What's new

2007-2008 NFL season discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Fargas has always seemed fragile to me, even going back to his days at Michigan.

There have been rumored discussions between Tampa and Minnesota, with the Bucs being interested in either Chester Taylor or Mewelde Moore. However, midseason trades almost never happen in the NFL, so I would be surprised if anything came of this.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Hey, he was at Michigan first and suffered a major injury there. He is fragile and will never be a full time back, but a decent fill in.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

I was at that Wisconsin game and that was one wicked leg snap. Hard to believe there was once a time when a RB could transfer to USC to get more playing time because Michigan was too stacked with talent at that position.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Trades in the NFL have been more common the past 3 or 4 seasons than in previous years. Teams have now figured out how to use the salary cap so that they are able to pull off trades.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit

Damn, I had no idea Fargas played for UM. Just remembered him coming out of SC. But yes, it is funny to think of him tranfering to SC for playing time considering how ridiculously stacked they are at the position now.

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Week 5 Picks

Houston over Miami
Tennessee over Atlanta
Detroit over Washington
Giants over Jets
Seatle over Pittsburgh
Arizona over St. Louis
New Orleans over Carolina
New England over Cleveland
Jacksonville over Kansas City
Indy over Tampa Bay
Baltimore over San Francisco
San Diego over Denver
Green Bay over Chicago
Dallas over Buffalo

The Bye Week over Cincy

Last Week 5-9
Overall 28-34

tyler

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Well, Tyler does have a way more objective view of that game than you or I Scott, plus, I actually think the Lions break the streak, they have to at some point don't they?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
SD has a poor record in Denver and since they've forgotten how to score points, I don't see how you can pick them to win today.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Carolina over New Orleans
Jacksonville over Kansas City
Washington over Detroit
Tennessee over Atlanta
Houston over Miami
Pittsburgh over Seattle
New England over Cleveland
Arizona over St. Louis
NY Giants over NY Jets
Indianapolis over Tampa Bay
Denver over San Diego
Baltimore over San Francisco
Green Bay over Chicago
Dallas over Buffalo

Season breakdown:

Week 1 7 – 9
Week 2 9 – 7
Week 3 10 – 6
Week 4 7 – 7

Overall 33 – 29

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Eh, what do I know, may as well become bitter Lions fan, its easier that way. The offensive line is horrible and Backus is way over rated.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I'll go ahead and update that to 0-21. Man, is Kitna slow. The offensive line has been horrible today, but Kitna just looks like he is running in sand wearing lead cleats with super glue on the bottom.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Big bounce back game by the Bears tonight. Griese had a pretty good night and the Bears' D was once again the Bears' D. Benson even had a few decent runs.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

News flash, David -- it's just not today that the offensive line has been terrible. It's been that way for years. Brandon is correct that Backus is overrated, and I'll add overpaid. He looked completely inept today. Millen has failed to invest properly in the OL during his seven years here.

So, not only are the Lions 0-21 in D.C., they are also 0-12 vs. Joe Gibbs. Oh, and it's been 50 years since their last title, with only a single playoff win since then.

We know how Cubs fans feel.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Here is something interesting against the Detroit defense:

J. McCown30/403132TD
McNabb 21/26381 4TD
J.Campbell 23/29 248 2TD

Check out those completion percentages. That means the QB's are getting way to much time. I thought the Lions front four was one of the best in the league. Its not just the offensive, but the defensive lines that aren't doing their job. I think that I could have stood in the pocket yesterday and found someone to throw the ball to, thats how much time he had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks