What's new

2005 War of the Worlds 11/22 (1 Viewer)

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator
Well only the obvious, PAL being sped up sounds unnatural anyway, so I buy all my films in NTSC (60hz) despite living in the UK where we have all PAL disks.
Aside from the R1 sounding naturally deeper (due to the sound speed difference) the tracks are identical.

I did spot a bit of haloing at certain points, once when Ray is in the basement (just after the plane has crashed), and a few other points, but its only noticeable at projection - sized screens etc.

I must admit, I dislike the cardboard - digi style cases as they get easliy damaged, and take an age to put back together when you want to put the film away.
However the R1 artwork design is 100% better than the naff looking "headshots" art in other regions.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
ok,

watched R1 last night.
picture is outstanding, especially opening logo and credits.
sound is pretty good surround wise.

hard pressed to say EE is present...as for movie...my reaction was "What was the point of all that?" Too many holes.
I wished the kid dead! Both kids actually. :frowning:

Scores:
Video 9/10
Sound 9/10
Movie 7/10

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Chris Caine, you may want to spoilerize this part of your post for those who haven't seen the film yet.

I wished the kid dead! Both kids actually.

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
Ben, if you don't mind me asking, which e-tailer did you use to get this so ahead of everyone else? I'm VERY interested in getting things early!

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I just picked up a copy of the 2 disc Limited Edition quite by accident at a local outlet - they had 15 or 20 single discs on their display rack and 10 or so 2 discs in a box and I did not expect to see any at this time but there they were. If anyone here in Vancouver is interested please PM me for info as its doubtful they will last long. I just got in the door so havn't had the time to watch it yet.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what the price difference is going to be(street price, not SRP) between the 1-disc and 2-disc versions.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I know for sure the one disc version has bilingual art, but I have no idea if the two disc version is also skewed.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Jeremy

You will be happy to know that the 2 disc does not - at least this one is English only. When I checked the packaging there was no symbol evident showing the Canadian rating - which makes me wonder if this is actually meant for Canada. I guess time will tell but I suppose some dvds are sold here without it. All I saw was the PG 13 symbol. Hope this helps. I just checked the actual disc and the Cdn. 14A rating is on it so I think we can safely say it's English only. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks