What's new

2010 Fall Schedule (Updated as the information comes in) (1 Viewer)

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
My wife and I see it as a much thinner schedule coming this coming fall, as compared to the last few falls.

Not unexpected, though. I've been saying for about that long that the Golden Age of Broadcast Television is coming to an end. Seriously, we will have to supplement from somewhere. The OTA channels look like they'll feed us 22 hours per week, which would normally be enough, but that leaves us dry on weeks when reruns are broadcast. A typical series will have 4 weeks of reruns from the season premiere through New Years.

Last fall, we set 27 series up to record, watched 23 of them (just ignoring the other 4), and that kept us entertained. So even if every show we record this fall is not only a ratings success but also something we like, we're still going to be short an hour per week. (And that's including the 4 I indicated above are ones we're likely to either not like or likely to be canceled prematurely.)

It's not just a matter of picking up series on cable. We already do that, so figure that that's factored in. And I don't think we can expect that there will be more cable series to pick up this fall, than last fall. From what I can see, this early, cable isn't significantly increasing their offerings, and so we're as likely to take in just as much (if not less) cable this fall than we did last fall.

So this is what our DVR will probably be set up to record this fall:

Sunday
7:00-8:00 pm 8:00-9:00 pm Fox: The Simpsons
9:00-10:00 pm ABC: Desperate Housewives
10:00-11:00 pm
ABC: Brothers & Sisters

Monday
8:00-9:00 pm
CBS: How I Met Your Mother
Fox: House
NBC: Chuck
9:00-10:00 pm NBC: The Event (new) - Probably will just record and wait for reviews; wait to see if it will make it to the end of the season
ABC: Castle
CBS: Hawaii 5-0 - Probably just will watch first episode

Tuesday
8:00-9:00 pm ABC: No Ordinary Family (new)
CBS: NCIS
9:00-10:00 pm CBS: NCIS: LA
CBS: The Good Wife
NBC: Parenthood

Wednesday
8:00-9:00 pm Fox: Lie To Me
NBC: Undercovers (new)
9:00-10:00 pm ABC: Modern Family/Cougar Town
CW: Hellcats (new) - Probably just will watch first episode

Thursday
8:00-9:00 pm
CW: Vampire Diaires
Fox: Bones
9:00-10:00 pm ABC: Grey's Anatomy
Fox: Fringe
ABC: Private Practice
CBS: The Mentalist

Friday
8:00-9:00 pm CBS: Medium
CW: Smallville (final season)
Fox: Human Target
9:00-10:00 pm ABC: Body of Proof (new)
CBS: Blue Bloods (new) - Probably just will watch first episode
NBC: Outlaw (new) - Probably just will watch first episode

Saturday
8:00-9:00 pm 9:00-10:00 pm 10:00-11:00 pm

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I don't know why, but I love seeing what everyone will be watching. So here is my list:

Tuesday: Glee 8pm

Wednesday: Survivor 8pm, Hellcats 9pm

Thursday: Vampire Diaries 8pm, Community (dvr'd upstairs) 8pm, Big Bang Theory (dvr'd downstairs) 8pm

There are other shows that I am keeping an eye on, but at this point I don't have time to fit them all into my schedule. The Walking Dead will definitely be on my to watch list once the day and time goes up. All I know so far is that it will be airing in October this year during Fearfest.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
dang looks like two of my favorite shows are up against each other. Namely Human Target and Smallville. Decision decisions

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

“THE WHOLE TRUTH”

This unique legal drama chronicles the way a case is built from the perspective of both the defense and prosecution. Showing each side equally keeps the audience guessing, shifting allegiances and opinions on guilt or innocence until the very final scene.

Kathryn Peale, the product of a New England background and a sheriff father, is the Deputy Bureau Chief in the New York State District Attorney’s office. Jimmy Brogan, born and raised in Hell’s Kitchen and a friend of Kathryn’s since their days at Yale Law School, is one of New York’s rising criminal attorney stars. Buoyed by their respective teams, these evenly matched lawyers — each with a strong streak of competitiveness, a fervent belief in their clients and an equally intense passion for the law —
go about creating two different stories from the same set of facts. As this up-close, behind-the-scenes look at the legal process mirrors the excitement of a championship match, it becomes evident that truth has nothing to do with innocence or guilt — at the end of every trial, the only thing that matters is what the jury believes.

“The Whole Truth” stars Rob Morrow (“Numb3rs”) as Jimmy Brogan, Joely Richardson (“Nip/Tuck”) as Kathryn Peale, Eamonn Walker (“Oz”) as Sr. ADA Terrence “Edge” Edgecomb, Sean Wing as Chad Griffin, Anthony Ruivivar as Alejo Salazar and Christine Adams as Lena Boudreaux.

The series is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was written and co-executive produced by Tom Donaghy, and the executive producers are Jerry Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman. Alex Graves was executive producer and director for the pilot, and KristieAnne Reed serves as a co-executive producer.

Weird, IMDB lists both Joely Richardson and Maura Tierney as Katherine Pearle, and the promos feature Maura.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by John_Lee

Weird, IMDB lists both Joely Richardson and Maura Tierney as Katherine Pearle, and the promos feature Maura.

Joely Richardson left the show due to "creative differences" after that press release was issued. Maura Tierney, who has sufficiently recovered from her cancer treatment enough to take on a regular work schedule, was announced as her replacement.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Since new shows start premiering this week, I thought I'd post the fall premiere dates, borrowed from Ausiello:

Tuesday, Sept. 7
Sons of Anarchy, 10 p.m. (FX)

Wednesday, Sept. 8
America’s Next Top Model, 8 p.m. (The CW)
Hellcats, 9 p.m. (The CW)
Terriers, 10 p.m. (FX)

Thursday, Sept. 9
The Vampire Diaries, 8 p.m. (The CW)
Nikita, 9 p.m. (The CW)

Monday, Sept. 13
90210, 8 p.m. (The CW)
Gossip Girl, 9 p.m. (The CW)

Tuesday, Sept. 14
One Tree Hill, 8 p.m. (The CW)
Life Unexpected, 9 p.m. (The CW)
Parenthood, 10 p.m. (NBC)

Wednesday, Sept. 15
Survivor: Nicaragua, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Outlaw, 10 p.m. (NBC)

Thursday, Sept. 16
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 10 p.m. (FX)
The Apprentice, 10 p.m. (NBC)
The League, 10:30 p.m. (FX)

Friday, Sept. 17

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Cartoon Network)

Sunday, Sept. 19
Boardwalk Empire, 8 p.m. (HBO)

Monday, Sept. 20
Dancing With the Stars, 8 p.m. (ABC)
How I Met Your Mother, 8 p.m. (CBS)
House, 8 p.m. (Fox)
Chuck, 8 p.m. (NBC)
Rules of Engagement, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)
Two and a Half Men, 9 p.m. (CBS)
Lone Star, 9 p.m. (Fox)
The Event, 9 p.m. (NBC)
Mike & Molly, 9:30 p.m. (CBS)
Castle, 10 p.m. (ABC)
Hawaii Five-0, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Chase, 10 p.m. (NBC)

Tuesday, Sept. 21
NCIS, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Glee, 8 p.m. (Fox)
The Biggest Loser, 8 p.m. (NBC)
NCIS: Los Angeles, 9 p.m. (CBS)
Raising Hope, 9 p.m. (Fox) NEW
Running Wilde, 9:30 p.m. (Fox)
Detroit 1-8-7, 10 p.m. (ABC)

Wednesday, Sept. 22
The Middle, 8 p.m. (ABC)
Hell’s Kitchen, 8 p.m. (Fox)
Undercovers, 8 p.m. (NBC)
Better With You, 8:30 p.m. (ABC)
Modern Family, 9 p.m. (ABC)
Criminal Minds, 9 p.m. (CBS)
Law & Order: SVU, 9 p.m. (NBC)
Cougar Town, 9:30 p.m. (ABC)
The Defenders, 10 p.m. (CBS)
The Whole Truth, 10 p.m. (ABC)

Thursday, Sept. 23
My Generation, 8 p.m. (ABC)
The Big Bang Theory, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Bones, 8 p.m. (Fox)
Community, 8 p.m. (NBC)
30 Rock, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)
$#*! My Dad Says, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)
Grey’s Anatomy, 9 p.m. (ABC)
CSI, 9 p.m. (CBS)
Fringe, 9 p.m. (Fox)
The Office, 9 p.m. (NBC)
Outsourced, 9:30 p.m. (NBC)
Private Practice, 10 p.m. (ABC)
The Mentalist, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Friday, Sept. 24
Medium, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Smallville, 8 p.m. (The CW)
CSI: NY, 9 p.m. (CBS)
Supernatural, 9 p.m. (The CW)
The Good Guys, 9 p.m. (Fox)
Blue Bloods, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Sunday, Sept. 26
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, 8 p.m. (ABC)
The Simpsons, 8 p.m. (Fox)
The Amazing Race, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)
The Cleveland Show, 8:30 p.m. (Fox)
Desperate Housewives, 9 p.m. (ABC)
Family Guy, 9 p.m. (Fox)
Dexter, 9 p.m. (Showtime)
Brothers & Sisters, 10 p.m. (ABC)
Undercover Boss, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Bored to Death, 10 p.m. (HBO)
Eastbound & Down, 10:30 p.m. (HBO)

Tuesday, Sept. 28
No Ordinary Family, 9 p.m. (ABC)
The Good Wife, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Wednesday, Sept. 29
Law & Order: Los Angeles, 10 p.m. (NBC)

Friday, Oct. 1
Human Target, 8 p.m. (Fox)

Sunday, Oct. 3
American Dad, 9:30 p.m.
CSI: Miami, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Wednesday, Oct. 27
Friday Night Lights (DirecTV)

Sunday, Oct. 31

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Wednesday, Nov. 10
Lie to Me, 8 p.m. (Fox)

Please let me know if you find any screw-ups.

LCD22

Screenwriter
[COLOR= black]I've been debating back and forth on “Lonestar”, whether I would watch (what will be) the only network series this fall (due to it being on Fox). I can see myself tuning in solely for James Wolk who gave a phenomenal performance in "Front of the Class" - he's even being compared to Kyle Chandler; as a huge fan of Kyle's, I completely agree with that assessment, and Adrianne Palicki. But after just watching the 3 minute trailer on YouTube, they have me as a viewer. I pray it will make it. And as for being Dallas-like, I've read it being described as such from the show's creators but “without the cheese". I personally hated "Dallas" and similar primetime soap operas of its ilk -- but this looks promising.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black][/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]I also have right now the third season of Flashpoint on CTV/CBS (yes, I watch it on both), the new seasons of Rick Steves’ Europe in October, Burn Notice and Psych in November, White Collar in January, with Friday Night Lights and Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution next year.[/COLOR]

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the list/reminder, Adam.

I'll be watching Sons Of Anarchy, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Boardwalk Empire, Community, 30 Rock, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Fringe, The Office, Supernatural, The Simpsons, Bored To Death, Eastbound & Down and The Walking Dead. I'll take a look The Event and Detroit 1-8-7 and maybe Hawaii Five-O.

For the record, Star Wars: The Clone Wars starts on September 17 and The Walking Dead starts on October 31.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks