What's new

2006 Fall Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
My summer schedule will be...

Bones, Criminal Minds, House MD, any missed episodes of Supernatural, The 4400, Monk, Pepper Dennis

My Fall schedule (for now)...

Monday
8:30 The Class (CBS)
9:00 Heroes (NBC)
10:00 CSI: Miami (CBS)
10:00 Medium (NBC)

Tuesday
8:00 NCIS (CBS)
8:00 Gilmore Girls (CW)
8:00 Standoff (FOX)
9:00 The Unit (CBS)
9:00 Veronica Mars (CW)
10:00 Boston Legal (ABC)
10:00 Law & Order: SVU (NBC)

Wednesday
8:00 Bones (FOX) - maybe
9:00 Lost (ABC)
9:00 Criminal Minds (CBS) - maybe
9:00 20 Good Years (NBC)
9:30 30 Rock (NBC)
10:00 CSI: NY (CBS)
10:00 Law & Order (NBC)

Thursday
8:00 My Name is Earl (NBC)
9:00 CSI (CBS)
9:00 Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
9:00 Supernatural (CW)
9:00 Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (NBC)
10:00 Six Degrees (ABC)
10:00 Shark (CBS)

Friday
8:00 Betty the Ugly (ABC)
10:00 Numb3rs (CBS)

Saturday
Any repeats missed, and catching up from the week

Sunday
7:00 Everybody Hates Chris (CW)
8:00 The Amazing Race (CBS)
8:00 The Simpsons (FOX)
8:00 Sunday Night Football (NBC) - depends on matchup
9:00 Family Guy (FOX)
10:00 Brothers And Sisters (ABC)

Other
King of the Hill (FOX)
24 (FOX)
Monday Night Football (ESPN) - again, depends on matchup
MLB playoffs (FOX)
plus a lot of shows on DVD

maybe - depends on whether I like the show or not, which I am finally getting around to sampling this summer

Also, any other new shows that I hear great reviews about (either from critics or this forum)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Pretty simple fall schedule for me:

Sunday: The Simpsons
Monday: Prison Break*, 24 (January)
Tuesday: Gilmore Girls, The Shield (whenever it returns)
Wednesday: Lost
Thursday: C.S.I.*
Friday: nothing
Saturday: nothing

* watch them if I'm home.

In the summer I'll watch: Deadwood, Entourage, The Dead Zone, and Chappelle's Show.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
My viewing schedule will most likely remain the same as last season.

Tuesdays: Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Boston Legal
Thursdays: Smallville

I was going to give Everybody Hates Chris a chance, but the new timeslot is pretty bad.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Looks like most of what I have been watching this season will be returning next season. I am extremely happy to see Veronica Mars on the schedule and hope the ratings pick up this coming season. I am a bit worried that Everwood is not listed though. It's a very well made show and I would hate to see it go.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'll be watching Supernatural and Desperate Housewives mostly, maybe the new Calista Flockhart series

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Everwood's gone. According to an interview I read with a CW executive, it came down to 7th Heaven or Everwood and Heaven came out on top, even though it already aired its series finale.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday8:00 PM Jericho (CBS)My Name is Earl (NBC)Smallville (The CW)
[tape] 8:30 PM The Office (NBC) 9:00 PM Heroes (NBC) 20 Good Years (NBC)Studio 60 on Sunset Strip (NBC)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, the networks have done a great job freeing up my schedule this year. I've only got three nights of television to worry about, and three networks to worry about watching. I hope their advertisers are happy that a prime member of that 18-34 demographic will be only be averaging 4.5 hours of live television a week.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Well, here goes my "What I'm gonna watch" list:

Monday: Heroes is my most anticipated show of the season. CSI: Miami and Medium are also on the list. My wife also watches 7th Heaven, Old Christine and What About Brian. The preview of Vanished looked like it could be good.

Tuesday: NCIS and House, the CW schedule of Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars is also on the list. Will sample Standoff and Smith.

Wednesday: Looking forward to Jericho, and the return of Lost and CSI: New York. Will also sample Justice, 30 Rock, The Nine, and maybe Day Break on the Lost hiatus.

Thursday: Of course, this is a huge night. Returning favorites include Smallville and CSI. The wife loves Gray's Anatomy. Will sample Six Degrees, Shark, and Studio 60 (if it stays in that spot.)

Friday: Quite a bit lighter, my wife likes Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs, and I usually try to watch Las Vegas with her, but I'm a bit behind.

Saturday: Clearing out stuff piled up on the DVRs.

Sunday: Simpsons and Family Guy, King of the Hill when it comes back. Wife likes Desperate Housewives and will probably sample Brothers and Sisters. Will probably check out Raines in January.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my schedule (all times CENTRAL, 'cause that's how I roll, yo):
EDITED FOR NBC'S SCHEDULE CHANGES!

Monday:

7 p.m. How I Met Your Mother, CBS
Liked this show a lot in its first season and I'm very glad to see it back.
7 p.m. Standoff (January), Fox
Assuming I like it when I sample it in the fall (see below).

8 p.m. Heroes, NBC
Cool cast stocked with folks I've liked in other projects, and a cool premise.
8 p.m. Vanished (fall), Fox
Sounds like a cool concept but it'll have to hook me fast since there are no actors in it I'm particularly enamored with.
8 p.m. 24 (January), Fox
I've been watching since hour one of day one, not about to stop now!

9 p.m. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, NBC
I'm a massive SNL geek, so how can I not check this out? Should be very interesting.

Tuesday:

7 p.m. Standoff (fall), Fox
They had me at "Gina Torres." I'd follow that woman anywhere. Ron Livingston is a nice bonus.
7 p.m. Gilmore Girls, CW
I've watched the first five seasons on DVD over the course of the first few months of this year, and loved it. If season 6 comes out in time for me to catch up, I will start watching season 7 live.

8 p.m. Veronica Mars, CW
The very best show on television. I am so pleased that it's coming back! Now, if they'll just make Tina Majorino a regular...
8 p.m. The Unit, CBS
This is pending a summer DVD release to let me catch up. I liked the episodes I saw a lot, but I missed a couple due to conflicts and DVR failure, so I decided to catch up on DVD.

9 p.m. Smith, CBS
Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen make this one worth checking out, though I wish Madsen was a partner in crime rather than the woman trying to get Liotta to stick to the straight and narrow.

Wednesday:

7 p.m. Jericho, CBS
This sounds like a very cool concept, if a little derivative of Lost. And Ashley Scott is in it, a bonus in my book (sure wish they'd release Birds Of Prey on DVD...) If I like both this and 20 Good Years and/or 30 Rock, I'll have to get a second DVR, so it will have to impress me quickly.
7 p.m. Bones (fall), Fox
Another that depends on a catch-up DVD. I really, really liked the episodes I saw at the beginning of the season, but when Fox moved it up against my two favorite shows, Veronica Mars and Lost, well... my DVR will only record two shows at a time. But I would very much like to catch up and resume watching next season.
7 p.m. Justice (January), Fox
Pending liking it when I sample it in the fall (see below)
7 p.m. 20 Good Years, NBC
Like the pairing of Lithgow and Tambor, but I'm mostly only checking this out for the show it's paired with (see below).
7:30 p.m. 30 Rock, NBC
One of the new shows I'm most excited about, as Tina Fey is a goddess in my book. Dratch, Tracy Morgan and Alec Baldwin are icing on the cake. I'm expecting greatness.

8 p.m. Lost, ABC
Duh! Totally addicted and I know I'm going to be on edge all summer waiting for it to come back.
8 p.m. Justice (fall), Fox
After five years of goodness on Alias, Victor Garber's new show definitely earns a look, and now that 20 Good Years/30 Rock have moved from this timeslot, I can afford to give it a little more time to impress me.

9 p.m. The Nine, ABC
Not sure the concept is sustainable as a series, but the great cast (Chi McBride! Kim Raver! John Billingsey!) earns it a look.

Thursday:

7 p.m. My Name is Earl, NBC
Easily one of the funniest shows on TV, so glad this is a hit!
7 p.m. Smallville, The CW
I've been watching since the beginning so I won't quit now despite the last couple of seasons being pretty lackluster. Alison Mack remains a great reason to stay tuned, if for nothing else.
7:30 p.m. The Office, NBC
Can anyone who watched that incredible season finale NOT come back to see what's next? Another of the funniest shows on TV, and I'm so glad ths show has found its way.

9 p.m. Six Degrees, ABC
Not 100% sold on the concept, but J.J. Abrams has earned a look.
9 p.m. Shark, CBS
James Woods starring, Brian Grazer producing and Spike fricking Lee directing the pilot? Sign me up!

Friday:

7 p.m. Betty the Ugly, ABC
I wasn't sold on this until I saw that Silvio Horta, who I've been following since The Chronicle on Sci-Fi, is a writer and producer. Now, I'm going to give it a try. Hoping producer Salma Hayek will make frequent guest appearances.
7 p.m. Ghost Whisperer, CBS
A guilty pleasure, I usually let the episodes accumulate on the DVR for months and then watch three or four at a stretch. I think I still have about the last third of season one on the machine waiting to be watched. It'll have to be better than it was this season, though, if I like Betty and get caught up on Bones before it moves to this slot in January.
7 p.m. Bones (January), Fox
See above.

Saturday:

NONE

Sunday:

6 p.m. Everybody Hates Chris, The CW
Another one that I will have to catch up with on DVD first. I liked the first couple of episodes, but it ended up being on against Smallville and Alias, and lost out. I hope the DVD comes out soon.

7 p.m. The Simpsons, Fox
More out of habit than anything else these days, though there's still usually at least one good laugh per episode.

7:30 p.m. American Dad, Fox
I think this show has really started to come into its own after starting out as a Family Guy clone. It's quite funny and I look forward to more.

8 p.m. Family Guy, Fox
I remain a big Family Guy fan and I wouldn't change a thing about it.
8 p.m. Desperate Housewives, ABC
While I agree with many critics that season two on Wisteria Lane hit some valleys, the last several episodes have been VERY strong and I think the season finale tomorrow is going to provide more than enough to bring me back for year three.

8:30 p.m. The War at Home, Fox
I came to quite like this dysfunctional family comedy this year. It's not the greatest show on TV, nor is it particularly cerebral, but I still enjoy it.

9 p.m. Brothers & Sisters, ABC
Giving this a try for the Alias connections, especially Ron Rifkin. Hope it's good.

Midseasons:

Day Break, ABC
I think this is one of the coolest concepts of the season and the presence of X-Files folks behind the scenes and Adam Baldwin and Victoria Pratt (I forgive you for Mutant X, Victoria) in front of the camera guarantees I'll watch.

Andy Barker, P.I., NBC
Andy Richter? Sold. The fact that it sounds like a fun concept is gravy.

Scrubs, NBC
I'm catching up with this on DVD. Assuming the first five seasons will be avilable before it returns, I'll start watching live. Given that they've got plenty of time, it shouldn't be a problem.

The Winner, Fox
This may be the new show I'm most excited about. Rob Corddry and Seth MacFarlane? I'm so there. I am mildly concerned that it sounds a little like a retread of Chris Elliott's brilliant Get a Life, but I still expect greatness.

On the Lot, Fox
I hate reality TV, but this sounds like a fascinating competition, and I'm assuming Spielberg's involvement means we should see some major stars appearing in the competitor's short films, which should make this worth seeing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Okay, what the heck. No changes from this season, other than the loss of Invasion:

Monday - Prison Break
Tuesday - Veronica Mars
Wednesday - Lost
Thursday - Smallville, Supernatural
Friday - Ghost Whisperer

That's it.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Lots of free time for me this fall:

Sunday: Without a Trace, King of the Hill
Monday: 24 {I'm bailing on Prison Break.)
Tuesday: House (occasionally)
Wednesday: Lost

Other than that, reruns of NYPD Blue.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My limited fall viewing schedule (lots of time for DVD's :) ) :

SUNDAY
08:00 (NBC) Sunday Night Football
09:00 (FOX) Family Guy

MONDAY
10:00 (CBS) CSI: Miami

TUESDAY
09:00 (CW) Veronica Mars

WEDNESDAY
Nada.

THURSDAY
09:00 (CW) Supernatural

FRIDAY
08:00 (CBS) Ghost Whisperer

SATURDAY
Nada on networks...usually the SciFi movie at 9pm.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator

The producers of Veronica Mars are negotiating to make Tina Majorino a series regular next year. I imagine they could work around her schedule for Big Love if she wanted to continue to do both series, since she's not on BL all that much.

(And I agree that VM is the best show on network tv. It's nice to see VM listed on so many fall viewing schedules here, but I hope that enthusiasm translates into more viewers this fall.)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

This is perfect. There's NOTHING on before King of the Hill so I just sit twiddling my thumbs. Thursday night was a HUGE pain in the ass.

Survivor, Joey/Will&Grace, Smallville, AND Everybody Hates Chris. Of course my Condo Board keeps wanting to meet Thursday nights. What a nightmare this last year has been.

Was hoping to get some breathing space with Joey/Willl&Grace gone, but Earl/Office has now moved into that slot. Aaargh. Thank you WC!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm not planning on adding any new shows but something may surprise me as prior to this past year I'd gone 2-3 years without regularly watching a network show but have gotten hooked on a couple.

Summer: Entourage and sample that Lucky Louie show

Sundays: Everybody Hates Chris and The Boondocks assuming the Boondocks returns in its same timeslot.

Monday: How I Met Your Mother

Thursday: My Name is Earl and sample the Studio 60 show.

Hoping that Curb Your Enthusiasm returns and of course will be waiting for The Sopranos to start up.

As always I prefer watching movies to TV dramas and try to keep as much time open as possible for movies. I can always try it out on DVD later. I'm about to finally dip my toe in the Battlestar Galactica pool this weekend with the miniseries coming from Netflix.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Did any good come of messing with Law & Order this year? No.

For me, it mostly rearranges nights - most hours when I'd be watching/recording something on NBC, I still am, just something different. The exception, again, is getting Studio 60 out of the Thursday night scrum and into an hour when I'm not planning on watching/recording anything, and also picking up Crossing Jordan earlier.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Kind of sad to see Medium held to midseason, but perhaps they're hoping for the same kind of success the first season had in midseason. Still, it's one of the 2 hourlong shows I still watch on network television. (veronica mars lives!)

Hopefully there'll be a cushy timeslot when January rolls around, I'd hate to see it go... either way, it's one of NBC's highest rated shows... but that's not saying much this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks