What's new

2016 MLB Season Discussion (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is baseball season over yet?
Nope. Everyone's wearing jackets, gloves, thermal underwear, and balaclavas, and snow is in the air, but they're still playing.

They need to shorten the season by about a month. The WS should be played while it's still warm.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
51O6PeLNDoL._SL1000_.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Gee whiz, I thought that W flag was meant to express support for a former President.

How odd that they could get a registered trademark for a single letter.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
When the Cubs are hot, they're hot. And when they're cold, they're cold.
It didn't help that the fans were so bloody quiet! At least they could have attempted to distract the opposition with some noise! It's called the home crowd being the 26th player for a reason! :P

This was a nice tight contest, no doubt about that. Hopefully, the Cubs can bounce back in the next game!

CHEERS! :)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Again, when the Cubs are hot, they're hot. And when they're not, they really aren't. :(

Ah, well, after seeing how Cleveland played against Boston and Toronto as well as how Chicago played against San Francisco and L.A., I kind of suspected that it might play out this way. Teams like Cleveland that get hot in the postseason are difficult to stop and let's face it, the Cubs team that won 103 games in the regular season just hasn't been consistent in the postseason. I've just been enjoying the ride of having my beloved Cubs in the World Series without any of the heartache since getting over the NLCS hump to win the pennant was really what I'd been waiting for all these years. Plus, this is a good team that's going to hopefully get back in the World Series over the next few years so we'll just have to say "Next year!" once again but without the bitter heartbreak of past seasons.

I know there are still games to play, but, really... who thinks after watching Games 1, 3, and 4, that the Cubs can come back from a 3-1 deficit?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I know there are still games to play, but, really... who thinks after watching Games 1, 3, and 4, that the Cubs can come back from a 3-1 deficit?

Brian:

I know it might ring hollow...but the eventual champion 2004 Red Sox took up the mantra "Why not us?" after being down 3-0 in the ALCS.

Never say never. But I agree that the Indians seem to have had the momentum this entire postseason.

274551b8db964dd39ec846fbb51fac43.gif

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Again, when the Cubs are hot, they're hot. And when they're not, they really aren't. :(

Ah, well, after seeing how Cleveland played against Boston and Toronto as well as how Chicago played against San Francisco and L.A., I kind of suspected that it might play out this way. Teams like Cleveland that get hot in the postseason are difficult to stop and let's face it, the Cubs team that won 103 games in the regular season just hasn't been consistent in the postseason. I've just been enjoying the ride of having my beloved Cubs in the World Series without any of the heartache since getting over the NLCS hump to win the pennant was really what I'd been waiting for all these years. Plus, this is a good team that's going to hopefully get back in the World Series over the next few years so we'll just have to say "Next year!" once again but without the bitter heartbreak of past seasons.

When the Cubs tied the series with their win in game 2, I really thought that finally, a team broke through against the red hot Cleveland Indians! However, as it stands right now, it appears to me that the Cubs simply managed to eke out a victory at an earlier stage in this World Series than the Blue Jays, who were already down 0-3 in the ALCS when they won theirs, also by the same 5-1 score, oddly enough!

At this stage, I'd just really like for the Cubs to win ONE game for their home fans, but last night's crushing loss had to have been a devastating one for them!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks