Steve Martin -- Pink Panther 2
Eddie Murphy -- Imagine That
John Travolta -- Old Dogs

Worst Actress:
Beyonce Knowles -- Obsessed
Sandra Bullock -- All About Steve
Miley Cyrus -- Hannah Montana: The Movie
Megan Fox -- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Sarah Jessica Parker -- Did You Hear About The Morgans?

Worst Screen Couple:
Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas -- Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience
Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper -- All About Steve
Will Ferrell and any co-star, creature or "comic riff" -- Land of the Lost
Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox or any Transformer -- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner -- Twilight Saga: New Moon

Worst Supporting Actress:

Candice Bergen -- Bride Wars
Ali Larter -- Obsessed
Sienna Miller -- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Kelly Preston -- Old Dogs
Julie White -- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Worst Supporting Actor:
Billy Ray Cyrus -- Hannah Montana: The Movie
Hugh Hefner -- Miss March
Robert Pattinson -- Twilight Saga: New Moon
Jorma Taccone -- Land of the Lost
Marlon Wayans -- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Worst Remake, Rip-off or Sequel:
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Land of the Lost
Pink Panther 2
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Twilight Saga: New Moon

Worst Director:
Michael Bay -- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Walt Beeker -- Old Dogs
Brad Silberling -- Land of the Lost
Stephen Sommers -- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Phil Traill -- All About Steve

Worst Screenplay:
All About Steve
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Land of the Lost
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Twilight Saga: New Moon

Worst Picture of the Decade:

Battlefield Earth
Freddy Got Fingered
Gigli
I Know Who Killed Me
Swept Away

Worst Actor of the Decade:
Ben Affleck
Eddie Murphy
Mike Myers
Rob Schneider
John Travolta

Worst Actress of the Decade:
Mariah Carey
Paris Hilton
Lindsay Lohan
Jennifer Lopez
Madonna

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It'd be awesome if Sandra Bulloch could pull off the Oscar/Razzie double in the same year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I think those Razzie nominations are to chastise actors/actresses who take roles in bad movies.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
G.I.Joe truly deserves a Razzie. Along with Transformers I never thought I could get bored with an action movie.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Transformers 2 might have sucked, but I'm sure there were worse movies made in 2009 that could have been nominated. These awards are going after TF2 because it was hugely popular with a lot of theatre patrons. The Razzies dissing actors/actresses for appearing in bad movies is lame. Actors/actresses are, first and foremost, workers. If they don't work, they don't eat: just like any other worker. Actors would starve if they turned down movie roles on the sole basis that the movie could turn out "bad". Actors/actresses can only afford to become "artistic" once one of the "bad" movies they star in hits the jackpot and ensures their financial well-being. And frankly, in reality, no actor or actress expects a film that they have signed on to to turn out bad. By the time the project turns sour an actor/actress pretty well is committed to finishing the project. In the movie industry, I'm sure it is bigger career poison if you gain a reputation for unreliability than if you end up starring in a bad movie. I'm sure most filmmakers have no illusions that Hollywood is in the business of making great "art". I'm sure that they are aware that the probability of creating bad or mediocre movies is much greater than making great ones. Also, one person's idea of a lousy movie is someone else's idea of great art.
To me, the Razzies are completely useless. So they hand out a Razzie to Bay and his films. Do they think he actually is going to care? He is laughing all the way to the bank because his movie may he bad, but its success at the box office shows that he is more aware of what appeals to the average audience than the people running the Razzies do. His "shitty" movie is allowing him to buy mansions, cars and fine food, as well as guaranteeing that he gets to make yet another "shitty" movie. What do the originators of the Razzies accomplish? I'd say pretty well nothing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Edwin-S

Transformers 2 might have sucked, but I'm sure there were worse movies made in 2009 that could have been nominated.
Yeah, as bad as I thought Transformers was, The Final Destination and Paul Blart: Mall Cop were both worse (although both were mercifully about an hour shorter than Transformers). Like you said though, they nominated Transformers because it's popular and not good so it's an easy target.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks