What's new

2019-2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

What team will be a surprise success this season?

• Cleveland Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Baltimore Ravens

• Oakland Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I hope LeVeon Bell is enjoying playing for the Jets. ;)

Scary moment in the Pittsburgh - Baltimore game. Steelers QB Mason Rudolph was knocked unconscious after a hit to the head. You could see his body go limp immediately after the hit as he fell to the ground. He was very woozy as he was helped off the field — the injury cart appeared to not be working, as it had to be pushed off the field by several people.
Looks like he was out cold for a few minutes. I saw a replay of it, I expect a suspension for that hit.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like he was out cold for a few minutes. I saw a replay of it, I expect a suspension for that hit.
I watched that hit a couple more times this morning so I retract my earlier comment about a suspension. The player hitting Rudolph from behind caused the tackler hitting Rudolph in the front to hit him in the head by accident as it changed Rudolph's body position.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see Jay Gruden got put out of his misery this morning as HC of the Redskins. Unfortunately, for Redskins fans, you can't fire the owner as he's currently the worst owner in the NFL. Snyder thinks he's Al Davis, when Davis was in his prime as a former football coach owning a team.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I see Jay Gruden got put out of his misery this morning as HC of the Redskins. Unfortunately, for Redskins fans, you can't fire the owner as he's currently the worst owner in the NFL. Snyder thinks he's Al Davis, when Davis was in his prime as a former football coach owning a team.
Snyder and Bengals owner Mike Brown are the worst owners, but Snyder seems to be a hard guy to work for, which makes him a nose ahead of Brown.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Snyder and Bengals owner Mike Brown are the worst owners, but Snyder seems to be a hard guy to work for, which makes him a nose ahead of Brown.
Mike Brown is pretty bad too, but Snyder has more financial resources yet he keeps screwing it up by not hiring the right football people and allowing them to do their thing.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hey, don't forget about the Ford Family here in Detroit. They may not be nasty, but their incompetence completely outshines Brown in Cincy and Snyder in D.C. It's been 62 years since the last championship, and they have won a single post season game since then (and that was 28 years ago).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I watched that hit a couple more times this morning so I retract my earlier comment about a suspension. The player hitting Rudolph from behind caused the tackler hitting Rudolph in the front to hit him in the head by accident as it changed Rudolph's body position.
Yeah, I didn't think the hit was suspension-worthy, but the 15 yard penalty was justified. Rudolph just happened to be in a vulnerable position as he was sandwiched, but there didn't look to be any malicious intent from the Ravens players. It was scary watching him go down and stay down for so long, though. I doubt he knew where he was when finally being helped off the field.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hey, don't forget about the Ford Family here in Detroit. They may not be nasty, but their incompetence completely outshines Brown in Cincy and Snyder in D.C. It's been 62 years since the last championship, and they have won a single post season game since then (and that was 28 years ago).
Right now, I would rank the Lions ownership over Synder as at least the old lady in Detroit isn't telling her football people who to draft or sign as a free agent.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I hope LeVeon Bell is enjoying playing for the Jets. ;)

Scary moment in the Pittsburgh - Baltimore game. Steelers QB Mason Rudolph was knocked unconscious after a hit to the head. You could see his body go limp immediately after the hit as he fell to the ground. He was very woozy as he was helped off the field — the injury cart appeared to not be working, as it had to be pushed off the field by several people.

You know it's a really nasty hit when it knocks out the cart as well.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Right now, I would rank the Lions ownership over Synder as at least the old lady in Detroit isn't telling her football people who to draft or sign as a free agent.
No, Lions ownership has never really done that. Instead, they just make very bad hires and then leave them in place for way too long. And Martha Ford has followed in her late husband's incompetent footsteps. Here is what she did after William Clay Ford, Sr. passed away:

• Evicted her son, William Clay Ford, Jr., from Lions headquarters in Allen Park and brought in her two 70+ year old daughters. Junior was the only person in the family with any business experience (he's former president of Ford Motor Company), and was the one hope Lions fans had for things improving in the future. Instead, three old ladies whose only experience running anything is organizing high tea for their old money friends sit on top of the organization.
  • After firing Martin Mayhew as team president / GM, stated that an exhaustive search would be made for the best candidate for the position. Then, two weeks later, she hired family friend / financial adviser Ron Wood for the job. Wood had no experience in sports or entertainment -- his only job had been to look after the family's money.
Basically, with the daughters now in place with Martha, there is no hope even when Martha passes away (she's in her mid-90's).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Personally, I think the Lions are headed in a better direction and have improved since hiring their last GM and HC. They at least have a direction now and the roster appears to be expanding with more good players. Whether they can complete the journey is another thing.

The Redskins are a dumpster fire because of their owner's meddling in football operations. As long as that continues, it will not improve.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Oh, I agree that Snyder is a terrible owner. He's Jerry Jones, except he has zero knowledge about football. At least Jones knows the sport.

In the case of Mike Brown, he certainly should know football considering he learned from his dad. He just appears to want to run the franchise as cheaply as possible, without regard to how that affects the product on the field.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I loved seeing the Browns and Mayfield get the crap kicked out of them last night. What a cocky punk ass QB that hasn't done anything in the NFL to be so smug. Playing with a chip on your shoulder is one thing, but being unlikable while doing so is another.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...an-annoyed-at-baker-mayfields-handshake-snub/
Video emerged that seems to show Sherman is a liar.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...baker-mayfield-shaking-richard-shermans-hand/

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Burfict suspension upheld upon appeal. Wow, I am surprised, but glad, the suspension was upheld. If any player deserved a season-long suspension, it's Burfict.
Yes I was thinking the suspension would be reduced to 6 or 8 games. It was likely upheld due to the league telling Burfict after his previous illegal hit that his next suspension would be more severe with his next infraction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks