1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

2019-2020 NFL Season

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Reggie W, Jul 30, 2019.

?

What team will be a surprise success this season?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2019.
  1. Cleveland Browns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Los Angeles Chargers

42.9%
  3. Chicago Bears

14.3%
  4. Indianapolis Colts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Baltimore Ravens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Atlanta Falcons

42.9%
  8. Oakland Raiders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Message #381 of 624 Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

You would pay a pretty penny to attend the games at Ford Field, plus parking can be a pain in the butt - - the stadium does not have its own parking lot. Add high concession prices and standing in line to use the bathroom, and I don't blame you for watching at home on a nice big TV. I have no desire to go there when the Steelers are in town, and I live a lot closer than you.

2. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Supporting Actor

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    I don’t get a lot of chances to see DeSean Watson play. He’s a stud. Hopefully the Texans can figure out how to win while he’s there.

3. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    The Bears offense is playing with no confidence, and the defense is too anxious to cover for the bad offense. Makes a Bears fan wonder if Nagy might sit Trubisky for the 2nd half in today’s game- no first downs in the first half.

4. Scott Merryfield

Wow, the Jets really suck. Losing to Miami is an embarrassment. The Bengals are now the only winless team.

Pretty good game between the Chiefs and Vikings today. Matt Moore filled in admirably for Mahomes.

5. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    Gase might need to wear flame retardant gear for future media sessions in New York. That’s a brutal loss. Stinky Fitz handed the Jets 5 points at the end of the first half, and it didn’t do the losers any good.

6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I can't wait to listen to the NYC sports radio stations as the calls for Gase's firing is only going to increase in volumes.

7. Scott Merryfield

Losing to the Dolphins could be considered a fireable offense.

8. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Without question he has lost the Jets fan base, who didn't want him in the first place.

9. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Oops, the Lions are playing the Raiders in Oakland.:blush:

10. Scott Merryfield

The good about being in South Carolina instead of Michigan right now (NFL items only) - - no Lions game on TV, and had an exciting KC - Minnesota game.

The bad - - had the Panthers vs. Titans game instead of the Steelers.

Non-NFL benefit - - I can still play golf, and my wife gets to walk on the beach (happy wife, happy life).

11. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Well, we had a few surprises on Sunday.:)

12. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Lead Actor

Was getting pretty tired of hearing how great the Patriots were, when they hadn't really played any team that was terribly competitive. Just another season where it is a cakewalk to a playoff seeding due to the nature of the AFC East.

So yeah, I really enjoyed Sunday evening.

I don't hate the Patriots, and I do have a lot of admiration for Bill Belichick; just really tired of hearing about their 'great' defense when they haven't played anyone (until Sunday evening) that was worth a damn.

- Walter.

Jeffrey D likes this.
  13. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    Ravens 210 rushing yards. The Patriots next game is in Philly in 2 weeks (the Eagles also have a bye next week). This could be how a team can hang with the Patriots- athletic QB who isn’t afraid to make plays with his legs, a commitment
    to run the ball, move the chains, and win the time of possession (the Ravens held the ball 14 minutes more than the Patriots). The Eagles are getting some players returning from injury too
    (DeSean Jackson would really help the Eagles if he can stay on the field for the rest of the season).

14. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Not too surprised about the Patriots loss. I think the bigger surprise was the Packers getting stomped by the sad-sack Chargers. That was really disappointing.

Seems like neither the Packers or the Patriots had much of a game plan this week.

15. Scott Merryfield

Yes, the Ravens win over New England wasn't a huge shock, as the Pats schedule has been pretty easy so far. I was hoping for a Pats win, though, only because it would have gotten the Steelers closer to the division leaders.

The Packers do seem to struggle on the road at times, so putting up a stinker was probably inevitable. Since every team in the division lost yesterday, it really didn't hurt them too much.

16. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    The primary issue for the Patriots is the offense. They have not really found one yet. So, if a team can get a lead on them and play decent defense they have a shot to beat them. There's just not much talent on the Patriots offense and they are struggling in several areas. Belichick does have the defense clicking and this current stretch of games (starting with the Ravens) through the Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, and Chiefs is their gauntlet for 2019. All of those teams have the potential to beat the Patriots, particularly if their offense does not figure things out.

17. Scott Merryfield

Carolina placed Cam Newton on injured reserve. He has a non-guaranteed $19M contract in 2020. I think we have seen the last of him in a Panthers jersey. He will probably get released in the off season. If he can recover from this foot injury, I could see a few teams make a play for him once he's a free agent.

18. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    The 3 teams in the NFC that might have interest are the Redskins, Bears and Buccaneers. These are very small chances though.

The AFC teams who need a starting QB, and don’t have a young guy who the team is trying out- the Dolphins (forget it), Bengals (small chance), Steelers (maybe, if Ben decides to retire), Jaguars, and Titans (this is maybe the team that could use Cam the most).

19. Scott Merryfield

@Jeffrey D, I would add to your list an outside chance of the Browns or Jets as potential landing spots if either of those teams fire their head coach. A new coach may want to select his own QB and force the team to trade their recently drafted QB, like the Cardinals did this season. Baker Mayfield looks broken in Cleveland, and you never knows what the Jets will do.

20. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    Interesting- seems that both Gase and Kitchens need asbestos underwear for their hot seats, but which of the two teams will give up on their young QB first? I’d bet the Jets would before the Browns- a hunch.