1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

2007-2008 NFL season discussion thread

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Sun, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Right now it's hard to determine which organization is run worse -- Oakland or Detroit. It's difficult to believe that Al Davis has regressed into this, since he used to be one of the brightest minds in football. Now, he just looks like a senile old fool.

2. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Sometimes, things just are as they appear to be. Nothing more nothing less. Such as the case with Davis. On the other hand, I am interested and curious to see how the whole Tom Brady injury thing plays out, real or fake?

3. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I think Brady's injured but it will turn out to be pretty minor. That said, I'm sure if Belichick sees an advantage to keeping him 'hidden' from the press or in the boot he'll do it.

4. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Oh come now, we both know how you'll answer this question soon enough. Sure, the last 5 years have not been so kind (I'm being diplomatic here) for the Raiders but 5 years does not catch up to decades of futility, though they sure do seem to be giving it the ol' college try don't they?

I really don't have any comment on this whole situation because I really don't care. I'm num to the whole thing. It isn't that I've given up or anything it is just that I don't have time to care much though I do keep pretty well informed on what's going on.

As for the game next week, I like the Patriots. I don't see how you can't at this point.

5. Scott Merryfield

Casey, there was an article in yesterday's Detroit News by columnist and radio host Bob Wojnowski that supports your statement. Enjoy, and know that it could be worse in Raiderland. [​IMG]

6. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Great article by Wojo and I couldn't agree more. In Millen's whole time here, this does feel like darkest days, and he should be up for an extension soon!

7. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Chainsaw Dan Snyder gets rid of Gregg Williams and Al Saunders. I don't think Saunders is a huge loss, but the Skins always had a solid defense with Williams at the helm. He's a much better than average DC. In his place, they hired their own D-Line coach...remember all of that awesome Skins D-Line play??? Me either, as their D-Line was the weakest part of the unit. Explain that to me. Or Snyder.

I'd be perfectly happy for the Cowboys to hire Gregg Williams.

8. Scott Merryfield

The Redskins seem to have things backwards, IMO. Snyder is hiring the assistant coaches before he hires the head coach. Usually the head coach gets to pick his staff.

9. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    I'm waiting for one of the Giants to guarantee a Super Bowl victory. [​IMG]

10. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Plaxico said the Giants would win 23-17 and he is sticking to it. If the score is reversed, thats fine, as long as they cover. [​IMG]

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Good grief, why give Bellichick one more piece of motivation fodder for his team? Look for Buress to get double-teamed into being a non-factor.

12. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David

Wow, that article was depressing. I mean we all think it, but to see it in black and white is almost too much.

And Plaxico...that was just stupid.

13. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Thomas
    The Bengals have signed Jordan Palmer, brother of Carson Palmer, to a two-year contract. He is also a QB.

How many brothers have played together on the same team, let alone in the NFL?

We've got the Mannings and the Barbers...anyone else?

14. Trey Fletcher

Trey Fletcher Second Unit

Off the top of my head, I know that Julius and Thomas Jones are brothers. Not sure if Tim and Matt Hasselbeck are brothers or cousins. I'm sure there are others.

15. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    At this stage of the game all of that bulletin board garbage is exactly that garbage. The Patriots are trying to win their fourth Super Bowl by completing an undefeated season, that's all the motivation they need or should handle right now.

16. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Yes, Tim and Matt are brothers, so are the Bullocks who are both safties and started side by side in college. There is also Thomas and Julius Jones, Champ and Boss Baily, the Ayanbadejo brothers,

I do think its funny that Brady mentioned today that he was a bit insulted by Plaxico's prediction. Not the fact that he predicted that NY would win, but that the Pats would only score 17. He thought that part was funny.

17. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Found this neat list of all brothers that have ever been in the league at the same time. There are more current ones than I could remember, the obvious Holt brothers, the Gbaja Biamila brothers, KEMOEATU. One of the ones from the past that I didn't know about was Mario and Michael Bates, I thought they were related, not brothers. Anyhow, enjoy. http://www.profootballhof.com/assets...pr_20_2007.pdf

18. Scott Merryfield

I recall Eddie and Walter Payton being in the league at the same time. I thought they played together on the Bears briefly, but that does not appear to be the case, according to the link provided by Brandon.

I agree. These quotes are usually take out of context and blown way out of proportion by a media looking for any new tidbit to report on in the most over-covered sporting event in the country.

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I look at these player predictions as a game of "who's gonna blink first" in a stare-down, and Plaxico blinked first, and demonstrated a small lack of focus. Did laugh at Brady's incredulous reaction to the prediction of only scoring 17 points on Sunday.

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

From 2000, Chris Berman had a meltdown (definitely NSFW):