What's new

2008 Fall Schedule (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Law & Order will be back in January (or potentially earlier, should something else on NBC be a ratings disaster).

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Does anyone have a link to when shows actually premiere? I see the schedule, but no dates. Thanks.

Okay, so after sifting through the new fall schedules, here is what I think I might be watching.

Monday: Heroes

Tuesday: Biggest Loser and the new 90210

Wednesday: Pushing Daisies

Thursday: Survivor, My Name Is Earl and Smallville

The thing is, I just don't know enough about most of the new shows to really make a decision on them. I'm kind of sticking with my old shows, other than 90210 ( I'm interested in seeing how they bring back this show as I was a fan of the first 4 seasons).

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Usually, premieres are announced closer to the start of the season.

I know Heroes starts on September 15, and Bones comes back August 27.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun
Life on Friday in the 10-spot is ridiculous, to say the least. Just cancel the show and be done with it.

The good news is that the first season told a pretty much self-contained story. I feel like I've already gotten closure if the show doesn't last.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter C
Why, oh why is According to Jim coming back? Just makes the other ABC cancellations more difficult to deal with.
htf_images_smilies_frown.gif

The main reason is that Jim Belushi was smart enough to know that when ABC came to him and told him he'd need to take a salary cut to keep the show alive they meant it. This last season the show ran on a much leaner budget than previous seasons -- and in my opinion was better for it. The cast was knocked down to Belushi, Courtney Thorne-Smith, Larry Joe Campbell, and the three kids. The other cast members became less expensive recurring characters. Even though the show is dumb as a brick, I enjoy it. Thorne-Smith's real-life pregnancy was the best thing that ever happened to the show; it made Jim Belushi's character have to actually be a parent with his onscreen kids. The two daughters have stepped up this season and doing a good job holding their own with more demanding comedic timing. The show is junkfood for the soul that syndicates well, particularly in late night slots where people are too tired to do much thinking.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRANGER619
Knight Rider coming back ehh? Sweet.

It's going to be interesting to watch it as a series. Even though they're keeping the same cast and car design, the production team will be completely different than the people responsible for the TV movie. They brought the Fast & the Furious guy over from Las Vegas to be showrunner, knocking the miniseries writer down to regular writing staff.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Seaver
They apparently haven't even shot any pilots, and Reaper is apparently the only thing on its bench. I half-suspect that Beauty and the Geek is on tap, too, but that's all kinds of weak, especially if Smallville crashes and burns without half its cast (especially if they lose Allison Mack).

Thank God Reaper is on their bench though. Since giving up on Smallville it's the only CW show I'm still loyal to. More and more, the CW is feeling like a failed experiment.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Seaver
Check it out - Fox. For some reason, they seem to really want to move Bones to Friday at 8pm; that was part of the plan last year. They've flip-flopped Terminator and Prison Break and don't seem to have either penciled in for spring.

I have a feeling that Terminator is going to get crushed against Chuck. I really enjoy both shows and so will tape Terminator and watch Chuck but I bet a lot of others who enjoy both will drop Terminator for Chuck. The Bones move makes no sense to me. Not only did Bones and House fit each other well as character-driven science mystery shows, but they also share a sense of humor. I never really set aside the time to watch Bones, but when I got home early for House I wouldn't hesitate to watch it. Fox isn't even in my headspace on Wednesdays.
Quote:

Til Death appears to be more evidence that dumb guy/tolerant woman comedies simply cannot be killed despite the fact that it's hard to find people who actually like them.

I would have been bummed that Til Death survived and Back to You was killed until the producers of the latter worked so hard to ruin it upon returning from the strike. Now I can go back to just ignoring Fox sitcoms all together.

My current schedule for the fall:
MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday8:00Chuck (NBC)Terminator... (Fox) [Tape]House (Fox)Knightrider (NBC)My Name is Earl (NBC)Ugly Betty (ABC) [Online]Crusoe (NBC)8:30Project Gary (CBS) [Tape]30 Rock (NBC)9:00Heroes (NBC)Fringe (Fox) he Office (NBC) 9:30 10:00 Lfe on Mars (ABC)Life (NBC)10:30 Returning Show New Timeslot New howBench: [*][COLOR= #FFCC33]According[/COLOR] to Jim (ABC)
[*]Scrubs (ABC)
[*]Reaper (CW)
[COLOR= #FF33FF]Dollhouse (Fox)[/COLOR]

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
My network schedule is considerably lighter than the past 2 seasons.

Sunday
8:00 CBS - The Amazing Race
8:00 FOX - The Simpsons
8:30 FOX - King of the Hill
9:00 FOX - Family Guy

Monday
8:00 NBC - Chuck
8:00 CW - Gossip Girl

Tuesday
10:00 CBS - Without a Trace
10:00 ABC - Eli Stone

Wednesday
8:00 NBC - Knight Rider
10:00 ABC - Dirty Sexy Money

Thursday
strangely... nothing

Friday
nothing

Saturday
nothing

To DVD-ville - Brothers & Sisters, The Unit, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Boston Legal, Terminator: SCC, NCIS, Law & Order: SVU, Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl, CSI, Supernatural, Numb3rs

Rocky F

Second Unit

LCD22

Screenwriter
Well, with two network favorites cancelled (as well as one Canadian and two summer cable series that won't be returning), my fall schedule looks like this:

Sunday
The Unit

Monday
Corner Gas (CTV - the final season)

Tuesday
nothing

Wednesday
nothing

Thursday
Lost (on the bench)

Friday
Numb3rs
Friday Night Lights (NBC - on the bench)
Monk (winter season)
Psych (winter season)

Saturday
nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks