What's new

2019-2020 MLB Hot Stove (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Baseball is doing the right thing, following in the footsteps of the NBA. It would have been a big mistake of Manfred and the owners to allow the Mariners, and the CA, OH and NY teams to have to play in empty stadiums or play at their Spring training sites, and let other teams conduct normal business- that would have been totally unfair.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
They are taking a wait and see approach but with no vaccine in site until the end of the year a 2 week day is very wishful thinking.
Yes baseball has to wait until the Federal state of
emergency is lifted, and the cases of ill people
take a nosedive. The sports teams in Chicago
have agreed to play to no fans until May 1st, if baseball plays by then. I think there’s no shot
baseball gets played before May.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Is you tube the best place to look for vintage games to watch?

May try and find some old Mets games.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The 2006 mets game was fun. The Mets scored 11 in the 6th inning! 2 grand slams by the Mets as well. Which was / is a record.

I watched the last game of the 1969 World Series this morning.

I may watched one of the 1989 World Series games next. Been in the mood for watching vintage Oakland.

side note I have the old starting lineup talking baseball game. My son was the hall of fame team and I was the 87 white Sox. He smoked me 9-2.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The 2006 mets game was fun. The Mets scored 11 in the 6th inning! 2 grand slams by the Mets as well. Which was / is a record.

I watched the last game of the 1969 World Series this morning.

I may watched one of the 1989 World Series games next. Been in the mood for watching vintage Oakland.

side note I have the old starting lineup talking baseball game. My son was the hall of fame team and I was the 87 white Sox. He smoked me 9-2.
The 1969 series clincher had to be a blast to watch- how different a baseball TV broadcast was then (little or no in game updates and graphics to help the short attention span viewers of today).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The 1969 series clincher had to be a blast to watch- how different a baseball TV broadcast was then (little or no in game updates and graphics to help the short attention span viewers of today).

the pace of the game was much quicker than a modern game!!! Even with the arguments. Frank Robinson going to the trainer after the ump said the inside pitch didn’t hit him was humorous!!!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
the pace of the game was much quicker than a modern game!!! Even with the arguments. Frank Robinson going to the trainer after the ump said the inside pitch didn’t hit him was humorous!!!
Yes the pace of the game today is much slower- a while ago, someone commented that a World Series game sometime in the ‘60s was a very high scoring game, and the time of that game was 2:37.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yes the pace of the game today is much slower- a while ago, someone commented that a World Series game sometime in the ‘60s was a very high scoring game, and the time of that game was 2:37.

agreed!

mom watching game 4 of the 1989 World Series this morning.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
cubs catch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks