What's new

2007 NFL Off-Season Discussion Thread (Including Vick's troubles) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Vegas had the Falcons as 110-1 odds to win the Super Bowl, but there were other teams with higher odds against them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'd wager that none of the following teams will win the Super Bowl this season:

Detroit, Tennessee, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Houston, Oakland, Cleveland, Atlanta, Arizona, Miami, KC, NY Jets, NY Giants, Minnesota. That's 14 out of 32 teams... almost half the league.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'd add Buffalo, San Francisco and St. Louis to that list.

Cincinnati depends on if they can find enough guys to play in the work release program.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
They weren't that far off last year, so I don't think you'll be institutionalized. ;)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Don't get me wrong, I think the 49ers have a good chance of winning the West, but that and winning the SB are 2 different problems, and I don't like the receiving core they have especially with Jackson always good to drop a few passes at the worst possible time.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Curtis Martin calls it quits. A very underrated running back IMHO.

Also Charles Tilman agrees with the Bears on a new 6 yr 38 million dollar contract. 18.5 of that is guaranteed.

I guess these cornerback signings sure make Lance Briggs seem wanted ;)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I wouldn't say he is underrated. He just never pursued any media attention. He'll be a first ballot HoFer for certain. There were quite a few years I expected him to beat the rushing record.

And he's a top shelf guy, to boot.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I know what all you guys were thinking. Boy this Michael Vick thing is interesting to discuss, but I wonder what Deion Sanders has to say about it?

Well, Deion weighs in and given how big of a Deion fan our own Scott Merryfield is I'll just bet Scott will have a few comments once he sees this.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Well, I feel much better about Michael Vick after reading the insightful comments of the well-respected Deion Sanders. :rolleyes:Who is/was more overrated -- Deion Sanders the football player or Deion Sanders the football analyst?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This, to me, his Deion's most disturbing quote. I infer from this that he knows many people who enjoy dogfighting and one of them is Vick. He's just nominated himself as a prosecution witness. He approves of a situation in which a living creature that feels pleasure, joy, and pain will fight to the death, not because it was born in nature to do that, but because he was taught to do it. Obviously he feels a human shouldn't be subjected to that, they have the opportunity to "tap out." It's ok to let the animal suffer and it's ok to artificially create that opportunity for suffering, just for entertainment.

I have usually taken the position that one's belief's should not cost them their employment. When Jane Fonda went to Viet Nam, she really pissed me off, but I continued to enjoy her movies. When the Beatles thought they were bigger than Jesus, I continued to enjoy their music, likewise for the Dixie Chicks stuff. Truth be told, the last two were in line with my opinions, but I hold that people can say what they believe and keep their job.

However, Sanders has really pushed my button. Is he still doing pre-game for a network, which one? I will not contribute to his paycheck anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks