Real Name
Thomas
"I don’t think there’s no team in this league that can beat us."

:laugh: I can't stop laughing...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Roy's "guarantee" will have little affect on Sunday's game. The Lions didn't have a snowball's chance of winning in Chicago anyway, so pissing off the Bears will just make the defeat uglier. Of course, that assumes that the Bears are even playing attention to Detroit. :)

I think the Patriots made out very well in their trade of Branch. I've always thought Branch was just an above average receiver who benefitted greatly from the system he played in. There's no way he is worth a first round pick, IMO. And unless Branch can play left guard, he's not going to fill Seattle's biggest need on offense.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
I just hope the Bears have enough time to learn to punch the ball into the endzone. Not being able to get a touchdown against a so-so defense is just pathetic.

I feel sorry for the Packer fans for letting the Favre farewell tour to go on instead of starting the rebuilding process NOW and let the next guy take his chops...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

If you have ever wondered what a meltdown of mine might look like, I decided to Live Blog the game.

I could never be an NFL head coach, I would have personally killed Asomugha after that dumbass penalty of his on the missed field goal.

At this rate I'll have stressed myself out by week 5 (and that's given that they have a bye in week 3)

Rommel_L

Second Unit
I'm talking about rebuilding, not Superbowl aspirations for this year. If Aaron Rodgers is the heir apparent to Favre, might as well find out if the guy's a potential Ben Roethlisberger or an Akili Smith...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The Raiders defense is playing pretty well on the whole especially in the second half.

Shane Lechler is a damn good punter.

The offense is terrible, offensive is not a bad enough word to describe it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I have seen some terrible, terrible Raiders football in my day.

The 1997 season set new standards for awefulness.

This was the worst I have ever seen them.

They couldn't have beaten my town's High School Team, a team that has not won a game in their last 26 attempts.

I don't blame the defense, it must suck to have to spend all day on the field because your offense does nothing. Even the most well conditioned athletes would be tired for as often as they were on the field.

As for the offensive line, Art Shell should play, he should call Jim Otto and he should play, and Gene Upshaw as well. The are a thousand years old, but they could not have done a worse job.

The defense is alright but you'd never know it because the offense may be worse than even Green Bay's.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Chargers had 9 sacks. And for extra fun, Oakland gets to travel to Baltimore next week to take on a rather thriving defense.

I think the line will be well into double digits. (havent checked)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The good news:

1) Dan Snyder paying $2M for Al Saunders, $35M for Randle El ( :eek: :eek: ), $2?M for Lloyd, and $35M for Archuleta.

2) Dan Snyder inviting his new project buddy Tom Cruise to sit in his box on Monday night football while he unveils his masterstroke.

3) Watching Steve Hutchison, the new Viking offensive addition (costing much less than R. el and Lloyd, crush Archuleta on a touchdown run, and just eating their blitzes and pass rush.

As a Redskins non-fan...it was glorious. I seriously think that Dan Snyder hoards old Sportscenters. In the offseason, he watchs the 3 years old editions. If he hears a name without the words sex offender in the same sentence, he makes an obscene offer to every free agent mentioned. Unless they are Offensive Linemen.

Also, my wife was losing her fantasy by 10 points. Her opponent sat the Bengals D to play the Redskins D (2 points). Down by 12. My wife had LT left. You know the rest (sorry Casey).

I don't think Brooks will be starting in two weeks. I have to imagine that NOT drafting hometown Heisman hero Leinart (drafting a FS instead, even a good one) has to go down as the worst draft blunder in the last decade.

I love watching Snyder lose. The 'Skins will be fine though. Brad Johnson looked great, making correct decisions right and left, and beating the team that kicked him out for Jeff George (is he looking good, yet) 5 years ago.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
What was up with ESPN’s MNF debut, giving all that time in the booth to Jamie Foxx? The rambling talk really took away from the game, so much so that we turned down the volume during the second quarter.

I hope that this is not indicative of ESPN’s direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks