What's new

2007 NFL Off-Season Discussion Thread (Including Vick's troubles) (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
That got caught? Probably not, but I remember hearing some of those Cowboy stories from the early nineties. The white house or whatever they called it, they just never got caught.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Frank Gore signs a 5 year 28 million dollar extension. This sounds kinda low if you ask me especially when Mcgahee got 41 million and most cornerbacks get 30 over the same timeframe.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit

Waaaaaahhhh!!

I don't buy it. As the head of the rules committee said during the press conference, NFL kickers set a new record for accuracy last year, at over 80%. Blaming a ball boy (not fans here at HTF, but that assistant coach) because your QB choked and couldn't handle the snap is stupid.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Besides the fact that multiple balls obviously helps speed up game play, I don't know why the need to go to the trouble of having playing balls versus kicking balls. Just use the same 12 or so and be done with it.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Wow, I'm surprised the Bengals aren't higher. I guess that's something to be proud of...:D :rolleyes

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I wish that PFT had started this last year, the Bengals would've been run-away champs. Although, the Bengals did inspire the 2006 All-turd team on which they were well represented and of course receiver overall had a long list of worthy choices.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought the reason for introducing kicking only balls was to diminish the importance of the kicking game. I thought that I had read that the K balls are shaped a little different and can't be kicked as far.

I'm not saying kickers aren't important, just that the NFL thought kickers had gotten so good, they were having too big an impact on the game.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Hey, it would be a matchup of one franchise that has won something in the past with no immediate hope of winning, against one franchise that has never won anything with no hope of winning anything...ever.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
News has been slow lately, but here's an interesting one: Carr signs with Panthers. I really thought he would end up in Oakland or Minnesota. This increases the possibility of the Raiders taking Russell in the draft, IMO. Also, I have no idea who the Vikings are going to get to play QB this season. They may have to call Bledsoe or Harrington. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks