What's new

2010 Emmy Nominations (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Temple Grandin deserved it though. While I enjoyed "The Pacific" it wasn't nearly as transcendent as "Band of Brothers" And Temple Grandin was an absolute accomplishment for direction/acting/writing. If it had been released at the theaters, it'd be in serious Oscar contention

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I stand corrected; "The Pacific" wins Best Miniseries in a category with only two nominees. Tom Hanks accepts. "Temple Grandin" wins Best TV Movie.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Usually I can't stand it when "Based on True Story" nominees make a big deal of highlighting that their subject is in the audience, but it was neat seeing Temple and getting to compare Danes to the reality, many years later. Jimmy Fallon keeps getting worse.

"Man Men" wins Best Drama. I was rooting for "The Good Wife", but even I know where the buzz was this year.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Mad Men is a great show... and we are just finishing the third season on Blu-ray now... but I would have liked to see LOST get it! Knew it was a long shot though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Modern Family" bucks "Glee" and wins Best Comedy! Yay! I love both shows, but "Modern Family" was my favorite comedy last year. "Glee" was far more ambitious, but "Modern Family" was far more consistent.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Fred Savage should be losing his mind.. they used his picture at a commercial break before "In Memorium" and again the in "In Memorium" presentation, and um.. they announce Corey Haim. Fred, are you out there? How did no one catch this ????

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

"Modern Family" bucks "Glee" and wins Best Comedy! Yay! I love both shows, but "Modern Family" was my favorite comedy last year. "Glee" was far more ambitious, but "Modern Family" was far more consistent.

Great to see the Emmy's not get caught up in the hype and reward consistency.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Please next year do not bring John Hodgman back. Do we really need some inane and unfunny comment while the winner walks to the stage?

Fallon did a good job hosting, not the best but far from the worst host I have seen on an awards show.

I have to agree with the previous comments about the “In Memorial” segment. In the future please just play some tasteful music, focus on those who have departed and lose the liver performer.

Now for some random thoughts on some of this year's winner:

Mad Men really is a great show. It is one of the few shows on TV that when an episode ends I am disappoint that there is not more to be had right then and there. While I would not have minded if Lost had gotten the award I’m not disappointed that a quality show like Mad Men continues to garner awards.

Modern Family was a deserving winner. The show’s first season was consistently funny and a treat to watch.

Glad to see Jim Parsons win.

The Best Actor in a Drama category was a real tough one this year. Bryan Cranston did turn in another fine year but I’m kind of disappointed that Hugh Laurie did not win.

I’m glad Kyra Sedwick won for best actress in a drama. She has done an outstanding job on The Closer over the years and she was great last season.

I was surprised but not disappointed that Conan did not win. His show simply did not deserve the award. The show was basically just oh hum for the majority of its’ run and the last weeks of “pissed off Conan” which were very funny did not merit winning over shows that were consistently better over the entire year.

In summary, congrats to the winners and please don’t bring back John Hodgman, simply not funny and distracts from the show.

HTAmateur

Auditioning
Real Name
David
First post on the forum - hi all!

I gotta say I was surprised and impressed with Jimmy Fallon. The song medley of his impersonations of Elton John/Boys2Men/and Green Day was pretty spot on and hilarious. I couldn't believe how quickly he was able to change costumes and also how decent of a singer he was...definitely a highlight for me. (not a great video quality, but gets the point across):

Also, thrilled to see Dexter continuing to get recognition - it's a recent addiction for me.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I'm glad to see Breaking Bad win 2 Emmys, not only for Best Actor, but also Best Supporting Actor. I would say, the best show on TV these days, and one that I hate falling behind. It would have been nice if they won Best Drama as well.

I'm surprised to see The Amazing Race not win an Emmy this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks