What's new

2017 iMac and iMac Pro buyers and owners thread. (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I took a picture with my iPhone and it shows up in Photos on my Mac. So far so good. Is there a way to take that picture on my Mac and insert it into a HTF thread? Copy and paste doesn't work.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My iMac said it would like to update, so I restarted. After four progress bars, I finally got text that said updating would take 48’. Holy crap, I wish they would have let me know that, I would definitely scheduled it for overnight.

Now the progress bar is 70% doneand it says 45’ remaining (this is 10’ Later than the first message. Time is quite flexible when updating.) maybe it won’t take another 45’?

I put my iPad Pro in front of my iMac so I could post. I wasted a minute trying to use my iMac keyboard with the iPad. :P

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
What a hugely embarrassing situation for Apple:

Synopsis: Guy added Apple's $80 VESA adaptor to his iMac Pro. When he went to remove the adapter one of the screws broke. The vendor that made the adapter for Apple used cheap screws. He got the runaround from AppleCare and his Apple Store. After a couple of weeks he finally got his iMac back and, well, you'll have to watch the video to find out.

After he posted the video he did get contacted by Apple's Executive Team and they are replacing his entire iMac. But the situation should have never happened. And Apple's initial response and actions were pathetic.

Mark

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My 2009 iMac (which I bought refurb in 2011) looks to be at the end of its rope with a hard drive issue, probably. Shuts down when I try to boot in Safe Mode. Booting from my bootable backup for now. The question is whether to go out and get a replacement now, or wait to see if a new iMac is indeed going to be released in 2018. That's just 2.5 months...I can probably hold off...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I looked at doing that a couple years ago, but I think this far down the road, I will tinker with it *after* I have my replacement, in an attempt to get some more use out of it. But not as my primary machine.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife is in slightly similar situation: 2009 iMac and her five year upgrade schedule is next year. So we're wondering if/when there's any new iMacs coming and should she upgrade Jan 1 or wait a bit?

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
@DaveF don't buy on January 1. Buy the day the next upgrade is announced, whether it be 2018 or 19.

The online Apple Store often offers small (~$100) discounts on iMacs on Black Friday. If the new ones come out before then, he might want to delay an order just a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks