What's new

2019 I Love Lucy Christmas Plus Another Colorized Episode (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I just looked and the only way to watch it is on all access through cbs. I didn’t realize that all of cbs content is now locked down behind the all access streaming platform. Wow!!

https://www.cbs.com/shows/holiday_c...ds-a-newly-colorized-episode-for-2019-on-cbs/

https://www.cbs.com/shows/holiday_c...p906czkL/i-love-lucy-christmas-special-2019-/

I guess it depends on what cable service you have , if any. I was able to watch the I Love Lucy special for free on Verizon Fios CBS On Demand . It was available for a week or two after broadcast. I wasn't home when it was broadcast and didn't think to set my DVR.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Some shows even become known for their holiday episodes.

If I recall correctly, almost every episode of one season of Raising Hope was a holiday episode, including Easter, rarely seen, and things like Arbor Day.

"Paris at Last" was not the Paris episode I thought it was.

Yeah, I thought it was a different episode, too. The one they aired isn't one of my favorites, though my friend thought it was in terms of being colorized.

I bought the 16 episode colorized collection this year. I noticed they haven't colorized any of the Connecticut episodes.

So, two questions:

What episode of I Love Lucy would you like to see colorized? My answer here:
I'd like to see the Season 1, Episode 39 colorized. "Ricky Asks for a Raise." It features Lucy, Ethel and Fred dressed up as various patrons to show the club manager why he shouldn't have let Ricky go. One of my favorites. It even features Fred in drag!

People always ask what fans favorite episodes are. What is your least favorite episode? My answer here:
I can find amusement in almost any episode of I Love Lucy and watch it again and again, but I just really dislike the episode "Lucy Goes to Scotland." Colorized or not!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The next Paris episode "Lucy Wants a Paris Gown" would look nice colorized. I also think that episode where Lucy wants to be on TV with a husband and wife breakfast show for Phipps Department Store is also hilarious and would be fun to see in color.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've read no announcements, but if I had to guess, I'd say that we'll only get a rerun of one of the prior year's offerings. Maybe next year when things get back closer to normal.

Jay_Z_525

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
“The Freezer” has been colorized. It was worked on last year about the same time as “Paris at Last”.

I’d guess that’s what we can expect this year, just surprised we haven’t had an announcement yet.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for the posts.

Please update if anyone sees an airing time for December.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Does not appear that there will be a Christmas special in 2021. Here is a promo from a prior special that I thought was well done.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Was there any rumors on I Love Lucy complete series coming to Blu-ray?

I saw the news on Hogans Heroes and was hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks