What's new

2005 Mustang revealed!!! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I like the profile view and the front is ok (though the headlights need work), but I HATE the rear end. What the hell happened back there? I agree with with Shawn, it's like they just gave up at the end or ran into a deadline or something.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Mustang lovers are such a funny bunch. I've known quite a few of them, and they all seem to fixate on a certain "body style". Whenever a new body style comes out they hate it, everytime. Any change is bad change and the engineers at Ford absolutely can NOT succeed with these people.

Funny.

I like the new car.

stan mucha

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,
I work for ford at there chicago stamping plant.i was in dearborn just befor christmas for some training.i got a chance to go to the research and engineering buildings where they have all of the clay studios.i saw the concept mustang cars.they look awsome in person.seen the prototype lightning truck as well as some other prototype cars....very impressive looking new concept vehicles..a friend of mine,who gave me the tour was telling me the concept mustang you see has been around for 2 years...i will be buying one.....

stan

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Its slowly starting to grow on me. I will admit that I do like the profile quite a bit, but the front-end definitely needs some work. However Drue hit it right on with the "worried eyes" comment.

Chris S.

Cam S

Screenwriter
If the headlights were angled down and towards the middle of the car, instead of up and away from the car, it would look alot more agressive and not have that sad face look to it.

DavidAM

Second Unit
What they need to do is make the insides of the headlights body color and just let the round headlights sit in the corners. Look at the silver picture that is head on, it looks like the insides would be body color and the whole front profile looks more squared off. Also when you look at the side profile picture above the front end looks like the older BMW's. I do like the side profile but I hope the nix the hood ducts at the nose for production.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
The front of the new Mustang looks great, but the rear end needs to be redesigned--it looks real tacky. :thumbsdown:

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I am still undecided on the look. I used to own a 68 coupe and loved it. I have thought about buying a new Mustang, but the fit/finish/quality of the car was just far too poor when compared to a japanese made car (Honda, Toyota etc.) I know, it is a Mustang...but it should still have had a higher quality components to it.

Anyhoo...does anyone know the specs for the '05 stang? Is it just another standard 5.0 or are they going for some big metal under the hood?

Jeff_Rice

Agent
Fellas,

I noticed that this has been a big topic here. I have seen the mustang that will released next year. The concept is just a teaser to what it will look like in the future. I have seen the real 2005 mustang and it is the best mustang since the 1968 design. I am looking forward to buying one of these when it comes out. All I have to say that the new 2005 mustang is amazing and not as gaudy from the auto show.

Jeff

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
So has anybody bought a 2005 Mustang yet? I was thinking of trading in my current car for one but my upcoming marriage has me thinking twice. I did check one out in person though. The GT is a sweet looking machine!

Ron C

Stunt Coordinator
300 hp....13.5 1/4 mile, not that bad. I don't care for the retro look, although I'm sure is moslty for the nostalgia for older folk. The interior is the same way. I don't think its for the younger crowd, although with insurance rates now, most young ones probably couldn't afford it. And it still has that archaic live axle (sigh)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Not a fan of retro styling either (although a black GT with body kit, mesh grille and Bullitt-style wheels did catch my eye the other day).

If I was five years younger, I would have definitely considered a GT as a purchase. As it is, I need something that complements my age, something more refined. Anyone here own an Infiniti G35?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Luis that car looks amazing! Grill could use some work but I'm sure there'll be a ton of aftermarket options available.
Any specs? It would be nice to see some f-body vs stang wars again. :D

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm a big mustang fan. If I can affoard it, I'm going to order an '05 GT convertable this summer, and give my wife the Explorer to drive. I miss my '00 convertable too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks