1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

2019-2020 NFL Season

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Reggie W, Jul 30, 2019.

?

What team will be a surprise success this season?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2019.
  1. Cleveland Browns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Los Angeles Chargers

42.9%
  3. Chicago Bears

14.3%
  4. Indianapolis Colts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Baltimore Ravens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Atlanta Falcons

42.9%
  8. Oakland Raiders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Supporting Actor

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    I hope I don’t piss off hard-core Browns fans here, but my first impression of head coach Kitchens is he comes across as a little less than a head coach- he has the attitude and bluster of a line coach. I’d worry a little bit about how far the team can go under his leadership.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Sports Center is enough of a recap show for me to get me through whatever dwindling NFL interest I still have.

3. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Roland Lataille
    I'll be moving to Florida in November. Choices are Spectrum, Frontier or Directv. I thinking of going with Directv so I can watch the Giants on NFL Sunday Ticket. I know they aren't a very good team but their the team I follow.

I had Directv before and the only downside was losing the signal in heavy rain and when snow covered the dish. Don't have to worry about snow in Florida but, the heavy rain will lose the signal. No big deal - I'll get an antenna and get local channels at that time.

4. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
  5. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    About Gordon- he’s had more than enough chances. I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole. Maybe I’m in the minority, but an athlete who has the potential to earn 8 figures per year should be held to a higher standard. I just don’t agree with this move.

ponset likes this.
  6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    He's not earning 8 figures a year.

7. Jeffrey D

Jeffrey D Hanawalt
    I said athletes with the potential of earning 8 figures- I didn’t say he was getting that.

8. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Still, I don't agree with you unless he's end and out of jail.

9. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    It appears the NFL and the Patriots are trying to help Gordon and so we'll see. The issue is the guy has never been able to play football without some sort of pain killing substance in his system. I would have sincere doubts he can make it through a season. He worked out with Brady during the off-season and Brady really wants him on the team so I expect that is part of why he is there.

10. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    In the category of that did not take long...

The Raiders are already fed up with Antonio "Mr. Big Chest" Brown over Brown avoiding camp and workouts due to not being able to wear his old helmet.

The Chargers have already lost a top talent until at least November possibly the season in their young Pro Bowl safety Derwin Williams. I just can't believe how snake bit this team is with injuries. They can never field their full squad.

11. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Steeler Nation is lovin' it.

Scott Merryfield likes this.
  12. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    This guy seems like he is going to give Steelers fans plenty to laugh at this season. First, he gets frostbite on his feet using a cryogenic chamber, then he won't stop fighting the player safety ban on old helmets.

You knew there would be a competition to see which diva WR blows up on his new team first and Brown is now way out in front of Beckham. It is beginning to look like Brown could miss the first game of the season already.

13. Robert Crawford

Robert
    As a life-long Raiders fan, the only thing I've got to say about the AB situation is that I cancelled the NFL Ticket for good reasons.

14. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Yes, this Steelers fan is thoroughly enjoying Brown's escapades with the Raiders. I am so glad that he is gone from Pittsburgh, even though I had wanted the Steelers to play hardball with him in the offseason -- that approximately $22M cap hit this season hurts. Now I am just glad he is another team's headache.

15. Robert Crawford

Robert
    I'm going to enjoy rooting against the Browns. Man, talk about a couple of smack talkers.

Scott Merryfield likes this.
  16. Robert Crawford

Robert
    My above comments were towards Mayfield taking an unnecessary shot at Daniel Jones in GQ magazine article. I'm starting to dislike this punk kid with a big mouth. Both, Mayfield and Beckham need to stop worrying about the Giants and concentrate on winning games for the Browns and their long-suffering fans.

17. Scott Merryfield

Yeah, the comments regarding Jones are just bizarre. Why would Cleveland's QB have any interest in commenting on the current backup QB for a team in the other conference?

18. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    I thought it was funny that these guys are saying "The hype about the Browns is real." but it is not real until they actually win some games. This Browns team is talented but you've got to prove it on the field. Until they do that nothing is "real."

Game three when they host the Rams will be a huge game. If the Browns win that game...well...the hype machine will push the needle off the chart. If you think the hype is over the top now just wait to see what happens if they win that game.

19. Scott Merryfield

Wins in September mean little. The Browns need to qualify for the playoffs and win a postseason game before they will be taken seriously. If this happens, they can tell the Lions what it feels like. :rolling-smiley:

20. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    To me I think due to the hype the Browns will come out of the gate with very high expectations surrounding them. These are not "tested" players so they have a lot to prove. Plus I mean it is not like they were a contender last season but they did have a better Home record than the Steelers...which I guess would be their one thing they can hang a hat on.

They need to have a good September in order to build toward a good season. I think they really need to win their first two games against the Titans and Jets because those should be very winnable games. Once they get to the Rams in week three they face a series of games and teams that will test them leading up to the Patriots in Foxboro at the end of October.

It's a tough slate starting with the Rams in week three. If that begins a 5 game losing streak the Browns could come apart with all those nutty personalities on that team. So, because of the massive hype and their big mouth players they need to back up the talk with some wins right away. If they lose to the Jets and/or Titans to start the season their road is even tougher.

A team like the Patriots could care less about September losses because they treat those games like preseason and they know they can and have begun to roll after the first month of games.

The Browns don't live with that luxury and really need those September wins to build some momentum. I mean doubtful that Freddie Kitchens is going to problem solve the way Belichick does.