What's new

2007 NFL Off-Season Discussion Thread (Including Vick's troubles) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Plummer wants to be sent to a team that will guarantee him the starting spot at QB. So he's playing the retirement card for now, but things may change (though Chris Sims is probably going to be named the starter for the Bucs).

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
There is a big rumor going around Lions country this morning with a trade for the #2 overall pick. The Lions and Jets would swap first round picks, the Jets then send Jonathan Vilma, and their second round pick and a second round pick next your to Detroit. Would be nice for the Lions to get a pro bowl caliber mlb and picking up more draft picks. I love this time of year for all the rumor and innuendo.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
That would tell me that the Jets are looking at either a QB or likely Calvin Johnson.

In other news, DE Patrick Kearney leaves the ATL for the Seattle for 6 yrs and 39.5 million.

And QB Brad Johnson is headed to Dallas to backup Romo.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Luke Pettigout is going to the Buccs and Joey Porter is headed to the Dolphins for 5 yrs 32 million(20 of it guaranteed).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I heard the Lions - Jets rumor a few days ago, but it sounds pretty far-fetched to me. The speculation was the Jets were interested in either Peterson or Calvin Johnson. They have since acquired Thomas Jones, so their interest would probably be Johnson.

The Dolphins released Joey Harrington and Randy McMichael. They replaced McMichael by signing David Martin from the Packers. That's a step down for Miami.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
He's probably getting tired of being a "stop gap" QB for a different team every season. No one wants him as a permanent starter, only as a fill-in until they find someone better.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Scott,
Releasing McMichael meant to me that he was overpriced(for what they were willing to pay) and his past history meant he had to go. He'd be a perfect Cincinnati Bengal :)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
You know what they say, one teams trash is another's treasure. Look at how the Lions keep picking up St. Louis' trash and how well it has worked..oh wait...never mind.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Happy trails, Joey Porter. I was kinda hoping he would go to a division rival so the Steelers could play him twice a year! Imagine the stupid stuff Joey would say. Oh well, at least he got himself a lot of money from the 'fins.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Chiefs are in negotiation with Trent Green (QB), but it sure sounds like they want him to go elsewhere, trade him or retire.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how Jed feels about that one... Jed?

Jets signed former Cowboy DE Kenyon Coleman. He's getting 20 million and 7 guaranteed. They are still vastly overpaying for him.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
TE Daniel Graham signs with the Dever 5 yrs 30 million($15 guaranteed).

Someone asked about the Giants, well they are in deep tapioca right now. They lost both of their tackles on the O-Line. C Shaun O'Hara is their only signing.

They are also going to lose their kicker and 2 of their Linebackers. They really haven't done ANYTHING so far.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Giants also lost Tiki Barber to retirement, and have not added a replacement running back yet. I doubt they want last year's backup -- Brandon Jacobs -- to carry the primary load. NY also lost their backup tight end to Minnesota. Considering how often Shockey is injured, that loss could be significant.

Kevin Curtis fired his agent, and under NFL rules cannot hire a replacement for 5 days. That puts his possible signing with Detroit, Minnesota, or another team on hold. He cancelled his trip to the Giants because of the agent issue.

Damn! When did Daniel Graham get his own NFL team? I completely missed that news! :laugh:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Your are great Shane...you and Scott have become our ESPN Insiders for the HTF. :)

Could've been worse, many years ago in Greenville Tx (Greenville Herald Banner) when Deon Sanders played for the Cowboys and he hurt his back or something, inside the Sports section had Deon's pic and below stated:

"Deon has bulging dick"....
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Needless to say that edition sold out rather fast or was pulled very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread