What's new

2007-2008 NFL season discussion thread (1 Viewer)

James_S

Second Unit
I am no Ricky Williams fan, but I agree. A guy that hasn't carried the ball since 2005 shouldn't be out there playing, especially in those field conditions. But yes, I am sure that fact that he got stepped on sure didn't help.

I am also saddened by the news of Taylor's death. He was just starting to get his life back in order. May he RIP and thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Miami didn't really have a lot of options and they thought Williams gave them the best chance to win. I'm not sure I blame them for the move, but the outcome is a bummer.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Seeing as how it is just Wednesday morning quarterbacking at this point; I probably would have looked at how bad the field was, taken into account how long he had been out of the league, and saved him one more week to take on the Jets. Granted Miami didn't have many options, but there were two other RB's behind him, one of which also was injured in the game.

Oh well, figure now that he is laid up he can go back to the bong hits.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Miami also had a rookie available that they did not even activate for the game -- Lorenzo Booker. They must be very disappointed in that draft pick if they went with Williams instead, when he couldn't possibly be in football shape.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It's a bad deal for Williams and for the team. But even if he had played in 5 games before hand, having a cleat stomped into your chest would generally be bad no matter what kind of conditioning or preparedness you had underwent.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
WEEK 13 PICKS

Green Bay over Dallas
Carolina over San Francisco
Indianapolis over Jacksonville
Detroit over Minnesota
San Diego over Kansas City
Jets over Miami
Washington over Buffalo
Tennessee over Houston
St. Louis over Atlanta
Philadelphia over Seattle
Arizona over Cleveland
Denver over Oakland
New Orleans over Tampa Bay
Giants over Chicago
Cincinnati over Pittsburgh
New England over Baltimore

Last Week 13-3
Overall 105-71

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'll just make tonight's pick and edit in the rest later in the week.

Dallas over Green Bay

St. Louis over Atlanta
Washington over Buffalo
Minnesota over Detroit
Tennessee over Houston
Indianapolis over Jacksonville
Miami over NY Jets
San Diego over Kansas City
Seattle over Philadelphia
Carolina over San Francisco
New Orleans over Tampa Bay
Arizona over Cleveland
Denver over Oakland
NY Giants over Chicago
Pittsburgh over Cincinnati
New England over Baltimore

Last week 12 - 4
Season 112 – 64

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just like in the 90's, the Cowboys will beat Packers tonight, and again if they meet in the playoffs, assuming the game is in Dallas.

I can remember hearing Packer fans saying how unfair it was, for their team to have to play the Cowboys in Dallas, 7 times in a row in the series. Can't blame them, since the only times Brett Favre has beaten them are the only times he faced them at Green Bay.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's different.. they had originally said it was a torn pectoral muscle, because a cleet punctured his uniform. I bought that.. shoulder.. a bit harder to buy.

Welp, since I don't have dish, I'll be listening to the game tonight on SIRIUS.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Well, I'm watching, and Dallas has blown a 17 point lead to what is now a real game.

In truth, had Brett stayed capable of playing, this game would be in bed. He was playing very poorly. Rodgers has played quite a good game, and Dallas self-destructed for quite a while. But they might be back on track. Still, no matter what, I don't feel great about this game as a Dallas fan. Yet again, plenty of Dallas penalties have kept the game closer than the play should.

5 minutes to go.

RichardK

Second Unit
Cowboys win. For Packers fans they should be thankful Favre got hurt and hat to sit out the rest of this game. The Cowboys let their guard down when Rodgers came in and Rodgers played well to his credit. Cowboys had 2 dropped TD's in the endzone and one for a pick. Those penalties on the Packers didnt help them at all when they were trying to stay close and possibly win. Bottom line is, Cowboys took care of business tonight and will have bye and homefield when it comes to Playoff time....How 'bout them Cowboys!!!

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Its great when my Fantasy team featured Brett Favre and Donald Driver and I'm fighting for the last playoff spot. Did I mention the guy right behind me for that last playoff spot has Romo and TO? Sweet. Like the Lions, I better start my draft strategy and figure out what WR to take with my first pick next year.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Unlikely. He's played with this type of injury before.

Dallas looked lax in the 2nd half almost as if they let their guard down.

Favre is now 0-9 at Dallas. I know Dallas's record at GB is just as poor. That's why home field advantage between these 2 teams is huge. A win is a win at this point.

Detroit is up next for Dallas.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Dallas looked lax from the moment Favre walked off the field until the Pack pulled within 3. They played a pretty mediocre game, and were lucky that Woodson didn't play. They also were the beneficiary of a close (not a bad) PI call and a very early theft by Harris that was ruled not to have happened before the whistle (correctly, but...Harris TOOK the ball from TO in bounds - they blew the whistle too soon).

That said, if Dallas stayed focused, they would have blown the doors of that team. The Pack got quite a few breaks as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks