What's new

2005 War of the Worlds 11/22 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
WOW! DTS is going to pound the crap out of my SVS sub during the aliens zapping the humans into ash

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Amazon doesn't have the 2-disc edition up for preorder yet, but I like how they've got the widescreen version of the single disc for $15.98, and the pan-and-scan for $20.99! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
The special features:

Click here here for the menus. Looks like we won't be getting any trailers. :frowning:

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
Someone at spielbergfilms.com Forum posted the running times of the documentaries:
Source: http://www.spielbergfilms.com/forum/...7&page=2&pp=20

That's almost 165 minutes worth of documentary material. I believe this will be the longest running time of special features included on a Spielberg DVD yet (don't count Indiana Jones because that was three movies, not one). This certainly looks promising. :D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Could someone please post in this thread the inclusion of any trailer for this movie on any current or future DVD? Thanks!

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I am so looking forward to this release. This film was an all-out assault against all senses in the theater. Can't wait to fire this up on the projector and hear that awesome "foghorn" sound.

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
It looks like none of the trailers will be included. :frowning: That's a shame because those trailers were pretty damn cool.

But you might want to check out the Special Collector's Edition DVD of the 1953 version because apparently that one includes the theatrical trailer for the Steven Spielberg film.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Are you sure? It's not listed in the HTF review.

As for this disc, I'll be there on opening day. I enjoyed the film and I am always a sucker for good demo material.:emoji_thumbsup:

I'll also pick up the 1953 version, not only was that a very well done film, but the disc is packed with extras, including the radio broadcast.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Wow, that R2 cover is really nice! I wonder if only the R2 version will have to 2005 trailer.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
ATTENTION BUYERS! Though I can't find a reference to it on the Wal-Mart website, according to a large marketing placard at my local store, Wal-Mart will be offering an exclusive bonus DVD with purchase of WAR OF THE WORLDS [2005] (no details on its contents)!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no trailer on the 1 disc version i have just a designing the enemy feature.
btw the dts track on this is spectacular.

no es or ex tho'

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
If the Wal-Mart bonus disc is anything like the one that was offered with Episode III they can stick it where the sun don't shine.

David Sal

Stunt Coordinator
Don't get too excited about a bonus disc on Wal Mart. They probably attach it to the single disc edition only. Hell, maybe that's the only version they will carry!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks