What's new

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Has there ever been a quieter player to reach a milestone than Frank Gore? He passed Barry Sanders for third all-time on the career rushing yards list. Who would have ever guessed he was that high on the list?

So, did Carolina even let their kicker on the plane for the return trip to Charlotte? Two missed extra points (forcing another failed two point conversion) and a missed chip shot field goal with less than two minutes left means the Panthers should be holding tryouts for placekickers tomorrow.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The problem is who are they going to try out?

Bears, Patriots, and Lions have already tried out a bunch of prospects and even the Patriots couldn't really find a better than mediocre solution. Most of the kickers that end up on one team or another are just somebody else's rejects. It's like last year when the Vikings canned Daniel Carlson after missing 4 FG in the first 2 games so they panicked. Carlson was a rookie who set pretty much every record in teh SEC for kicking, kicking accuracy, % over 50 yds. Minnesota signed Dan Bailey who was released from the Cowboys

Raiders signed Carlson

Since the switch
Bailey 36-45 FG 60-63XP Long 52
Carlson 26-30 FG 45-46 XP Long 50

One of the guys Carlson replaced in Oak was Mike Nugent who was signed by Patriots first and then released and replaced by the current kicker Nick Folk (who was released from both the Jets and Tampa in most recently) who missed 2 big kicks today which looked exactly like the 3 that the Panthers kicker missed (sliced outside the right goalpost). Admittedly the condition in NE were pretty brutal.

I swear there are 40 kickers that just rotate teams. If not for a few 47yo that retire or people who get hurt like Gostkowski and Gano you'd never see anyone new. Surely now that the CFL finishing today, maybe there's someone there who can kick it straight and isn;t forbidden from signing in the US. .

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kicking across the league is mostly awful this year, with the exception of a few that can probably be counted on one hand. Justin Tucker (Ravens) would probably top the very short list.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Goodell should make this announcement next spring-

“With the 2nd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Washington Redskins waste their pick by selecting.....”

What Haskins did at the end of yesterday’s game was unprofessional and unacceptable behavior. Clown.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Eagles and Rams really needed to win this weekend by beating good teams at home to stay in playoff contention, and both teams came up woefully short. I know some are breaking their ankles jumping off the Wentz bandwagon, but the Eagles offensive line is banged up, and they have no WRs. Rams fans should be concerned- the team has put all its eggs in the Goff basket, and he looks to be not as good as Wentz.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Goodell should make this announcement next spring-

“With the 2nd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Washington Redskins waste their pick by selecting.....”

What Haskins did at the end of yesterday’s game was unprofessional and unacceptable behavior. Clown.

Have to put at least some of that on the coaching staff and the lack of discipline on the team. While they are not babysitting they should be working to keep players focused on their responsibilities until the end of the game.

The Redskins won but Haskins did perform fairly poorly in the game. Not much to be celebrating there.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Eagles and Rams really needed to win this weekend by beating good teams at home to stay in playoff contention, and both teams came up woefully short. I know some are breaking their ankles jumping off the Wentz bandwagon, but the Eagles offensive line is banged up, and they have no WRs. Rams fans should be concerned- the team has put all its eggs in the Goff basket, and he looks to be not as good as Wentz.
I watched last night's game and the Ravens beat the hell out of the Rams in every facet of the game. Goff wasn't good, but, they have problems throughout that team as the Ravens had the ball 40 out of 60 minutes of that game.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I watched last night's game and the Ravens beat the hell out of the Rams in every facet of the game. Goff wasn't good, but, they have problems throughout that team as the Ravens had the ball 40 out of 60 minutes of that game.

It was a slaughter, the Rams were not even competitive. The NFL has to hate this. At this stage I think the Ravens may be the favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl and maybe to win it. They look great.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Belichick delivered a beat-down on the Rams in the last SB from which they've never recovered. They are a shell of their former selves from last season. Last night's game was a joke.

Though the Ravens must feel good that they've now beaten both of last year's SB contenders.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yeah, the Rams look like a far cry from the team that went to the Super Bowl last season. Even if they sneak in as a wild card in the NFC, they should get bounced out quickly.

The Ravens continue to look very good. It's amazing how they have built that offense around Jackson. You do have to wonder how long Lamar can stay healthy, though. Mobile quarterbacks take a beating in this league.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Congrats to the Lions for wrapping up last place in the NFC North, and once again giving America indigestion on Thanksgiving.

On a much nicer note, CBS had a very heartwarming piece by Jim Kelly before the Dallas - Buffalo game. If you missed it, hopefully it's out there on YouTube.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You have to wonder what dirt Jason Garrett has on Jerry Jones to keep his job this long. Meanwhile, Buffalo looks pretty good.
Garrett might not be a good HC, but, in fairness to him; I don’t think he chooses his assistant coaches nor does he have much say on his player roster. The main problem with the Cowboys starts at the top. Fix that then you can fix your coaching and roster issues.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Garrett might not be a good HC, but, in fairness to him; I don’t think he chooses his assistant coaches nor does he have much say on his player roster. The main problem with the Cowboys starts at the top. Fix that then you can fix your coaching and roster issues.
Oh, I agree. However, Jones does not strike me as a patient person, yet he continues to bring Garrett back year after year after year.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I add the Eagles to the Seahawks as the luckiest teams in the league- if the Eagles run the table, they’ll win the NFC East.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Man, I'm glad DirecTV gave me the Sunday Ticket for free the rest of the season. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to see that San Francisco vs. Baltimore game at 1:00 p.m. No offense to Browns vs Steelers or Packers vs Giants games on my local stations at 1:00 p.m.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks