2019-2020 NFL Season

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
An article on NFL.com about the PI/no PI challenges aren’t expected to be a part of
the 2020 season. Good. The league botched this experiment- obvious missed calls weren’t getting corrected, and stuff that should have been let go was getting overturned. The best way for the NFL to correct egregious mistakes is
have the eye in the sky.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer
Reaction score
An article on NFL.com about the PI/no PI challenges aren’t expecting to be a part of
the 2020 season. Good. The league botched this experiment- obvious missed calls weren’t getting corrected, and stuff that should have been let go was getting overturned. The best way for the NFL to correct egregious mistakes is
have the eye in the sky.
Yes, the pass interference challenge as implemented last season was a disaster. It seemed as if the officials intentionally sabotaged the rule, as there was no rhyme or reason to the way they handled it. I agree it's time for an official off the field to make the review calls -- similar to how the NCAA does things (and the NHL, as well).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
How many QBs at the end of their careers won a title with a new team?
Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos, is a recent example. I think he's probably the only one, though.

There are a number that have had success with new teams, reaching the SB or playoffs though not winning it all: Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Joe Montana, and probably a few others I can't recall.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos, is a recent example. I think he's probably the only one, though.
In Manning's case, though, he was just along for the ride with a great defense. Peyton was a shadow of his former self that season. The Bucs do not have that kind of a defense for Brady to rely on.

Reactions: Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
In Manning's case, though, he was just along for the ride with a great defense. Peyton was a shadow of his former self that season. The Bucs do not have that kind of a defense for Brady to rely on.
We must not forget that Brady was practically guaranteed a division championship every year- it ain’t going to be that easy in the NFC South
(the Saints should still be considered the favorite to win the division this year).

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
How many QBs at the end of their careers won a title with a new team?
Well, I mean I don't really expect Brady will get back to the Super Bowl with the Buccaneers but I'm certain he will do his best to make a run at it. I think they are counting on the idea that Brady will throw far less interceptions than Winston did and that will turn into another 4 or 5 wins for Tampa which would make them maybe an 11-5 or 12-4 team...that's playoffs and in the hunt for the division if they do that.

Vegas I think has Tampa at 20-1 to win the Super Bowl, which is better odds than they are giving the Patriots who I think they have at 22-1 or something. Now, that's all relative and honestly I think giving the Patriots 22-1 is impressive considering they have basically nobody of note playing QB. Either Stidham is a huge surprise or they will be dreadful on offense. Hoyer won't be getting it done if he has to step in.

I'd like to see Tampa be competitive and get into the playoffs with Brady, that would be fun.

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
We must not forget that Brady was practically guaranteed a division championship every year- it ain’t going to be that easy in the NFC South
(the Saints should still be considered the favorite to win the division this year).
Yes, the Saints should be the favorite entering the season to win the South. The experts and pundits will likely hype the crap out of Tampa as the season approaches though same as some of them were predicting that Baker and the Browns were going to be contenders.

Speaking of which did you guys see the insane story about Baker hooking up with women on Snap Chat to get them to meet him and give him blowjobs? Including one woman who's last name was Dingess of all things? Prompting the headline "Baker's dirty Dingess!"

:lol:

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Yes, the Saints should be the favorite entering the season to win the South. The experts and pundits will likely hype the crap out of Tampa as the season approaches though same as some of them were predicting that Baker and the Browns were going to be contenders.

Speaking of which did you guys see the insane story about Baker hooking up with women on Snap Chat to get them to meet him and give him blowjobs? Including one woman who's last name was Dingess of all things? Prompting the headline "Baker's dirty Dingess!"

:lol:
Yikes! If there’s any truth to this, the Browns need to drop him like a bad habit (way too immature to be the face of a franchise).

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yikes! If there’s any truth to this, the Browns need to drop him like a bad habit (way too immature to be the face of a franchise).
The women met him by choice, generally in parking lots, and Baker was looking just for blowjobs. The Dingess woman met him behind the Cheesecake Factory...which is also sort of funny. No money exchanged or anything so no laws broken. He won't likely get any discipline at all except maybe from his wife but indications are they have an "open marriage" so probably not even there. Ms. Dingess has all the proof, which was also on the internet, including photos of Mayfield's junk so it happened. Of course when she came out so have other women. Thus far nobody seems disturbed by it none of the women are complaining and say they did it for kicks so...I honestly think nothing comes of it.

The most alarming thing, or impressive thing depending on how you look at it, is he had more than 50,000 Snap Chats with women which means...well...it means he probably hardly ever pulls his pants up when he is not on the football field. This and there are an awful lot of photos of Baker's ding-a-ling floating around.

The Browns could blame his poor play on this I guess as he was more focused on his next Snap Chat conquest than his playbook perhaps. Since the coach and guy in charge of choosing players have all changed in Cleveland, it is possible that they could trade him if he has another lousy season. And you know who loves Mayfield and needs a QB...Josh McDaniels in New England and we know Bob Kraft has nothing against a guy getting a blowjob from a stranger.

Johnny Angell

Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer
Reaction score
The Rams dealt Brandin Cooks to the Texans for a swap of draft choices (got a 2nd rounder for a fourth), in a trade that went under the radar several days ago. While I am not surprised LA moved him due to Cook's contract and the Rams salary cap issues, it is still rather surprising how much this guy has bounced around the league, considering his talent and no reported locker room or off field issues. He's only 26 years old, and will be playing for his fourth team already.

Even being passed around from team to team, Cooks ranks 7th in receiving yards through a player's age 26 season.

01 - Randy Moss - 8375 (96 games played)
02 - DeAndre Hopkins - 7437 (95)
03 - Mike Evans - 7262 (90)
04 - Larry Fitzgerald - 7067 (92)
05 - Julio Jones - 6201 (65)
06 - Calvin Johnson - 5872 (76)
07 - Brandin Cooks - 5730 (88)
08 - Lance Alworth - 5651 (57)
09 - Michael Thomas - 5512 (63)
10 - Odell Beckham - 5476 (59)

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't think I have ever looked forward to an NFL draft like I am for this one. It will be the first and only sports related viewing I have done during lock down plus it should be a fairly interesting Round 1 and 2. There are several intriguing QB prospects in this draft which is always fun plus with Tua being a player that both interests people and makes them very nervous he's got a lot of people wondering when and where he will get picked.

Johnny Angell

Reaction score
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The draft will be a strange occurrence without a live audience.

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The draft will be a strange occurrence without a live audience.
Well, it will be interesting how they have everybody on individual cameras and Goodell announcing picks from his basement. One of the things I always thought was fun was how Goodell hugs everybody and depending on the size of the man he is hugging and how aggressive the man is those could get somewhat amusing. I recall a few guys actually lifting Goodell right off the ground and one hilariously swung him around a bit. Kind of fun watching Goodell's feet just dangling in the air. :lol:

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technocratshorizons