What's new

2005 Fall Schedule Thread (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
What is interesting about the Smackdown thing is that nobody in WWE saw that one coming they had no idea UPN was going to do that...I expect that it sets the stage for when the contract is up in the fall of 06. Of course with Smackdown being taped on Tuesday it really won't be affected all that much on the production side although the ratings will slip a bit I'm sure.

What I'll be watching.

Fox: King of the Hill, Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad
NBC: My Name is Earl and Joey
CBS: King of Queens
The WB...Blue Collar TV
ABC: Monday Night Football
UPN: only thing I might watch is Smackdown but Everybody Hates Chris is something I might check out as well.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

Jason, I hope you are right! I love VM and really like Lost and honestly am not entirely sure what I would do if I didn't have DVR. As it is, I'm not sure which I'll watch live.

Actually, the theme of next sesaon for me is giving thanks for my DVR. The schedule seems like such a mess at this point...I'm glad I'll be able to set my own.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What I'll be watching:

FOX: King of the Hill, The Simpsons (maybe), Family Guy
ABC: Nothing
CBS: Nothing
NBC: Nothing
UPN: Nothing
WB: See above

Plenty of time to watch my DVDs or, god forbid, do WORK!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I can't even begin to plan out my viewing schedule yet, but at least I can record 3 different things at the same time.

From this year's regulars, I've lost "Joan of Arcadia" and "Jack & Bobby" (sigh. . .) and "Eyes" (and going back to earlier in the season, the enjoyable "Dr. Vegas"). Shows of possible interest which will vie to quickly fill in those slots (and probably more) are, so far: "The Inside", "Prison Break", "Reunion", "Invasion" (William Fichtner!) and "Deviant Behavior" (this appears to now have the working title of "The Gate" -- awful name!).

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Sunday: King of the Hill, The Simpsons
Monday: Nothing until 24 returns in January
Tuesday: House
Wednesday: Still Standing, Lost
Thursday: Without A Trace
Friday: Bernie Mac

Boy I have things a lot easier than you guys! :)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Sunday: Desperate Housewives, Charmed, America's Funniest Home Videos
Monday: Fathom, Medium, House (spring)
Tuesday: NCIS, House (fall), American Idol (spring)
Wednesday: Lost, Invasion, American Idol (spring), The Apprentice: Martha, E-Ring, Law & Order
Thursday: Alias, The Night Stalker
Friday: Threshold, Ghost Whisperer
Saturday: -

Wherever Fear Factor lands once the season starts, I'll add that one to the list. Probably won't have to wait long before the Peacock needs to fill a slot. The only thing I lost this year that I watched was Eyes.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Briefly revisiting my post from this thread last year, here's a sampling of my comments on the then upcoming 2004 season

"I'm really hoping The Jury doesn't disappoint. Levinson & Fontana could put anything on the air and I'd watch it." Nope. Not that good.

"I'll probably try Grey's Anatomy at midseason because Ellen Pompeo is just so adorable, but I don't expect much from it." It doesn't suck and she is just as adorable as I remembered.

"I'm scheduling Lost, but this line - "...the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle fill them all with fear..." and some of the laughably stupid Rambaldi plotlines on Alias have me concerned that they'll push this into Land of the Lost territory." I still swear there's a Sleestak in that jungle somewhere. :D

Regarding Blind Justice - "This show sounds stupid, but it's got Rena Sofer in it, so I must watch it." It wasn't that stupid, but it needed more Rena Sofer.

I will miss Dead Like Me, Eyes, and Everybody Loves Raymond. I watched but probably won't really miss Carnivale, Father of the Pride, L&O:TBJ, and Enterprise.

What I'll be watching:
Everything gets funnelled through one of the two TiVos:
TiVo #1: Connected to Comcast digital cable box, used for recording pay cable content (HBO and Showtime original programming, BBC America, films on TCM and others) and picking up network shows that conflict with TiVo#2. It's usually packed with movies.
TiVo #2: Connected to analog cable feed, used for most regular network recordings and long-term show storage. FX and USA original programming also go here.

SUMMER SCHEDULE

Mondays: Nothing
Tuesdays: Maybe the Empire limited series on ABC
Wednesdays: I might sample The Inside on Fox
Thursdays: Nothing
Fridays: I think I missed an episode of Numb3rs, so I'll try to catch that in repeats, otherwise nothing.
Saturdays: Nothing
Sundays: Family Guy and American Dad

And whatever night they are on: Monk (USA), The Dead Zone (USA), The 4400 (USA), The Closer (TNT), Wanted (TNT), Celebrity Poker Showdown (Bravo), The Comeback (HBO), Over There (FX) and Rescue Me (FX). Add in Rome (HBO) and Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO), although I don't think they return until the fall.

Thoughts:
1. The network summer schedule SUCKS! Too many reality shows. I think this is the beginning of the end of that annoying trend. Having said that, I will probably tune in gleefully to Bravo in August for the premiere of Battle of the Network Reality Stars. I'm shameless.
2. The cable networks are really picking up the network slack in the summertime. That's not a bad thing.

FALL/SPRING SCHEDULE

SUNDAY

07:30
Fox - King of the Hill
ESPN - High-Def Sunday Night NFL

08:00
Fox - The Simpsons
NBC - The West Wing

08:30
Fox - The War at Home (sample)

09:00
Fox - Family Guy
ABC - Desperate Housewives

09:30
Fox - American Dad

10:00
NBC - Crossing Jordan
ABC - Grey's Anatomy

Thoughts:
1. I'll be cancelling my Season Pass to Cold Case. I struggled to find time to watch it anyway.
2. I'd really prefer to watch HD football all night, but this will require me to either get a third recording device or a second cable box. Given the traffic jam on Thursdays, maybe it's time for me to investigate a HTPC solution for time shifting.

Monday

Fox - Arrested Development
ABC - Monday Night Football (starts here in my time zone)

Fox - Kitchen Confidential (sample)
CBS - How I Met Your Mother (sample)

Fox - Prison Break (sample)
ABC - Emily's Reasons Why Not (sample)
Fox - 24 (January)

Thoughts:
1. So what happens when he breaks out of prison? Do they change the name of the show from Prison Break to Fugitive Dude? Or does he just keep committing crimes to break out of different prisons? I must know!
2. I might sample Fathom, but it's on against football.

Tuesday

tWB - Gilmore Girls
Fox - Bones (sample)

CBS - The Amazing Race 8
NBC - My Name is Earl (sample)

09:30
NBC - The Office

Thoughts:
1. If I get a third recorder I may sample Supernatural.
2. Whenever Scrubs returns, I'll record it as well.

Wednesday

...the crickets say chirp chirp in this time slot where Smallville should still be located...

ABC - Lost
??? Criminal Minds vs Head Cases vs E-Ring vs Veronica Mars (lots of sampling going on)

CBS - CSI: New York
ABC - Invasion (sample)
NBC - Law & Order

Thoughts:
1. I've only watched one episode of CSI: NY this past season and I may just delete the other recorded episodes if I'm not compelled by it as I dig through the recordings over the summer. Invasion has a legitimate shot to claim that recording slot.
2. Move something, anything (!), out of the 9 PM slot up into the 8 PM slot and I'll give it a reasonable viewing. Right now I'll probably latch on to whatever show premieres first in the 9 PM slot and doesn't suck.

Thursday

CBS - Survivor: Guatemala
ABC - Alias
Fox - The O.C.
tWB - Smallville

ABC - The Night Stalker
CBS - CSI

NBC - ER

Thoughts:
1. Hey ABC! Why night make it Primetime Live at 8, then Alias at 9, and then The Night Stalker at 10?
2. Hey WB! I only watch two shows on your network. Now you've made it one. Fix it!
3. Will this be the year that I cancel the Season Pass for ER? I think I'm ready.

Friday

Fox - Malcolm in the Middle

CBS - Numb3rs

Thoughts:
1. Quiet night.

Saturday

Absolutely nothing - I don't remember the last time I watched a movie on network television. Why do they bother?

Brad's rant: Too many lawyer shows. Too many psychic shows. Too many pop star factory shows. Too many 20-something can't decide what to do with my life free spirit shows. Too many forensic investigator shows. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A DECENT SHOW ABOUT SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING?

Brad

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
If the "casts" on Survivor and the Amazing Race look interesting I'll tune in, other than that these are the only shows next fall I am looking forward too:

Monday

8 Arrested Development (FOX)

10 Medium (NBC)

Tuesday

9 Scrubs (whenever it comes back) (NBC)

9:30 The Office (NBC)

Wednesday

9 Lost (ABC)

10 L&O

Thursday

8 Joey (NBC)

9 The Night Stalker (ABC)

Friday

10 Numb3rs[/b] (CBS)

Saturday

(Nothing!!!??)

Sunday

8 Cold Case (CBS)

9 L&O: CI

10 Crossing Jordan (NBC)

Now that I have a DVR I've been recording lots of movies off TCM and FLIX, and catching reruns of Combat on Encore:Action. Hopefully the XBOX 360 and Perfect Dark Zero will also be released this fall.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

You know, I haven't been able to find anywhere, a cast list for this. Is it so closely a remake of Kolchak: The Night Stalker that the same characters are used? If so, does anyone know who are playing Kolchak and Vincenzo. It is important.

Less important, but still interesting, is who plays Updyke, the slightly effeminate, nebbishy, too-ineffectual-to-be-a-rival reporter?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
What I'll probably be watching if I don't change my mind before September.

Sunday

09:00 (ABC) - Desperate Housewives
09:00 (FOX) - Family Guy

09:30 (FOX) - American Dad

10:00 (ABC) - Grey's Anatomy

Monday

08:00 (FOX) - Arrested Development sampling because of the hype and its before KC.
08:30 (CBS) - How I Met Your Mother sampling for Alyson Hannigan
08:30 (FOX) - Kitchen Confidential sampling for Bradley Cooper and Nick Brendan

10:00 (NBC) - Medium

Tuesday

08:00 (FOX) - Bones sampling for Boreanaz

09:00 (ABC) - Commander In Chief sampling because I find it a more interesting premise than J&B

10:00 (ABC) - Boston Legal
10:00 (CBS) - Close to Home sampling for Christian Kane

Wednesday

09:00 (ABC) - Lost

10:00 (ABC) - Invasion sampling because its sci-fi but it better be GOOD on the first episode.

Thursday

08:00 (ABC) - Alias
08:00 (FOX) - The O.C.
08:00 (tWB) - Smallville I may drop if its as bad as Season 4 was. I just can't do 3 shows in the same time slot. I'm considering renting another DVR because of this and it pisses me off.

09:00 (FOX) - Reunion sampling for Alexa Davlos and the premise sounds good.

Friday

08:00 (UPN) - WWE Smackdown!

The Bench

(ABC) What About Brian? (Monday 10pm) sampling for J.J. Abrams producing

(CBS) The Unit sampling for Shawn Ryan producing, Amy Acker and Dennis Haybert starring.

(FOX) 24 (Monday 9pm)

(NBC) Four Kings sampling for Seth Green.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I got my EW Fall TV Guide today so here are my plans. I have a few time conflicts, but fortunately the ones I really care about are on UPN or the WB, which I get through DISH at other time zones.

Sundays
07:30PM King of the Hill
08:00PM The Simpsons
09:00PM Desperate Housewives

Monday
08:00PM Arrested Development
08:30PM How I Met Your Mother (sampling)
08:30PM Kitchen Confidential (sampling)
**It's mean they're pitting Willow vs. Xander

Tuesday
08:00PM Gilmore Girls (5:00PM ET)
08:00PM Bones (sampling)
09:00PM My Name Is Earl (sampling)
09:30PM The Office

Wednesday
08:00PM America's Next Top Model
09:00PM Veronica Mars (6:00PM ET)
09:00PM Lost
10:00PM Invasion (sampling)

Thursday
08:00PM Everybody Hates Chris (sampling)
08:00PM Alias
09:00PM Reunion (sampling)

Friday
08:00PM Ghost Whisperer (sampling - sounds iffy but it's got JLH and that's enough for now)
09:00PM Threshold (sampling, but it's got Carla Gugino, who is even more of a draw than JLH)

So not too taxing. I'm sure there will be others that I'll want to check out after reading through the lineup, but there's only so much time. Plus I'm sure there will be some attrition.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be watching:

Sunday

The Simpsons
Curb Your Enthusiasm/Extras/Rome/The Sopranos/Deadwood/HBO in general :)

Monday

Arrested Development

Wednesday

Lost

Thursday

Alias
The Night Stalker (until it's quickly cancelled)
CSI

And 24 is back on January 8!

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I have no life so I watch a lot of TV and to prove it, this is what I'll be watching:

Sunday
8pm - Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Cold Case, Charmed
9pm - Desperate Housewives
10pm - Grey's Anatomy

Monday
8pm - King of Queens
8:30pm - How I Met Your Mother, Kitchen Confidential (sampling for the same reasons Eddy is...that goes for other shows as well)
9pm - Two & a Half Men, Prison Break
9:30pm - Out of Practice (sampling because I've liked most of the CBS Monday comedies)
10pm - Medium

Tuesday
8pm - Gilmore Girls, According to Jim, Bones
9pm - Amazing Race, My Name is Earl (love Jason Lee), Supernatural
10pm - Close to Home, Nip/Tuck

Wednesday
8pm - America's Next Top Model, Still Standing, Apprentice: Martha Stewart
8:30pm - Yes, Dear, Stacked
9pm - Lost, Veronica Mars, Related (love a good chick show)
10pm - Invasion

Thursday
8pm - Survivor, The O.C., Alias, Joey
9pm - CSI, The Apprentice, Reunion (the show I'm most interested in checking out), Night Stalker
10pm - Without a Trace, ER

Friday
8pm - Ghost Whisperer (will check out but not hopeful)
9pm - Reba, Threshold (love Brent Spiner)
9:30pm - Living with Fran
10pm - Numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks