1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

2019-2020 NFL Season

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Reggie W, Jul 30, 2019.

?

What team will be a surprise success this season?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2019.
  1. Cleveland Browns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Los Angeles Chargers

42.9%
  3. Chicago Bears

14.3%
  4. Indianapolis Colts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Baltimore Ravens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Atlanta Falcons

42.9%
  8. Oakland Raiders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    About time DirecTV/AT&T did something for me considering how much money they get from me on a monthly basis with their Premium package along with internet and land base and cell phones.:) The Giants are still a dumpster fire while my Raiders show some promise, but, I suspect they're still some players away from being a playoff team.

[​IMG]
    This calls for a mid-season celebration. As one of our most valued customers, we’ve hooked you up with the remaining season of 2019 NFL SUNDAY TICKET!* Only DIRECTV® can bring you every live out-of-market game, every Sunday, from start to finish—no matter where you live (select international games excluded). So enjoy NFL SUNDAY TICKET every week, the way you want:

[​IMG]

2. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    The bastards. After 20 years with them, they basically said don’t let the door hit you on the way out. After I went thru the door, then they change their minds. I’m glad they treated you better then me.

3. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Rudolph has been unimpressive in pretty much all his appearances since Big Ben went down, and he was downright terrible against the Browns. Pittsburgh has their answer to the question of whether Rudolph can be their QB of the future - - it's a resounding NO.

If Ben is not back next season, the Steelers need make a major play for one of the free agent QBs - - Newton, Rivers or Brady. They do not have a first round draft pick for the first time since the 1960's, so there will be no help there. Newton is probably the most likely candidate to sign, but he would also be the riskiest. Newton's body seems to be breaking down quickly from all the hits he has taken.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Tua suffered a bad injury today with a dislocated hip and another injury. I hope his NFL career isn't in jeopardy. Either way, his Alabama career is over.

5. Scott Merryfield

Yes, that is too bad about Tua. The injury looked bad - - probably season-ending, at least. Hopefully he is healed by the draft, or it could cost him some serious money.

6. Robert Crawford

Robert
    If could be really bad based on further updates. Dislocating his hip and having a posterior wall fracture sounds really bad as I hope it doesn't impact his NFL career.

[​IMG]

Aaron Suttles
    @AaronSuttles

Breaking News: Tua Tagovailoa is out for the season with a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture, a person with knowledge of the situation tells me.

7. Scott Merryfield

That sounds bad. You hate to see things like this happen to young athletes.

8. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Watching the Ravens - Texans game today I am now convinced that the NFL Administrators have sent out a note 100% forbidding the replay officials from changing pass Interference calls on the field. This non call on Hopkins in the end zone was far more blatant than the non-call in hte Playoff game that started the whole thing. The disgust in the Television booth among announcers and the Ex-Referee was palpable. The overturn rate is around 10% for the year, but I'm not sure a single call in the last 6 weeks has been changed

It is beyond obvious that they aren't going to change calls so the Coaches just need to stop wasting time outs. The league should just eliminate the rule in mid season and save them time and energy and further derision

I have no dog in this fight -- I'm not close to a fan of either team, I don't bet on sporting events, and don't play fantasy football in any form.

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Al Riveron is an ineffectual clown. The NFL needs to get rid of him. Officiating has been in a continuous downward spiral ever since he took over from Dean Blandino.

The League's head office should be embarassed that the low quality of officiating is a topic of conversation every week by all the announcers and talking heads. They can fine the players and teams, but the only way to stop the other conversations is to dump Riveron.

10. David Norman

David Norman Producer

11. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Supporting Actor

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    Yes I watched the game until it got out of hand, and that non-PI call that wasn’t overturned was terrible. First, the ref on the field missed the call
    (I immediately thought it was a PI as soon as the play was over), then the idiots in the replay booth chose to not do their job. Unacceptable.

12. Robert Crawford

Robert
    The NFL has an integrity problem and it’s time the media do its job and call them out about it especially with all the gambling going on now. I’ve lost faith that the game is being officiated in an honest manner.

13. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    The league needs to explain to everybody why egregious PI/non-PI calls aren’t corrected by the new rule. The grabbing of the Texans WR is as blatant as it gets, and it should have been Texans ball at the Ravens 1.

14. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    Frustrating and heartbreaking loss for the Broncos today at Minnesota- this was their 4th blown 4th quarter lead this year, and they haven’t scored a 4th quarter TD in 6 straight games now.

15. Robert Crawford

Robert
    IMO, Wentz is overrated as a QB.

16. Scott Merryfield

Per this article, coaches had lost 32 of their past 33 pass interference challenges, dating back to the start of Week 4. That's a 3.0% success rate. Since Week 3, they are 2-for-41 (4.9%). It's obvious the league doesn't want coaches challenging pass interference, and only put the rule in the books because of the horrible non-call in last season's NFC Championship game, with no thought on how to define the new rule.

NFL officiating has become a joke.

17. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    He hasn’t had a great season but he has no weapons.

The Eagles have no players on offense that can catch a ball.

If you saw today’s game what you saw is Wentz holding the ball because no Eagle receivers get open and when they do they usually drop the ball.
    Agholor has been the only receiver available all season and he stinks.
    They just signed Matthews who has been cut three times this year.
    Their only running back today was a rookie who doesn’t have a sense that of what to do yet.

Ertz is the only good receiver they have so he is double teamed all game every week.
    There’s no one who can make that one play that the Eagles need to get them out of a long yardage situation.

You don’t see Wentz throw many deep balls because they are never open. They don’t have break away speed or they drop it.

That last play Agholor dropped in the back of the endzone has been typical of him all season.
    The weird thing about him is he can’t track a pass unless it’s a short pass right at him.
    If it’s a long deepish pass he can’t get to the right spot or he over runs it like he did today.

Wentz could be better but he’s got nothing to work with.

Jeffrey D and Scott Merryfield like this.
  18. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Fair enough!

19. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I can see why someone might say it though.
    His stats are less then what was expected.

Goff is having a similar season. Just not up to expectations but I’d kill to have a Gurley AND a Kupp on the Eagles

20. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    Couldn’t have said it better myself. Agholor won’t be back next year, and Jordan Matthews never sticks on the team. I hope the DeSean Jackson contract was for just 1 year- even though he is a terrific deep threat, he’s always hurt. The Eagles need to make WR a priority in next year’s draft.

Wentz- I love the way he plays, but he does turn the ball over a little too often.