What's new

2018 Black Friday Deals (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The $.99 Hulu deal is still live, but eligibility is definitely selective. My account was a no-go.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
CBS didn't have much "success" with sales of I Love Lucy or The Andy Griffith Show, on bluray. ST:TNG didn't seem to meet CBS' sales expectations ... It's highly unlikely ...but they DID release ST: Discovery on Blu-ray ... so there's always hope with the new regime...
and twilight zone... but I think you're on the right track comparing it with Lucy and Andy. I went ahead and got it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Heh... all the BF deals for 4K UHDs (many coming so close to plain BD counterparts or what I'd normally spend on them) along w/ some cases where even the included BD upgrade should be worthwhile are forcing my hand to buy a big batch this go-around even though I don't have any clear plans to upgrade the hardware so far -- could easily be 2-3 years before I upgrade... when I might move and finally have a dedicated HT room while true 4K projection might finally be reasonably affordable enough.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be any good, affordable options for downconversion to 1080p/SDR playback though -- not ready to spend the $$$ on a Panny UB820 just for that purpose...

_Man_

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
My Black Friday consisted of fixing the home AC (yes we still need air conditioning in Gulf Coast Texas right now). $677 later we're good. No Black Friday deal from the AC guy. LOL

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My Black Friday consisted of fixing the home AC (yes we still need air conditioning in Gulf Coast Texas right now). $677 later we're good. No Black Friday deal from the AC guy. LOL
From Vermont, where the HIGH temperature on Thanksgiving was 9 degrees, I have to say I'm a bit jealous (of the nice weather, not the bill).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just got an email from Hulu.
99¢ a month for a year. Might have been today only and no active account for the previous year.

Thank you for this. Just signed up. Will probably never use it...but....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Gotta love some of these discounts at the Shout! BF "sale". I guess if you add them to your cart, you get an additional discount, but I'm not sure of the point of displaying them like this in the first place?
upload_2018-11-23_21-8-32.png

upload_2018-11-23_21-9-4.png

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I just got an email from Hulu.
99¢ a month for a year. Might have been today only and no active account for the previous year.
Awesome! Handmaid's Tale has been on our want-to-watch list for a while. But haven't wanted to sign up for another $10/mo service. But for a buck a month, I'm happy to try it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
And I violated my rule to not buy movies until I'm more caught up on my backlog, and bought Wreck It Ralph UHD and Deadpool 2 UHD (UHD was within $5 of HD). I want to rewatch Ralph before seeing the sequel. And since I'm spending money, DP2 is kinda cheap and I haven't seen it yet.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Got Perry Mason DVD and Twilight zone Blu.

TZ is on sale now at about $43!!! $45 with taxes. My old DVD has a few skipping episodes. Can't be more happy!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up quite a few films on UHD or streaming that I had specifically been waiting for the prices to drop. I have more than enough new material now to keep me busy through the holidays.

I also picked up some half price tickets for the Star Line ferry service to Mackinac Island. They have a sale on their website every Black Friday. We usually visit the island a couple of times a year, and already have one booked for June 2019.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Picked up the Perry movie collection too. $27.

Walmart had the Hunger Games 4 movie blu for $9.96. Isn't that like $40 less that it normal goes after?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Picked up the Perry movie collection too. $27.

Walmart had the Hunger Games 4 movie blu for $9.96. Isn't that like $40 less that it normal goes after?
Depends on where you look Amazon has buy it and wait at $17.99 or $19.99 for current bby has it for $35 and wm says $58.62 but a good deal anyway if you didn't have them all, I spent > $100.00 at wm for MOSTLY 4K Blurays (Empire S1-2 was the only DVD at< $10.00)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Depends on where you look Amazon has buy it and wait at $17.99 or $19.99 for current bby has it for $35 and wm says $58.62 but a good deal anyway if you didn't have them all, I spent > $100.00 at wm for MOSTLY 4K Blurays (Empire S1-2 was the only DVD at< $10.00)
I tried to get partial refund when it was less than $22 but they said no. $17.99!! man oh man! at least it came in the mail today. But I only just started s1e1 yesterday and it was darn good!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Now that all of my BF 4K titles are trickling in via mail/UPS/Fedex, I had no idea how many titles I had bought, but since I knew most of the 4K titles tend to stay around $20-$30 for the rest of the year, I figure I'd splurge and get any of them that piqued my interest and were in that $10 range, and maybe a few upwards toward $15 at the higher limit. Heck, I bought Thor Ragnorak for $15 since it's usually $22-$23 normally, and I wasn't planning on buying it otherwise. Same goes with most of the Disney/Marvel Cinematic Universe 4k titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks