1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

2008 Movie Awards Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Thi Them, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

Norbit will haunt him for years to come. [​IMG]

I really hope that Mickey Rourke pulls off the surprise to get the Oscar this year. Sean Penn was amazing in Milk, but Rourke went above and beyond in The Wrestler and easily had the performance of his career.

I'm also hoping Danny Boyle wins best director for Slumdog Millionaire, that film was amazingly shot.

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Thi
    With the news of Mickey Rourke wrestling at Wrestlemania, I think it might hurt his chances at winning the Oscar.

~T

3. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    Rourke was on Larry King tonight and to say it was weird would be an understatement. The wrestler he apparently "insulted" was on the show and threw quite a few insults towards Rourke but to his credit he didn't smart off or anything else. Rourke claimed he was going to take the "high road" but all of this really appeared like a stunt.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Director

Michael Reuben
    Post 16 updated to include the DGA's selection of Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire.