1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

2007 MTV VMAs

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Phil_L, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Phil_L

Phil_L Second Unit

Wow.....Britney Spears. Holy cow, that was bad. I actually like the new track, Gimme More, and have always liked Brit, but this was unwatchable. She was either distracted, uninterested, nervous or drunk. She was totally detached from the performance, made no effort to make her lip-syncing passable (why even wear the headset?) and seemed to blank on the lyrics and choreography. She blew what could have been a golden moment for her.

The show itself was a trainwreck too. I guess the MTV audience has an attention span of a gnat, with the bizarrely arranged and abbreviated performances. Did anyone beside Alicia Keys sing live?

2. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

lame show. bring back the 93-94 era

3. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Alon Goldberg
    Talk about washed up.. no effort whatsoever... I feel sorry for her, coke is a bad habit [​IMG]

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

No desire to watch the awards, but watched the clip on Youtube. That's 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Talk about someone completely out of it.. she looks as though she just can't be arsed to put in any effort. And, while I am normally someone who feels women get too hard of a task put on them with body issues... she should not be walking around in that outfit to promote her career unless she loses about 10-15lbs.

5. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    That was the worst VMA show I've seen. What a terrible, disorganized production.

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

7. Lucia Duran

Lucia Duran Screenwriter

Trainwreck or not, I thought it was a low blow to make such a mean joke about her kids. It's just cruel.

8. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    Go Sarah Silverman.... She's a Goddess in my book. [​IMG]

I don't have the stomach to watch MTV, so I don't know exactly what Sarah said, but if it got Brit angry and upset, maybe some good will come out of the night. This might be the slap in the face Brit needs to get her life together and actually become a mother for her two kids.

Making fun of kids this age is not that bad. They aren't old enough to care. If they were older, I would think making fun of them would be a little more taboo. Besides, Leno and Letterman have made the same jokes. It isn't like this is the first time. Brit should be used to it by now. That is why I think it is just an excuse for her bad performance. Besides, if she was this concerned about her kids, she should try to stay home, keep the kids out of the public, and wear some panties. In other words, she should grow up.

9. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

When Sarah Silverman did the vertical smile I about lost it! The audience sure looked uncomfortable but no more so than during Britney's performance.

10. Brent M

Brent M Producer

The VMAs haven't been watchable for about 10-12 years now so I didn't even waste my time watching the dreck last night. Besides, I figured every damn channel on TV would be talking about Britney's "comeback" performance today and it looks like I was 100% right about that one.

11. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    your youtube video no longer works, viacom copyright infringement...

12. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

sarah silverman is a hack

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

14. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I know Sarah's type of humor is not for everyone, but the term "hack" doesn't apply. She is very original. Sure, she is vulgar and edgy and offends a lot of people. That is fine, you don't have to like her. It is just not fair to say she is a "hack".

To me, "hack" implies she steals jokes. I have not heard any other comedians do the stuff she does. Most wouldn't dare. [​IMG]

15. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    check out this psycho on youtube addressed to all of us making fun of Britney

I haven't laughed so hard

16. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

If that's an act, that guy is a better actor than De Niro. Unfortunately, I think he means it.

EDIT: As for Britney, I think the scariest aspect of all of this is realizing what a stabilizing influence Kevin Federline must have been for her.

17. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

no hack pretty much describes her...if she was stealing material we would call her a thief. If she isn't taking low blows at someone she isn't funny at all...making fun of Britney's kids wasn't funny at all, it was a cheap attempt at humor...maybe it was funny for the 15-17 year olds that were watching, idunno.

I tried to sit through her HBO/Showtime? special and fell asleep.

She is awful

18. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Comedy is subjective.

To me, making fun of the kids of some crazy white trash hillbilly who hit the lotto mostly because she used to be able to shake her ass is very funny. That doesn't make me a 15 to 17 year old, it means I have a different opinion of what is funny.

19. Brent M

Brent M Producer

Exactly. While I personally get tired of Sarah Silverman's act pretty quickly, I don't think she was out of bounds with her comments especially since everyone else on the planet is thinking exactly what she said. The same thing happened a few months ago when she destroyed Paris Hilton at another MTV awards show. If these celebrities don't like being made fun of they should take a look at their lives and realize that they're bringing all of this ridicule on themselves with their behavior.

20. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I found the jokes about Brit's kids really funny. The same for Letterman and Leno's joke about them.

If you take your kids into the spotlight, you shouldnt be surprised if they get mentioned.

As for Sarah Silverman's comedy in general, I like it. I guess that makes me a bad person. [​IMG]