What's new

2017 LG OLED Question (1 Viewer)

BlackOps

Agent
Real Name
Joe Houston
Do the built-in apps (such as Netflix and Amazon Video) on the 2017 LG OLED models trigger frame rate changes, such as 24p for films? I am hoping they do, but I haven’t been able to confirm anything.

They do on the Apple TV 4 and the Apple TV 4K. I am considering switching to a Shield TV, but many of the apps on that device don’t yet allow for frame rate switching. I could get by if the built-in LG apps do however.

Thank you!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You are way better off with a device like ATV than for any manufacturers smart devices. I say that as an owner of Visio, Sony and LG panels. You couldn't pay me to use those apps regardless of whether or not they do 24p, which I suppose they do. If that's all you care about, go for it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been using the NetFlix app on my LG OLED. For general viewing, it works fine. It supports Atmos, DolbyVision, HDR10 and "4K". It sure beats spending money on another box.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
IIRC, they support 24hz on the LG, I know they do on Sony TV's, but their Amazon app sucks.

I use my ATV4K or Sony X700 UHD Player for Netflix and Amazon, both output 24hz, and the apple will do stuff like 50hz, etc...

BlackOps

Agent
Real Name
Joe Houston
Thank you everyone. I will probably wait to see how well my 4K content performs when the C7P I’ve ordered from Value Electronics arrives. Not sure that I’ll need the Shield at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks