What's new

2019 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I was surprised that the Astros went into the toilet after Verlander gave up the HR in the 7th.
Their relief pitching got smoked after that HR. Sure looks like the Astros are toast now. The Nationals stadium will be rocking tomorrow night.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Washington's halfway there-- two more, and the D.C. area has its first title!
Yes the Capitals won the cup in 2018, and it sure looks like the Nationals will deliver the first World Series championship to the city in 95 years. Unfortunately for D.C. fans the Redskins and Wizards seem to be lost causes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes the Capitals won the cup in 2018, and it sure looks like the Nationals will deliver the first World Series championship to the city in 95 years. Unfortunately for D.C. fans the Redskins and Wizards seem to be lost causes.
I think you’re being premature about the Nationals. Houston is still in this series as it’s not beyond reason that the Astros won’t be closed out in D.C.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I think you’re being premature about the Nationals. Houston is still in this series as it’s not beyond reason that the Astros won’t be closed out in D.C.
I’d be surprised if the series goes back to Houston- they’re not hitting, the Nats have a tidal wave of momentum, and that stadium’s atmosphere will be insane throughout games 3-5.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yep -- been there, done that with the last team that won the first 2 on the road.

4-0-, 12-1 in G1/2 in NYC going home promptly to see Glavine, Neagle, Smoltz, and Maddux all go down.

The Astros are a streaky team and if they get rolling could easily do the same, but they are going to have to score some runs outside the 1st inning. They've scored 6 runs in innings 2-9+ in the last 4 games.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
If you had told me, before the series started that the Nationals would take games from Cole and Verlander to start the WS; I would have had a hard time believing you. It isn't over until it is over, but it sure isn't looking good right now. I do agree with David that the 'stros can be a streaky team. They'll go on a tear and then get swept in a series the next week.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you had told me, before the series started that the Nationals would take games from Cole and Verlander to start the WS; I would have had a hard time believing you. It isn't over until it is over, but it sure isn't looking good right now. I do agree with David that the 'stros can be a streaky team. They'll go on a tear and then get swept in a series the next week.

- Walter.
Right, as a Yankee fan I was surprised they came back in that WS. I thought they were in trouble and most Yankee fans probably thought so too. Anything can happen as baseball is unique because each game is different because you change starting pitchers each game. With that said, if the Nationals win tomorrow night then the Astros are in serious trouble because unlike the Yankees against the Red Sox in 2004 ACLS, the Nationals have elite starting pitching.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Way to go, Brian Cashman. Sign Aaron Hicks to a big seven year extension and now he's going to miss the first year of that fat contract due to TJ surgery.

I guess Cashman is too in love with big contract injured outfielders who miss full seasons or near-seasons to ever think of addressing pitching needs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
New managers are being reported today. Girardi to the Phillies. Jayce Tingler to the Padres and Ross has officially been announced by the Cubs.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
The Nationals winning is the first good news I've heard out of Washington in several years!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Girardi will have a better working relationship with the Philly media than Kapler had (Joe already has experience with a tough and critical
media), but players make the manager, so the Phils brass will need to get him better pitching
to make his job a little less stressful.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Any news on who the giants are considering??

mets are taking their time to find the right fit.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Astros bench coach Espada interviewed yesterday, and Kapler is a rumor too.

I’m already seeing articles that the Mets have lost out already by not hiring Girardi.

I’m sure the Mets will end up with a good manager. Honestly I feel the Mets biggest challenge every year has been player health.
Well and last year their horrible bullpen.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
IMO, the Mets main issue is bad ownership. Furthermore, they have a former agent as GM and it remains to be seen whether he knows what he's doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.