What's new

2009 Disney Treasures guesses? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

I don't know if there's been any speculation if/on what Disney Treasures might be released later this year, but I was wondering what might be in the consideration. We know they've finished up the Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, Mickey Mouse series. They finally got around to doing Dr. Syn Alias the Scarecrow, but what's left?

Should they start a few new series? Chip N'Dale, etc?

JamesSmith

Real Name
Håkan Andersson
Almost every cartoon made 1928 - 196X has already been released in WDT. The remaining - a few Chip & Dale and a handful of others that didn't make the rarities edition - isn't enough to fill even one DVD, I think. They can of course fill out with more pre-1928 cartoons (Alice, Oswald) and some later than 196X they have made ("The Small One" for instance). I certainly hope they release what is left in 2009, so the collectors can own every short they ever made.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
A box of the four 1-hour ZORRO "Disneyland" episodes would make a good Disney Treasures. (Maybe even put in the box the feature versions "Sign of Zorro" and "Zorro - The Avenger" from Season 1)

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn

That is a very good guess. There are solid rumors from Disney that Zorro will be included in the next wave with the most likely material being your suggestion. I hope it is true.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I want to see the episode with Kurt Russell and the Osmonds going through the Haunted Mansion

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
They're still missing their eduacational shorts last I checked. I want to see Freewayphobia 1 and 2 again.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I want "Song of the South." It can be preceded by Leonard Maltin, Whoopi Goldberg and President Obama telling us how racist it all is -- whatever -- just release the darn thing already.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
The Prince and the Pauper from 1962 is long overdue. Three episodes and the feature film version with some alternative footage. In widescreen, color, and with Walt's intros. The Light In the Forest, The Mooncussers, and Moseby's Marauders are also in need of restoration and DVD release.

Many of Disney's adult (as in non-juvenile) live action films from the 1950s are released either commercially or as Disney Movie Club Exclusives that are in need of restoration and / or widescreen transfers, including The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952), Rob Roy the Highland Rogue (1953), Johnny Tremain (1957) The Third Man On the Mountain (1959), Toby Tyler (1960) and Kidnapped (1960). The remarkable The Sword and the Rose (1954) hasn't been released on DVD at all.

Disney also needs to reconsider Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959). The box states the film is supposed to be full-screen, which simply isn't true. The pan & scan makes a mess out of Robert Stevenson's compositions. Many of the actors are revoiced and the lyp-syncing is way off. What happend to the original audio?

rockinricky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Edwards

Maybe they can re-release it in a not-so-limited edition that will stay available for a while at a decent price. Out of stock at both DVD Empire and Amazon. (Donald in Mathmagic Land that is.)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I'd like - no, check that - LOVE to see the remainder of the El Fago Baca (or however you spell it) come out. I was really digging that series when the disc ran out. Swamp Fox was cool, but not nearly as good.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger

That IS the original audio. After the film opened to less than desirable numbers, Disney felt the accents were too strong and redubbed the film in "clearer" English. The track on the DVD is the first and correct one. This was verified at a recent screening of the film at the Aero Theatre as well as in Leonard Maltin's book The Disney Films.

Mike S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks