What's new

2016 HTPC for Catfisch Cinema (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have potentially doing this harder than I needed to, the past five years. I've just learned that CloneBD works with AnyDVD to automatically identify the correct playlist for the maintitle *and* auto identifies other content such as trailers and menus and bonus features *and* lets you're easily select which items to export as MKV *and* with sensible human-readable names to help identify and correctly name for media server use.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
This has been a standard feature of anydvd for many years.

If it doesn't find the correct playlist, folks usually post up the logfiles to redfox's forum. Somebody on staff figures out the problem and anydvd is updated within a day or two.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
We had power fluctuations (lights were strobing) following by outage today. My HTPC is dead - won’t power on. <sad panda>

I’m hoping that at worst the PSU is dead. I’ve ordered a replacement. Which, hopefully, a simple* replacement will fix the media PC.

* nothing is ever simple in pulling the PC from the theater rack, doing open-heart surgery, and then reinstalling it.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'd guess the power supply had died. After two or three hours of fighting with that, and having bought a replacement and trying it out, that was not the problem.

Did some googling and found a random thread somewhere that suggested to start with reseting the bios by pulling the motherboard battery. I did that. 30 seconds later, the computer was booting again.

Whew! Another hour to get it reinstalled in the theater. And fortunately it was ultimately a trivial fix from a power outage. A morning lost. But much better than a day lost failing to repair a dead motherboard or crashed boot drive or massive data loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors