What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

2017-2018 TV Schedule (Broadcast) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
List of 2016-17 cancelled shows on broadcast nets, from Zap2It:

“2 Broke Girls” (CBS)
“American Crime” (ABC)
“American Gothic” (CBS)
“APB” (FOX)
“Aquarius” (NBC)
“The Blacklist: Redemption” (NBC)
“BrainDead” (CBS)
“The Catch” (ABC)
"Chicago Justice" (NBC)
“Conviction” (ABC)
“Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders” (CBS)
“Doubt” (CBS)
“Dr. Ken” (ABC)
“Emerald City” (NBC)
“Frequency” (The CW)
“The Great Indoors” (CBS)
“Imaginary Mary” (ABC)
“Last Man Standing” (ABC)
“Making History” (FOX)
“Notorious” (ABC)
“No Tomorrow” (The CW)
“The Odd Couple” (CBS)
“Pitch” (FOX)
“Powerless” (NBC)
“Pure Genius” (CBS)
“Ransom” (CBS)
“The Real O’Neals” (ABC)
“Rosewood” (FOX)
“Scream Queens” (FOX)
“Secrets and Lies” (ABC)
“Sleepy Hollow” (FOX)
“Son of Zorn” (FOX)
“Time After Time” (ABC)
“Training Day” (CBS)
“You the Jury” (FOX)

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I just read that NBC has readjusted its Tuesday and Thursday night line-ups for the upcoming season.

This Is Us and Law & Order: The Menendez Brothers are going to Tuesdays 9-11.

Superstore, The Good Place, Will & Grace, Great News, Chicago Fire are now on Thursdays 8-11 until football takes over for a month and a half.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
NBC has renewed "Will & Grace" for yet another season before the revival has even aired. They also increased the episode order for the upcoming season from 12 to 16 episodes.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/entertainment/will-and-grace-renewed/index.html
Am I the only one who thinks that audiences aren't that interested in most of these returning shows? The X-Files had pretty good ratings (though I think that was the novelty of the return of the series) but have any other resurrected shows done particularly well? No one is watching the brilliant Twin Peaks and 24 & Prison Break tanked. Obviously, if they brought back Seinfeld or Friends, they'd be huge but outside of the crown jewels, I don't think there's that much interest in all these returning 90's show.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm kind of skeptical, too. I'm surprised they didn't at least wait until a few episodes aired before handing them a second (tenth?) season renewal. (I don't know how we're supposed to refer to these revivals in the chronology of the series' seasons.)

I think the networks are looking at the ratings for the final seasons of these shows, seeing their numbers were significantly higher than the current shows on the network, and hoping the revival will come close to those numbers. Especially since they have such a hard time developing new shows that are successful. Though ratings for the last two seasons of W&G kind of fell off the cliff, so I'm not sure how they can expect to do big numbers here, other than hoping the nostalgia factor kicks in.

But most networks would give anything to regain the ratings numbers of a show they decided to cancel 10 yrs ago.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The executives at NBC who make the programming decisions must have read some of the scripts for upcoming episodes and been enough impressed with the writing to order an extension of this season and also set another season. The actors just started working this week on the season, so they don't have any footage of the shows to come yet.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This first post has been updated with the current network schedules, to the best of my knowledge.

You'd think the broadcast networks would want you to know when their shows are going to air and at what times, but it was actually very difficult to find updated information. If I missed anything, let me know.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The Fall 2017 broadcast TV season officially kicks off with the series premiere of "The Orville" on a special night and time: tonight at 8/7c.

A calendar of premiere and finale dates for September and October is available here.
That's an informative schedule. Thanks.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wednesday: Only "Speechless" for me, unless I catch up with "The Blacklist" at some point. I watched "American Housewife" this season since it followed "The Middle" but now that it's on its own, I won't bother. Neither new show does anything for me whatsoever.

Thurs ABC has "Roseanne" .

Really like "American Housewife", "The Middle" and looking forward to the return of "Roseanne". Totally burned out with these richy rich shows like "Modern Family" and repeats of "Last Man Standing". Most people don't live their lives in mansions with new cars every year, how about a dose of reality.

"Roseanne" really sucked the last year or so when it was on. Hopefully she'll return to some decent comedy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Dropped "The Mayor". I just have too many TV shows on Tuesday, and I wasn't enjoying it enough to make time for it later in the week. The fact that it's almost certain to be cancelled made the decision easier.

"The Inhumans" has piled up on my DVR. Just a dreadful show. But since it's only eight episodes, and it's Marvel, I'll probably get through them at some point.

"Ghosted" is on probation. I really want to love it, but I only kinda sort of like it. "Designated Survivor" is also a candidate to be dropped.

I'm enjoying "The Brave" but I'm falling behind on it. I might delete it from the DVR and just hope it pops up on Netflix to binge at some point.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Really like "American Housewife", "The Middle" and looking forward to the return of "Roseanne". Totally burned out with these richy rich shows like "Modern Family" and repeats of "Last Man Standing". Most people don't live their lives in mansions with new cars every year, how about a dose of reality.
Bob's Burgers, on Cartoon Network :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Keeping up on:
This is Us (keeping up per wife's demand)
Brooklyn 99
Big Bang Theory
The Gifted (starting to lose a little interest)
Designated Survivor (losing interest as show is losing its focus)
Shark Tank
The Daily Show

Netflix Download for Travel
House of Cards S1
G.L.O.W.
Riverdale
The Tick
Supernatural (probably giving up given all short series on Netflix)

Tivo'd, but pending time to watch:
The Expanse, S2
Halt and Catch Fire (TiVo'd, waiting viewing time)
Dirk Gently S2
Mr. Robot

Recording just in case but have given up on:
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Keeping up on:
This is Us (keeping up per wife's demand)
Brooklyn 99
Big Bang Theory
The Gifted (starting to lose a little interest)
Designated Survivor (losing interest as show is losing its focus)
Shark Tank
The Daily Show

Netflix Download for Travel
House of Cards S1
G.L.O.W.
Riverdale
The Tick
Supernatural (probably giving up given all short series on Netflix)

Tivo'd, but pending time to watch:
The Expanse, S2
Halt and Catch Fire (TiVo'd, waiting viewing time)
Dirk Gently S2
Mr. Robot

Recording just in case but have given up on:
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Really liking "The Gifted", hope it makes the cut. "Designated Survivor" got off to a good start, but like you, I'm losing interest.

Surprised Dirk Gently got a second season, but I think it's doubtful for a third. TBBT could go on for years. The others aren't on my watch list so, no comment

Really enjoying "The Good Doctor", "Ghosted" and the return of "Roseanne" :blush:, but a lot of shows have been on for many, many years, maybe time to start thinking of ending them , "NCIS"?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really enjoying "The Good Doctor", "Ghosted" and the return of "Roseanne" :blush:, but a lot of shows have been on for many, many years, maybe time to start thinking of ending them , "NCIS"?
Something like NCIS can probably carry on until Mark Harmon wants to retire. Everybody else in the cast is replaceable. It's like "Law & Order": the formula is the biggest ingredient of its success.

On the other hand -- while I will miss it dearly -- I'm really glad that creators Eileen Heisler and DeAnn Heline made the decision early to end "The Middle" after this season, while the quality level is still high.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Our favorite new show is THE ORVILLE.

We are loving THE GOOD DOCTOR, really enjoying WISDOM OF THE CROWD, and hanging in there with THE GIFTED. STAR TREK DISCOVERY remains in the mix.

Old shows we still keep up with include BULL and MADAM SECRETARY.

We dropped SUPER GIRL and BLUE BLOODS. Just not enough hours in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chantalc
Recent bookmarks