What's new

2011-2012 TV Schedule (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
It's being reported this morning that NBC decided to totally pass on "Wonder Woman". The pilot tested poorly and nobody liked the new costume :

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/12/nbc-rejects-wonder-woman/

I think, too, with NBC already failing with retread shows like "Knight Rider" and "Bionic Woman", a "Wonder Woman" pickup at this point could have branded the new regime at NBC as being creatively bankrupt; especially if "Wonder Woman" crashed and burned which it was most likely apt to do.

Personally, after reading about a "Rockford Files" revival for Fall 2010 only to see NBC back out of that deal at the last second I didn't see any way "Wonder Woman" would get a pickup. "Rockford Files" seemed like a much more viable franchise-reboot for a weekly TV series and it even showed strong sponsor interest during the development stage. So the non-pickup of "Wonder Woman" shouldn't really surprise anyone who was paying attention.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not even the gorgeous Michelle Ryan could salvage the mediocre Bionic Woman. I didn't have much hope for WW, either.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

More from ABC:

Cancelled:
Brothers & Sisters, V, No Ordinary Family, Off the Map, Better With You, Detroit 187 and Mr. Sunshine

And they renewed the recently premiered Happy Endings for another season.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Disappointed about Detroit 1-8-7's cancellation. Another promising-sounding show cancelled.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

More from ABC:

Cancelled:
V, No Ordinary Family, and Mr. Sunshine

Hrrmm...I was probably done with V and NOF, regardless. Still, I always hope for such shows to have a miraculous turnaround.

Mr. Sunshine bums me. I'd started watching it halfway through -- there's a paucity if sitcoms for casual viewing and this was filling a void for me.

I've really got to get Community on Blu-ray.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by DaveF

Hrrmm...I was probably done with V and NOF, regardless. Still, I always hope for such shows to have a miraculous turnaround.

Mr. Sunshine bums me. I'd started watching it halfway through -- there's a paucity if sitcoms for casual viewing and this was filling a void for me.

I've really got to get Community on Blu-ray.

It would have been nice to see a real ending for V and No Ordinary Family. NOF turned itself around after lagging mid season. My Sunshine was OK, but I was enjoying it. I have been watching Happy Endings and its pretty funny, glad to see it renewed. Whats with resurrecting shows from my childhood? Charles Angles and Wonder Woman? Have the networks forgot about the reboots of Knight Rider and Bionic Woman?

Community is only available on DVD. Still well worth a buy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had stopped watching No Ordinary Family after about six episodes, so if it did turn things around, I may look forward to the DVDs of its run to see where they went with it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
More ABC:

Body of Proof also renewed for a second season. The network's mass execution has made way for a record 12 new pick-ups: Good Christian Belles (infamously former title: Good Christian Bitches), a remake of Charlie’s Angels with Robert Wagner (who famously feuded with Aaron Spelling and Leonard Goldberg over his ownership share in the original series) replacing John Forsythe as the voice of Charlie, sitcom Last Man Standing starring Tim Allen, sitcom Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23, fairytale-themed drama(?) Once Upon a Time, sixties primetime spies-and-stewardesses soap Pan Am, supernatural hourlong The River and yet another Shonda Rhimes-produced soap -- this one transplanting the setting from medicine to politics.

CBS:

Kat Dennings (currently getting a lot of attention for her role as the comic relief character in action tentpole Thor) CBS will headline a new comedy called Two Broke Girls, about two young women without money in Brooklyn. The writing staff is headed by “Sex and the City” mastermind Michael Patrick King and standup comedienne Whitney Cummings. Probably attracting the most buzz of any pilot for CBS, the Eye also picked up Person of Interest. It stars Jim Caviezel (Mel Gibson's Jesus) as a former FBI agent recruited by a reclusive and mysterious billionaire, played by Michael Emerson, to stop crimes in New York City before they happen. Emerson is reunited with "Lost" producer J.J. Abrams. The showrunner is The Dark Knight screenwriter Jonathan Nolan.

NBC

Laura Prepon will star as a fictionalized version of Chelsea Handler in a series based on Handler's books and Amanda Peet will star as the white collar half of a class warfare romantic comedy in Bent. Also added: BFFs, yet another tired sitcom about a newly married couple and their single friend and British TV adaptation Free Agents.

The CW

Sarah Michelle Gellar returns to television playing identical twin sisters in Ringer, a pilot originally shot for CBS.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by MattH.

And they renewed the recently premiered Happy Endings for another season.

Very bizarre considering its low ratings. It's an OK show, but I'd have preferred that they'd kept Better With You instead.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Very bizarre considering its low ratings. It's an OK show, but I'd have preferred that they'd kept Better With You instead.

I've been reading that ABC is contemplating another comedy night (possibly Friday), and I wouldn't be surprised to see Happy Endings head to that new night (whenever it might be). We'll know ABC's plans next week when their schedule is announced during upfronts.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Happy Ending" fills that "Friends" comedy niche that I'm sure ABC is hoping to grow its viewership number (almost each character in the cast fills some "demographic"). "Better With You" would be better suited as a more family-friendly comedy on Friday nights if that's the direction ABC was going with family comedies on Friday nights again.

All I know is that I'll be doing my best to cut down on the TV next season unless I hear sensational praise for some of the new shows, these "one and done" season trends are seriously cutting into my enthusiasm for new shows.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

All I know is that I'll be doing my best to cut down on the TV next season unless I hear sensational praise for some of the new shows, these "one and done" season trends are seriously cutting into my enthusiasm for new shows.

That's how I feel about it. This year was the first one in several that I started watching alot of television and most of the shows I watched have been cancelled. It's quite clear the networks don't care about certain demographics so why should I care enough to watch their programming. We don't even know if Blue Bloods is on for next season despite having good overall ratings, but maybe, not good enough for the 18-49 demographic. I guess those of us not in that demographic, don't buy products from their sponsors.

Crawdaddy

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I am happy with the amount of currently aired shows that I watch, and many of my favorites are returning next season. From reading about what's coming up, there aren't more than two or three I'm interested in checking out. I was disappointed that the Edgar Allan Poe pilot (Poe) didn't get picked up. That sounded like something that would have been right down my alley as a mystery buff.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NBC just released their schedule. Spectacularly unimaginative; they've basically written off Monday and Tuesday, and have literally written off Saturday:

imgrepo

Drama Comedy Reality News/Sports

* New Programming

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

NBC just released their schedule. Spectacularly unimaginative; they've basically written off Monday and Tuesday, and have literally written off Saturday:

imgrepo

Drama Comedy Reality News/Sports

* New Programming

Thanks for this. Where in the world is Debra Messing's Smash? They're holding this back for midseason? Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks