What's new

2006 NFL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I resent that Casey...oh wait, no I don't, its the truth. Wow, the Tampa two looked great for the Lions tonight. At least I can take some solice in the fact that the Lions were missing two offensive and two defensive lineman, I guess, if thats what it takes to make me feel better about it.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit

It may not be that long before we have the same thing here in AZ. I know it's only preseason, but Leinart has looked really good. He's run the 2 minute offense twice, and led the team to FG's both times. He hit 12 consecutive passes against the Bears tonight, and just looks like he knows how to run a pro offense. He's been poised, done a good job feeling the pash rush, and has showed a surprising ability to scramble, though it often takes an AZ OL to reveal this trait in a QB. Denny doesn't want him to start this year, but I can see that changing.

Putting down the kool-aid as I type this...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Lol, that's why I said it was too bad it was against Detroit. There's a reason I haven't commented in the thread much yet this season, well a couple actually, but I'll never turn cartwheels over a 4/0 record in the joke-season.

Other reason, just due to being busy.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
As a native to DC, I endured the annual "Look at our great offseason of overpaying average names, Super Bowl here we come!!!!" party for the 'Skins. I know it's the pre-season, but the locals are restless with the BEATINGS they have gotten. Ugly.

As a Cowboys fan, I've enjoyed it. As a football fan, I know it's meaningless. Spurrier used to do really well in pre-season games.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Brave man, being a Cowboys fan in DC....especially during the days of the late '70's and early '80's before the 49ers' became Dallas' first enemy. Of course that's gone now. Is the passion still high for the Cowboys in DC (love & hate)? :)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I will have to make my predictions one of these days, but this year looks wide open. I can't even tell what my Chiefs will do. They could be anywhere from 4-12 to 11-5. There really are a lot of teams where I just have no clue what they will do like Miami, New Orleans, Arizona, Jacksonville, Atlanta, San Diego, etc...

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Jed,
We have a couple weeks yet but I think 11-5 for the Chiefs is a better possibility. I'm still not sold on their pass rush but their offense should be good again. Their secondary should make plays.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Jim, I am in. My team name is "Old Country Humbling~!" and I look forward to competing against you gentlemen. Unless This news kills me first which it just might.

I'd say more but my humanity dictates that I not unleash the string of swear words that are currently circling around in my head.

So...pissed...Off~!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Actually Brandon, I'm concerned that Jeff George has never gotten so much as a call from the Lions. Think about that, the team that will employ any QB that can hold up a will receive snap for food sign has never contacted Jeff George.

Which is my way of saying that if you guys hear of my arrest in the next few days, there's your explanation.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
There was a time when I believed that there were only three ways of getting ahead in the world
1. working hard
2. sleeping with somebody
3. inheritance

What the hell did Jeff George do? Maybe there's fourth category.

Jim_F

Screenwriter

The Lions worked him out a year or two ago. No offer. They must've liked Jeff Garcia and Joey Harrington much better.

I like the Bengals if Palmer stays healthy, but I won't give in to a preseason whim. I'm going to make my early Super Bowl prediction based on intuition as I always do. I'm almost always wrong.

Panthers upset Colts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks