What's new

2019 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Who’s going to be manager of the year- Francona, or Boone? Both worthy candidates, with no real competition from others this year in the AL.

Brett Gardner got tossed for banging his bat on the dugout roof today. Is this action a disciplinary offense, according to the rule book,
or is this another case of an umpire running amok?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’d say umpire.

At most an equipment fine.

Have to go look at the clip though.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Phillies lost a couple of pitchers for the year. The Yankees just placed their 28th different player on the DL.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
And Roman Quinn took his usual 3-4 times a season spot on the IL.
That guy is one of the fastest players I’ve ever seen but doesn’t go much more then a month before being IL’d.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Phils bats have cooled off the last couple of games. Bryce left today’s game due to dehydration. Phils need a run to extend this game.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Dodgers bats were hot on Tuesday when I attended the Dodgers/Blue Jays game. Dodgers had 5 home runs, all from different players, the Jays had three from two players. I saw 8 home runs, 5 doubles and 4 double plays. Dodgers won 16 - 3. I also saw Cody Bellinger lose his pants. We also had two players return from the injured list, Kiké Hernandez and Chris Taylor. Kiké was great on defense and Chris had 3 hits including a home run and a walk with 4 RBI's. Welcome back!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Dodgers bats were hot on Tuesday when I attended the Dodgers/Blue Jays game. Dodgers had 5 home runs, all from different players, the Jays had three from two players. I saw 8 home runs, 5 doubles and 4 double plays. Dodgers won 16 - 3. I also saw Cody Bellinger lose his pants. We also had two players return from the injured list, Kiké Hernandez and Chris Taylor. Kiké was great on defense and Chris had 3 hits including a home run and a walk with 4 RBI's. Welcome back!
Amazing how many walk-off wins the Dodgers have this year (I think last night is their 12th). If their bullpen was more reliable, they’d crush any team in the NL to advance to their 3rd straight World Series. You still have to consider them close to a lock to make it back at this point.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
The Yankees are coming to town (L.A.) today (Players Weekend) with the Dodgers having swept the Blue Jays three in a row and Oakland A's having swept the Yankees three in a row. What does it all mean? Heh! Should be three sell outs!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Terrible loss by the Phils last night- their bad pitching got torched by the worst hitting team in the NL, and the Phils have now lost 6 of their last 7 vs. the bad Marlins. How can Professor Positive spin this garbage? Seems that the Phils are done this year.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Ugly loss for the Dodgers last night. Our Cy Young candidate pitcher, Ryu, who hadn't had a loss at home all season and in 77 1/2 innings had only given up 7 runs, gave up 7 in less than 5 innings and a grand slam to boot! Ugh. P.S.; IMO, the Players weekend uniforms this year are ugly.

Right now it's 2-1 Dodgers in the bottom of the 8th on a very hot day down on the field.

EDIT TO ADD: A crazy top of the 9th, ending up with the bases loaded, a review play at 2nd going against the Dodgers and then our sometimes (lately) wobbly closer Kenley Jansen striking out the last two batters (one of whom was Gary Sanchez) for the Dodger win 2-1.

Whew!

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Frustration in Philly. Did nobody inform Sean Rodriguez that the fans in CBP (and in Veterans Stadium, Connie Mack Stadium, and since day 1 in baseball in that town) hold athletes accountable? I don’t know, but I hope the fans roasted him when he came to bat last night. I know Hoskins was booed when he didn’t catch the relay throw in the 9th to contribute to the loss. Hoskins stinks these days, and Professor Positive needs to sit him for a couple of games.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Rodriguez WAS booed last night first AB.
Then the founds soundly cheered when he was hit by a pitch.
Hoskins has been epically bad.
Captain Kapler will not give him a day off and will undoubtedly continue to bat him first.

It’s so ironic for a ML baseball player to call the fans of a team in Phila entitled.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Congrats Pete Alonso on his Mets record.

Did the Mets overspend on Marcus Stroman?

He has not been great.

How is Vargas pitching for the Phillies?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Vargas has been a nice surprise.

Has kept the Phils in just about every game he’s pitched.

His stats show he is 0-1 with a plus 4 era but that’s not indicative of what he’s done.

He has only given up 3 HRs in 29 innings and for a philly that’s a huge accomplishment

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Rodriguez WAS booed last night first AB.
Then the founds soundly cheered when he was hit by a pitch.
Hoskins has been epically bad.
Captain Kapler will not give him a day off and will undoubtedly continue to bat him first.

It’s so ironic for a ML baseball player to call the fans of a team in Phila entitled.
Glad to hear Rodriguez was booed. Did he REALLY think his comments would make the fans stop booing? Nope- he just made things worse for himself in Philly.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Will McCutchen be ready early next year to be the Phils leadoff hitter? Let’s hope so- Harper,
Hoskins and others on the team aren’t leadoff hitters. We know that they need to upgrade the pitching staff for next year too- the starters and relievers aren’t good enough.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm sorry, but too many fans are assholes and that applies to every fanbase. I never understood the logic of booing your own players.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Players deserve to be booed when they’re not hustling, but otherwise I kind of agree with you
that if a player is obviously trying, or trying too hard, it’s unfair to boo poor performance. Whether booing is right or wrong, fair or unfair, some clueless athletes have to realize that criticism and unrealistic expectations is a part of their job and their comfortable paychecks- my take.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.