Should have considered moving one of the 1pm games to 4pm. With so few (if any) fans attending, it's not that big of a deal. CBS is certainly not treating that 4pm Dolphins - Jets game as their "Game of the Week". Their top broadcasting team of Nantz and Romo is doing the Steelers - Browns game.

BTW, the Steelers are putting a hurt on the Browns. They chased Mayfield from the game (Keenum came in at the end of the 3rd quarter), and are completely dominating all aspects. The only downer is that Devin Bush left the game with a knee injury. Hopefully it's not too serious. Cleveland has not won a game in Pittsburgh since 2003.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At 4pm, CBS is showing Miami and the Jets, while Fox shows Green Bay vs. Tampa Bay. Why offer such a crappy 4pm game on CBS?
We don't have a 4pm game on CBS here, so apparently it's not a nationwide broadcast. Our 4pm game is on Fox, Packers at Bucs.

Glad to see the Steelers take it to the Browns. Some normalcy remains for the times we live in. :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Raiders/Bucs game has been moved from Sunday night to Sunday afternoon due to some Raiders testing positive. This way they can easily postponed that Sunday afternoon game and move it again.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I wouldn't count on a lot of players, but that's why they keep giving such players a chance. If Brown causes any issues then they simply release him.
I bet Tampa will have a little more tolerance than Belichick did- they’ll likely give Brown a bit more leash, considering this may be their last shot to do anything for a while.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bet Tampa will have a little more tolerance than Belichick did- they’ll likely give Brown a bit more leash, considering this may be their last shot to do anything for a while.
I seriously doubt that as I think it was a prerequisite for his employment.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
He wasn’t cut from the patriots for on the field or team related behavior.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Steelers tried hard to blow their lead today, but the Titans' kicker bailed them out. Rothleisberger's interceptions almost cost them the game. He tried to force two passes into spots he had no business trying, and it cost them two possible feld goals. That, along with some killer penalties, kept Tennessee in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks