What's new

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
This feels like a must win game for the Lions today. A loss puts them too far behind the Vikings and Packers.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Lions getting banged up today (Johnson, Harrison). Vikings shredding them now.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Redemption for Jones after dropping the TD 2 plays before (Vikings coach Mike Zimmerman should team Barr a new ass for the roughing the passer hit).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Forget Stafford and the running game issues- the Lions defense isn’t good enough to win anything. That needs to drastically improve.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kyler Murray seems to have no game awareness at all. Cardinals have had to waste two timeouts over a short time span because he let the play clock run down to zero. Then rather than stay in-bounds on a QB run play to take more time off the clock while the Giants have no timeouts, he runs out of bounds and gifts the Giants an extra 13 seconds. If he'd stayed in, they could have run the clock all the way down to the 2-min warning. Instead, Giants have been able to run more plays prior to the warning.

And Derek Carr has once again fumbled through the end zone, resulting in a touchback turnover. You'd think he would have learned his lesson after the last time he did that and sealed a loss for the Raiders. This one happened much earlier in the game, but it still resulted in a potentially 14-point swing in the score and seemed to give all momentum to the Packers who are now blowing out the Raiders.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Terrible play calling at the end of the Chargers - Titans game. San Diego (oops, meant LA ;)) has nt timeouts left and keeps calling running plays near the goal line with under 30 seconds left in the game. They got bailed out once as Tennessee called a timeout to avoid a 10 second runnoff after a replay review (not sure that was a wise move), but then Gordon fumbled on the next attempt. Even without the fumble, he was stopped short of the end zone and time would have run out. Chargers lose by 3, when the game should have at least been sent to overtime -- all they had to do was call a couple of pass plays.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Unfortunately it’s the SOL (same old Lions)- false start on a 56 yard FG attempt means they have to punt. Brutal.

Yes 2 nice TD drives. They’re actually running the ball today.

This feels like a must win game for the Lions today. A loss puts them too far behind the Vikings and Packers.

Lions getting banged up today (Johnson, Harrison). Vikings shredding them now.

Redemption for Jones after dropping the TD 2 plays before (Vikings coach Mike Zimmerman should team Barr a new ass for the roughing the passer hit).

Horrific 4th and 2 play. Lions are in trouble now.

Forget Stafford and the running game issues- the Lions defense isn’t good enough to win anything. That needs to drastically improve.

Now here's the perfect example of a manic-depressive Lions fan. :laugh:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Well, the Eagles fared even worse by getting pounded by the freaking Cowboys.
Yes I knew that would happen- the Eagles are too banged up, and the Cowboys were on a 3 game losing streak. If I were a degenerative gambler, I would have bet my Dodge that the Cowboys would win and cover last night.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, those were some awful NFL games on Sunday. I got so bored by the games they were showing on my locals here that I decided to watch "Red Heat" with Arnold and Jim Belushi.;) Man, I'm glad I'm not paying for the Sunday Ticket this season.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
By the way, those were some awful NFL games on Sunday. I got so bored by the games they were showing on my locals here that I decided to watch "Red Heat" with Arnold and Jim Belushi.;) Man, I'm glad I'm not paying for the Sunday Ticket this season.
Bears fans have to be concerned about the lack of passing game in the offense. The Bears May have to make a tough decision about Trubisky.
Amazing that the Saints have won every game since Brees got hurt. Watch out for them in the playoffs (if Payton doesn’t screw up clock management, that is).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Luckily, I missed most of the games. We were at a Halloween event and lunch with our niece and grand niece for most of the 1pm games, and then at a USA Hockey game for most of the 4pm ones - - I did get home to catch the Chargers horrible play calling at the end of their game. Went to bed at half time of the night game.

I did see a little of the Lions game at lunch, in a sports bar / restaurant with a lot of those manic depressed Lions fans. :laugh:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Actually I’m an Eagles fan, but I follow the league. A tough loss for Lions fans- they likely won’t catch the Vikings or Packers now.
You gave a great impression of most Lions fans. "We suck. Oh, wait something good happened. We're great! No, something bad just happened. We suck! I hate this team. Wait..." :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This past week had some bad football games culminated by the drubbing the Patriots gave the Jets and Sam Darnold. An old fashion ass-whipping as my former football coach would say to us.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
This past week had some bad football games culminated by the drubbing the Patriots gave the Jets and Sam Darnold. An old fashion ass-whipping as my former football coach would say to us.
I just saw highlights at nfl.com

Embarrassing performance from Darnold and the Jets. Seems to me the length of Gase’s tenure heavily depends on how Darnold progresses- if Sam has many more games like last night, Gase will be run out of town.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Man, I'm glad I'm not paying for the Sunday Ticket this season.

This is the second year I have been without Sunday Ticket and I nearly purchased it because the Chargers looked stacked to make a Super Bowl run this year. All the parts were in place. Then a slew of injuries to starters and as usual the Chargers play a bunch of games that they are in...but through penalties and mistakes find truly bizarre ways to lose. Now the Chargers look like they are in complete free fall and Rivers is a free agent next season as he and Tom Brady want to be on the open market for 2020. I believe Rivers wants to go to the Titans for 2020 because he and his family would like to get out of California and move to Tennessee. It could happen as the Titans seem done with Mariota and of course Tannehill is no solution there. I doubt Brady plays anywhere else but who knows. This season's Patriots team looks like it does not need Brady to win games.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I just saw highlights at nfl.com

Embarrassing performance from Darnold and the Jets. Seems to me the length of Gase’s tenure heavily depends on how Darnold progresses- if Sam has many more games like last night, Gase will be run out of town.

Honestly, Gase stinks as a Head Coach. He was horrible in Miami, lost the team, stuck by Tannehill way too long and treated players like crap apparently. He came right in and started by badmouthing players in New York, complaining about the squad he had, and made a mess where he did not have to...which seems to be how he operates. Huge mistake to hire him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks