What's new

2008 VMA's (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
So Britney was the big winner of the night, winning 3 moon men for her video Piece of me. SERIOUSLY? Three moon men for a video that came off an album that was put out to take the spotlight off her personal life? Britney who had never won a single moon man before, but was given THREE last night?

So while I didn't quite understand the awards themselves, I did think some of the performances were pretty good. Rhianna, Pink and Christina all did an amazing job. They all sounded and looked fantastic. I was very impressed. I wish I could have seen more of the Ting Tings performance, who by the way I felt should have won Video of the year for Shut up and let me go.

What did everyone else think?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I only watched a little bit of it because my daughter insisted I check out Paramore. For the most part, I thought it as the usual dreadful MTV award show, but I actually liked Paramore and I always like Pink..

Pink, IMO, is one of the most under rated artists out there today.

Is it my imagination, or is rap/hip hop starting to fall off a bit in MTV land? There seemed to be a heavy dose of pop last night I don't recall seeing on MTV award shows in recent years.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Paramore is a good band, but they sounded horrible that night. I agree about Pink, she is definitely underated.

As for hip hop/rap falling off, I don't watch MTV any other time really other than to check out the awards show and usually I fast forward through most of it just to see the acts I want to see.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
QFT re: Britney. Even my 13yr old daughter who listens to all this music was surprised.

On a side note. The British comedian was out of line.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

That guy was awful. MTV must be losing its clout if it can't find someone better than that idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks