What's new

2004 NHL Playoffs: Round 1 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
can someone tell me what happens in the blue light commercial? I only saw part of it and the only reason I noticed is that we hardly see american commercials in Canada during hockey games because the CBC shows mostly canadian commercials. I know they switch bras at the end and you see the 2 guys with the beer. I think the girls took the cooler which they thought was blue light? Is that correct? What happens in the beginning of the commercial?

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Anthony--the girls ask for the cooler. The guys said only if they "switch." Guys get boner :). Girls row off w/ empty cooler.

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the input but this might be a stupid question. What exactly are they switching? one of the girls for the beer or is 'switching' ambiguous?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Come on guys. Stop talking about a commercial (that I didn't even see because I was witnessing history in person) and get back to praising my Bolts.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
paul, no matter how many games you counted that each player played for boston, and no matter which way you would like to spin things, i never said anything more than "the first two guys to hold the cup were ex-boston rejects" which is true.

anyway, as john tortorella wisely said, nhl teams tend to take on the persona of their coaches. if a coach has a good attitude, it is likely that the team will too. if a coach loses his composure and complains at every penalty called, his team will too. and it even trickles down to some of the fans too. i only wish i heard him say that a couple months ago. because it certainly is true.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Cool stuff!

I sent a letter to the editor of the Calgary Sun, one of our local papers. I *had* to say "thanks" to the Flames for such a great playoff run. :)

They published it today. (Link will only work for today...the 9th.)

They edited it ... I thought my original was a tad better...but what the heck. I got published. :D

Christ & Paul... as I've heard many times of late, it's not the names on the back of the jerseys that make up the team. It's the logo on the front. Who the guys played for prior to being a "Bolt" is pointless info. They were playing for Tampa when they won. :)

Again, congrats Tampa. Hell of a show! :emoji_thumbsup:

...and congrats to my Flames! Pre-emptive cheer for next year! GO FLAMES GO! :D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
you know, when i say something bad about the bruins, i'm not personally attacking YOU, i'm not sure if you know that. i began to notice when you started saying a bunch of bad things about the red wings when you found out i liked them. sure they may be past their prime, but they are a lot better off than some other teams. they didnt win the cup either, but a team full of 'old fogies' doesnt win the presidents trophy based on luck. they may not be the wings we knew from the last 90s, but they are still a force in the nhl who was taken down by a great team that was playing great at the time. calgary beat the wings because they wanted it more and they were just better. i was a fan starting around the early 90s, and i'll be a fan when they start to not make the playoffs again.

CJ

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I went to the paradfe and rally today. Lots of fun to be there. Who would have imagined a Stanley Cup parade in what had to be about 87 degree heat. At least the rally was inside the Forum, which was nice and cool. It helps that the ice hadn't been melted yet.

I really enjoyed watching the players pass the Cup around again...it gave everyone a small moment to relive Monday night's amazing victory. Can't wait to get all the gear I ordered, and I'll be down at the Forum tomorrow to pick up a few things that could not be purchsed online (yeah, I know it's hard to believe, but it's true).

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
I took my 3 year old daughter to the parade and rally yesterday. Since I was in Vegas for games 6 & 7, it was nice to get down there and be a part of the celebration. It certainly was hot, and wearing the black jersey didn't help matters. :D

Congratulations to the Lightning!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Considering how late the season runs, that's not unusual. Heck, it was in the 90's yesterday here.

Congrats to the Bolts. Hopefully Bill Davidson's luck will continue in the NBA Finals with the Pistons.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Glad the parade went well!

Calgary held a rally for the Flames downtown yesterday. Over 20,000 people attended. :D Makes me wonder what would have happened if we WON. :laugh:

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Martin St. Louis wins the Lester B. Pearson award. this is when the players vote on the best player. i just want this guy to have so much success in the nhl, maybe scouts will draft skill instead of size. i would think by now, everyone in the nhl could see that smaller players can excel.

top 5 scorers for 2003-2004
Martin St. Louis 5'9"
Ilya Kovalchuk 6'1"
Joe Sakic 5'11"
Markus Naslund 5'11"
Marian Hossa 6'1"

only 2 guys above 6' in the top 5. and i think kovalchuk would be right up there even if he was 5'5". anyway, just thought i'd share.

and the nhl awards ceremony is tonight, st. louis will almost certainly take the hart trophy for the nhl's mvp, and andrew raycroft should have the same odds for the calder trophy for the nhl's rookie of the year. raycroft is also nominated for the vezina for best goalie.

CJ

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Marty took home the Hart trophy. Woohoo. No offense to Iginla, but Marty had the career year that put the Ligtning in the top EC seed. And Coach Tortorella got the Adams Award, for much the same reason. Calgary was good, but many would say that the Lightning more than over-achieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks