What's new

2006 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

A 1-legged, Drunken, woman groaping, bitching, money grabbing, 0-armed, cross-eyed, 0-wonderlic scoring, 100 year old, 30 years dead Daunte Culpepper is still preferable to Kerry Co(the 2 L's were just intercepted)ins

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Casey, please stop holding back and let us know how you really feel!

I don't really have a problem with the Lions keeping Bryson, as long as he isn't used as the primary back. He is a good backup or third down back...to a point.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A co-worker who's a big Vi-Queens fan just told me Minny has agreed to trade Culpepper to the Rams for Bulger and a 4th round pick. He saw this on one of his Vikings news websites (sorry, I don't have a link, but he claims the site was also the first to correctly report the Moss trade last season). Supposedly, the deal will not be announced until Saturday.

While I would still file this as a "rumor" until a major news source confirms, it would be a good deal for the Vikings, IMO. Culpepper's value is not that high right now, due both to the knee injury and Minnesota's need to dump him quickly. Getting a starting QB and a mid-round pick would be good value under those circumstances.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Interesting rumor, Scott. That trade sounds good for the Vikings until you remember the numerous injuries Bulger had last year. He's had problems with concussions and his shoulder I believe, so his health is just as questionable in my book.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I can tell you where that rumor originated. I was listening to the Profootballtalk.com podcast last night, and that's where the trade was mentioned first...the reasoning being that the new Rams coach used to be the OC in Minnesota when Culpepper put up big numbers. Its a good trade if they pull it off.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

You asked for it...

Kerry Collins sucks. No, he doesn't just suck, he sucks every minute of every day. He sucks in the morning, the afternoon, and he's consistent enough to suck at night. He sucks 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and when there is a leap year he is undaunted and manages to suck that day as well. He sucks on Monday-Saturday, and sucks twice on Sunday. So Rich Gannon had a broken neck and may have died if he had played again...at least he didn't suck!
In fairness, I don't know if his sucking so spectacularly is all his fault, his line probably sucks too, but then again there may have been a transfer of suck from Collins to his line I guess we won't know.
If he is the QB in Oakland next season I will cry a lot because he sucks.

You want to know how much I think he sucks?

I'd rather have Joey Harrington.

Yeah, I know, he sucks too.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Personally I blame most of the problems with what happened with the Vikings on Mike Tice. Hire a criminal moron with no ethics or moral compass for a head coach and guess what? You probably will have similar players. I don't remember these issues when Denny Green was there. Moss has always had emotional issues but didn't become a really bad teammate until the Tice era and his lenient ways. I still think breaking up potentially the best tandem in football history is a shame to do to the people of Minnesota, but I guess they don't feel that way since they blame Culpepper and Moss for most everything.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
If Bulger can stay healthy, he might actually be an upgrade over Culpepper. I simply can't understand a team's interest in Culpepper being that high after his dismal showing last year. Not to mention the money he thinks he is due. I hope I am wrong (because aside from his legal woes, Culpepper seems a decent guy), but I see him really becoming a cautionary tale. I don't see him being a competent starter in the NFL.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Found this on the ESPN Newswire.

On a personal note, if I had that much valuable jewelry, I'd have it welded to my body.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Gotta hang something on the dart board now don't I?

In other news, Javon Walker really wants out of Green Bay according to Michael Smith and ESPN.com.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
SIRIUS NFL Radio is reporting that Oakland is in negotiation in regards to Culpepper, and that the offer is currently being reviewed. There is expectations this deal could be done by the end of the weekend.

The other big news is that it appears as though the first FA off the market may be a kicker; it looks like Adam Vinitieri (sp?) may be headed to Dallas.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
No real surprise there. What's going to get interesting is how fast the O-Lineman will fall off the board.

Also mentioned was that a player(now FA) for the Cowboys said that they would be most likely to land TO. I keep hearing these rumors and wonder if it's a case of Parcells wanting to win a title and will do what it takes to secure his legacy. The fans are divided on the guy, myself included. I'm not too keen on him being there but we also badly need a top shelf
receiver. Options are slim on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks