What's new

2011-2012 TV Schedule (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
DaveF said:
I enjoyed Two Broke Girls, particularly the "high concept" ending :) It's got a Tivo season pass, and be good sitcom filler for a spare half hour of TV watching.

Didn't care a lot for Person of Interest. The first half felt very clunky, with too much clumsy narrative. And the "Minority Report" scenario is too far fetched to me in 2011; I couldn't suspend my disbelief. I liked Cavezial and Emerson, but the show around them wasn't working for me. Probably give it a few more episodes to see if it improves.
Same here. Of the new shows I sampled this week, I really liked "2 Broke Girls" and was disappointed with "Person of Interest." Also didn't care for "New Girl." Zooey's character is just too weird.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Zooey's character is basically a big dork, which I would think would appeal to the likes of us on this forum. Come on, she referenced the Lord of the Rings and Gollum!

Considering her rich internal life, she's probably not too dissimilar from J.D. from Scrubs, except we don't get the benefit of seeing what goes on in her head,

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Zooey's character is basically a big dork, which I would think would appeal to the likes of us on this forum.
While I didn't really like or dislike the show, I did laugh at loud when the guy said how he liked her glasses and her bizarre reply was "Thanks, they help me see."

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Hoping Hawaii Five-0 closes the gap on Castle in the ratings tonight, what with there being new episodes of each show before Hawaii Five-0 on CBS (season premiere of Mike and Molly tonight).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That ratings site said Playboy Club and/or Free Agents would have been the first to go, but NBC is being obstinate. I don't know how they expect them to grow, but that now puts CA up on the site's chopping block. I planned to watch CA all along for Minka, but it conflicted with something and I decided not to even bother. I did watch the pilot of Person of Interest last night and liked it. I'll watch the second ep after Fringe tonight.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think NBC is kind of in a corner with The Playboy Club. It was only slated for half a season to start with; they plan to put Smash there at midseason, so it may stay there just for lack of anything else to put there at the moment.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I guess The Playboy Club has to worry less about mobsters, and more about the combined forces of Rick Castle and Steve McGarrett.

Well, I did change my attitude about checking out new shows, and so far, have seen a few so far. And based on word here, some I will take a pass.

So far, I like 2 Broke Girls and Prime Suspect. Not sure if either are definite keepers, but they are entertaining enough to keep watching. Will check out Pam Am either today or tomorrow.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It appeared that Hawaii Five-0 has closed the gap a bit on Castle. Having all new episodes of the lead-in shows before it helped (including the season premiere of Mike and Molly). Based on the synopsis for the next three episodes of Five-0 (on TVRage) it's all sounding promising. Better than what happened after the first two episodes of it's first season (the start of several so-so episodes). Of what I've read about Law & Order: SVU's first two Season 13 episodes, it's mostly positive.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Somewhat different ratings situation after last Monday night in the US. Hawaii Five-0 wins the hour with just over 11 million viewers and Castle (without having Dancing with the Stars as a lead-in) finishes second for the hour with just over 8.1 million viewers (source: TVbynumbers news article (Monday Final Ratings) from 6th December, 2011).

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Apparently, ABC is doing a remake (essentially) of Bosom Buddies: http://www.nerve.com/news/tv/abc-hits-a-new-low-with-the-cross-dressing-comedy-work-it They really are out of ideas. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks