What's new

2011-2012 TV Schedule (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I will only be watching The Good Wife from Time-Warner's HD On Demand until football season is over. It is impossible to program a DVR for any of CBS' Sunday programming during NFL season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The CW just released their schedule. It looks like the 2011-2012 season will be the first in which I don't watch any shows on this network:

imgrepo

Drama Comedy Reality News/Sports

* New Programming

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TravisR

Based simply on the talent onscreen and behind the scenes, I'm going to check out Person Of Interest.

I was pissed about my shows getting cancelled after only one year, but I'm going to check this one out.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm sorry if I missed something, but when is Alcatraz airing? Interesting promo from Fox but didn't say anything about a date/time?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
What was last midseason show that became a hit? Just curious, if anyone knows.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
Using this list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midseason_replacement ), I'd say that the last big hits were Grey's Anatomy and The Office. And it took a while for The Office to grow its audience.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Originally Posted by Walter C

The only new show that I plan to check out is Last Man Standing, only because of Tim Allen. I hope it's good, since I used to enjoy watching Home Improvement back in the day.

The other new shows... I may just wait until they get second seasons, as I'm tired of watching them, only for them to get cancelled.

I was part of a test market on it, and got to watch what was nearly an entire episode. It looked really high quality to me, other than the mom who kind of disappointed. But the test show I watched starred the always wonderful Hector Elizondo, so I'm definitely on board.

Especially with the disappointment of not getting to watch Allison Janney every week with Mr. Sunshine being cancelled. Mad Love was very enjoyable as well, particularly with how the two "best friends" played off each other. I enjoy Judy Greer.

Sucks losing "Bleep My Dad Says", but it was underwhelming. And I still, have as yet, to determine if I will survive going into a fall season without being able to stare at Erica Durance every week (sigh.. Smallville). I will miss watching Welling and that whole talented cast. Welling was only okay, but he played the part well. But Durance, and Rosenbaum had the best re-imagining of Lex Luthor and Lois Lane I have seen, no offense to Gene Hackman.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Originally Posted by Josh Steinberg

In addition to the ones noted above, "Rules of Engagement" has been decent for CBS, and "Castle" has started to become something of a hit for ABC.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I totally forgot The Office was a midseason, although yeah, now that I recall - only six episodes or something, pathetically short first season. I've never seen Grey's so I had no idea. I had in my head this idea that no mid-season replacement has actually been successful but it seems I was wrong (this is not a bad thing!).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Josh Steinberg

Since Grey's Anatomy and The Office, Castle has become the biggest hit.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Very pleased that Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five-0 have been renewed for a second season. Blue Bloods should continue to do well in the Friday night 10 pm timeslot next season. It's frustrating when only high demos matter, when it comes to whether a show will get cancelled or renewed.

Blue Bloods is a quality show. It just needs a bit of tinkering with the stories, but the family aspect of the show I don't want to see dropped. I'd hate to see it become a CSI-style show.

Hawaii Five-0 has been beaten regularly in the past few weeks by Castle on Monday nights. The storytelling side of things aside, it seems to me that Castle has been winning the Monday night 10 pm timeslot easy because of having Dancing with the Stars as a lead-in. When Castle hasn't had that show as a lead-in Hawaii Five-0 has done better and won the timeslot. So I don't see what has happened the last few weeks as disastrous for Hawaii Five-0.

As for the new shows on US network TV, the only ones I'm interested in seeing are Awake, Unforgettable, Reaper and Revenge.

Am also very pleased that Law & Order: SVU has been renewed, and that it is keeping the Wednesday night 10 pm timeslot for next season.

Although (and I don't think this has been commented on in this thread so far) I'm concerned about CBS moving CSI to Wednesdays at 10 pm. Remember when CBS aired new series CSI: NY against veteran series Law & Order on Wednesday nights at 10 pm? Law & Order's ratings were already slipping a bit (but the stories were still well written, shot and acted), but it took a knock from CSI: NY. Next season it will be different, with CSI being a veteran show like Law & Order: SVU. But I still think CSI will end up winning the timeslot.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by JeremyR

I was part of a test market on it, and got to watch what was nearly an entire episode. It looked really high quality to me, other than the mom who kind of disappointed. But the test show I watched starred the always wonderful Hector Elizondo, so I'm definitely on board.

Good to hear. I'll definitely look forward to checking it out.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Any fans of Cop dramas, I didn't watch it last summer, but with my free month of HuluPlus, I watched last summers episodes of the 1st season of the summer show Rookie Blue on ABC over the last month and thought it was pretty good. I was a huge fan of Everwood, and the talented young actor Gregory Smith from Everwood and the movie Small Soldiers stars on the show, as does the, exceedingly easy on the eyes Missy Peregrym. It's nowhere near as polished as Blue Bloods, but it should be a good show to record for the summer and watch when the weather doesn't allow you to be outside.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The first season of Rookie Blue finished last Sunday on Universal Channel. It was thoroughly enjoyable and one of the best things on each week. The second season starts on ABC in something like four weeks time.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
TV Guide has a handy grid of the major network schedules.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/fall-schedule.aspx

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
^ Thanks! The networks have done a good job making the upcoming season a lot easier to manage than last year, when I was overwhelmed at times. NBC wiping out its Monday night line-up in favor of the dreadful "Sing-Off" is a big release valve for me. It ensures I'll stick with "House" and give "Terra Nova" a shot on FOX, leaving HIMYM as the only show I'll need to DVR. CW canceling "Life Unexpected" means I can go largely DVR-free from 8 to 10, and CBS shifting "The Good Wife" to Sundays means I can DVR "Body of Proof" instead of waiting for it to show up on ABC's website. Hopefully it'll also allow "Parenthood" to flourish, now that the two highest quality network dramas aren't cannibalizing each others' audiences. Hopefully sticking "Raising Hope" at 9:30 won't kill my favorite half-hour comedy from last year. In between "Glee" and "...Hope" is the "New Girl." Even if it's terrible, I can sit through anything with Zooey Deschanel in it. The previews for "Suburgatory" give me high hopes that ABC has finally found a show it can plug into the middle of its comedy lineup that won't force me to turn the TV off. I love "The Middle", I love "Modern Family", but I've hated everything they've stuck in between them. I might try "Revenge", because there's nothing else on and I really liked Emily VanCamp on "Everwood". I know I'm going to hate "Whitney", because I hate Whitney, but at least NBC conscientiously stuck it at the ass-end of their Thursday comedy lineup. "The Office" will bump "Person of Interest" to the DVR, and the one two punch effectively sidelines my interest in "The Secret Circle." I'll give "Grimm" a shot on Fridays because it's after "Chuck", which is appointment viewing for me. "The Good Wife's" it on Sundays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks