What's new

2006 Subaru Impreza line (1 Viewer)

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
What does everyone think of the new look for the Impreza?

http://www.tuningnews.net/news/05062...preza-2006.php

I like from certain angles but at times it looks too much like a Suzuki. Also whats with the Hitler moustache type grill on new cars. I think Audi's are now ugly because of it. The Subaru isn't too bad because of the "side" grill's.
I'm thinking of getting an Impreza Wagon as my next vehicle. There are places I would like to kayak but can't get to with a beetle.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Have you seen the new Saab 9-2x? Take a look! With the current incentives, they are a hell of a bargain!!!

BTW I love Subarus.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
There is a lot of talk on the Subby boards about the new Subarus having a grill that reminds them of the Alfa Romeos.

I love my '05 OBXT, there are some things I think still could be improved upon, brakes need to be improved, the AC reminds me of HAL, the suspension is a little floaty.

But as far as the power, AWD, height of the ride, I love mine. I love being able to really comfortable sleeping in the back. (A 40" twin size air mattress fits perfectly in the back)...

I saw a Tribeca the other day, things huge! It's got that new grill style too.

Jay

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
apparently the alfa-like style is coz subaru hired an ex alfa-romeo designer... or so ive heard

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator
That's the first pic I've seen of the base Impreza. Without the WRX's hood scoop (and in a neutral shade instead of World Rally Blue) it looks much better. The bulge on the hood blends more smoothly and it sort of de-emphasizes the Alfa-esqueness. The new look is definitely growing on me, now I'm eager to see one in the flesh.

Now that I think about it, I think I've seen about three of the current generation base Imprezas on the road in the last four years. AWD just isn't that big of a selling point on a small sedan in an area that sees more than a dusting of snow only once or twice a year, but it makes sense in the WRX. Now if you could just order the wagon in STi trim...

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit

The fact that it takes time to grow to like it means it's ugly, like the MY02 bug-eyes. That's why people swapped them for morettes or put eye-lids on them. Does any man need time to get used to Charlize Theron? ;)

I've wanted an STi for a while but my responsible side says no. Now, I've got to wait even longer.

I too, don't like Audi's new nose job or the Tribeca. Both are quite hideous.

I think the new 3-series is amazing though.

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator

It doesn't necessarily mean it's ugly, some cars just don't come across as well in photographs as they do in three dimensions. It's similar to how some actresses look stunning in movies, but skew homely in still photos.

I guess I'm one of the weirdos who like the bug-eyes. The 04-05 lights are better, but the earlier design, especially with the large driving lights low in the bumper, still looks good to me.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor

When I first saw the new Beetle I thought it was ugly, after about 6 months I started liking them. I have owned two since then. :D The Impreza is growing on me much faster than the Beetle.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
NickSo, you wrote:

That is absolutely true. In fact, the Tribeca B9 SUV has a lot of Alfa Romeo styling influences. By the way, I've heard an all-new Impreza (designed from the ground up) is coming for the 2007 model year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks