2005 done me dirty. How 'bout you?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul_Scott, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

unlike 2004, i find myself looking back at the year at this point and instead of seeing a lot of favorite titles finally released(or re-released) in more than satisfying presentations, i see how many of my most wanteds were released in incomprehensibly weak packages.
    i'm not talking about 2 disc feature packed sets when i wanted 3 discs, i'm talking about basic picture, sound, and playability issues.
    DVDs that looked worse than their laserdisc incarnations from more than a decade ago, lousy, analog era transfers from formerly top notch studios, glitch prone sets, unaccountable low bit rate features when there isn't anything else on the disc, poor elements, weak sound, music replaced including key signature themes, remasters from better elements or that utilize better processes and yet appear less crisp and detailed than their earlier incarnations, the list goes on and on.

2004 was a banner year for quantity AND quality imo.
    2005 in comparision was an almost consistent letdown (for me).

am i really the only one that went from week to week giddily anticipating something only to find it compromised in some way when i finally get to spin it in my HT.

2. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

Big Lebowski fan, are you? [​IMG]

3. Kain_C

Kain_C Screenwriter

And Office Space and Star Wars fan as well? [​IMG]