2006 Formula1 season

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jeff R., Mar 11, 2006.

1. Jeff R.

Jeff R. Stunt Coordinator

May 31, 1999
    • Ferrari is back!
    • More reliability problems for McLaren?
    • Super Aguri, the new Minardi.
    • The new qualifying format and relaxed tire rules are going to keep things interesting.
    • Will Jenson Button finally get his first win this season?
  2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Aug 19, 2001
    Great race! I hope the rest of them go right down to the last lap like this one!

I dont think McLaren will have quite the same problems, although I hope they do.[​IMG] Kimi will be the driver to beat, if his car will hold.

My BMW team didnt do too well, but I guess thats not too surprising.

I think that Honda will defenitly get a win this year, but Im not sure which driver will do it first.

Nico Rosberg should be amazing, I know its early, but I think he'll really do well. If it were not for his early incident, he could have beaten his team mate.

Next week malaysia, and then the week after that, the first week of MotoGP! Racing is back! Wheee!
  3. Paul McElligott

Paul McElligott Cinematographer

Jul 2, 2002
    Paul McElligott
    Scott Speed did pretty good, all things considered. Hopefully, without the expectations that come with being an Andretti, his tenure in F1 can be longer than Michael's.

I think that's an insult to Minardi. Best comment of the weekend, after Kimi's suspension failed during qualifying and he was limping back to the pits on three wheels, David Hobbs said, "He's probably still lapping faster than Ide."

4. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Apr 4, 2002
    Yee Ming Lim
    Well, give Super Aguri a break -- up and running, albeit veeerrrryyyy slowly, in a matter of a few months, if not weeks, using a 4-year old chassis (ex-Arrows, remember them?) though they have what is probably a decent powerplant from Honda.

Yes, nice to see Ferrari back and mixing it up at the head of the order. Although I'm guessing they might have run just a tad light on fuel in final qualifying, given that Schumi had to pit earlier -- there is however a report that he was "penalised" one lap's worth of top-up fuel after qualifying, on the grounds that one of his laps exceeded 110% of the fastest time. Not sure what that's all about, these new qualifying rules, although welcome when compared to last year's crap-shoot, can be pretty confusing. Why not just let them run as light/fast as possible in qualifying, and re-fuel to whatever they want ahead of race day proper?